BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

For those who want Holloway as manager if Kean is abducted by aliens (which seems to be more likely than him ever being sacked), perhaps tonights performance were they appeared to be playing a flat back two for the first half, might make you think again!

When Rovers play Blackpool, we could see a 18 goal thriller with the inability of both teams to defend.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a player charlie austin is, no chance will he be at burnley beyond january!!!

Well if somebody has 10 million spare he won't be. Currently top scorer in England, careers stats of 59 goals in 110 league appearances, 14 goals this season (11 in the league), 20 in his last 19 games (all competitions). If Rhodes is worth 8 million with one Championship goal to his name, and with Austin currently having scored over twice as many already this season, all in a team that is struggling, Austin must be a steal at 10 million.

So 3+2 would be 5? 5 x 2 is 10, which I'm fairly sure is less than 11. So when I said Austin had scored over twice as many I was wrong because?

On the one Championship goal, I stand corrected, didn't think he'd scored 2 for Huddersfield. So it was 8 million after 2 goals at this level, Austin already has 27 in 53 appearances in the Championship. Not criticising Rhodes, just pointing out how much Austin must be worth. Don't worry though, if somebody offers tuppence ha'penny in January our board will sell.

• Moderation Lead

So 3+2 would be 5? 5 x 2 is 10, which I'm fairly sure is less than 11. So when I said Austin had scored over twice as many I was wrong because?

On the one Championship goal, I stand corrected, didn't think he'd scored 2 for Huddersfield. So it was 8 million after 2 goals at this level, Austin already has 27 in 53 appearances in the Championship. Not criticising Rhodes, just pointing out how much Austin must be worth. Don't worry though, if somebody offers tuppence ha'penny in January our board will sell.

Maths aside, given the absence of Rodriguez, I didn't expect Austin to step up this well, but he's been on fire so far. Didn't realise he was only 23 as well, thought he was a couple of years older than that at least.

There had been a lot of hype around Rhodes, and for whatever reason that didn't seem to happen with Austin as much.

At any rate, I fully expect if he keeps bagging goals there will be interest come January. As long has he has an off day in early December of course :tu:

I wouldn't worry even if he's on fire - we can't defend, at all. We have to score 3 goals just to get a draw these days.

That said a friend of mine was at the Forest game last night - said Orr was the worst defender he'd ever seen, and he's a Leeds fan! So maybe it will be a 7 or 7 a piece game with two young strikers filling their boots?

Seriously though, if we continue to defend as we are doing, December is going to get off to a very good start for you lot!

I wouldn't worry even if he's on fire - we can't defend, at all. We have to score 3 goals just to get a draw these days.

That said a friend of mine was at the Forest game last night - said Orr was the worst defender he'd ever seen, and he's a Leeds fan! So maybe it will be a 7 or 7 a piece game with two young strikers filling their boots?

Seriously though, if we continue to defend as we are doing, December is going to get off to a very good start for you lot!

Well hello there old friend and nemesis, very very impressive scoring record that young Austin has. I have to agree with the Leeds fan too, how he gets near the team is beyond me.

Well hello there old friend and nemesis, very very impressive scoring record that young Austin has. I have to agree with the Leeds fan too, how he gets near the team is beyond me.

Alright Blue - he bagged another on Saturday as well - only this time 3 goals wasn't even enough to get us a draw - after being 2-0 UP!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived