BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

• Backroom

Surely that's the end for Jewell. No win in 11, bottom of the league now. Questioned his own ability to lead the team publicly at the weekend and the skipper's been in the papers saying some players aren't playing for him. I was told that Jewell needed to win tonight to remain in the job... a draw wasn't enough so I'd say a defeat must seal his fate. I looked for odds on Jewell to be sacked earlier but couldn't find any. Irritating.

If he does go I just pray wee Stevie doesn't come here. It'd drive me to insanity.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good results for us at the moment. Quite a few draws.

Considering how we have been playing since day 1 , as it stands only 8 points behind top and 10 points above bottom and a long way to go. Still plenty of time for a manager to turn it round for at least the play offs

• Backroom

Jewell's gone.

What's the betting Ipswich get a manager before we do?

Edit: Rovers-esque stuff down at Portman Road. Jewell told everyone he was resigning, left the ground, got a call from the chief exec who convinced him to come back... forty-five minutes later the assistant manager comes out and says Jewell isn't taking his press conference because he's 'watching a DVD' :lol: almost as mad here as it is at Ewood.

I've said frequently this Div is dog eat dog as it should be... and indeed as I rem the old 1st Div was before the inexorable rise of the super clubs who were allowed to set all the rules to suit themselves. A far superior spectator experience to the Premier League who are so far up their own arses to heed the message. Just a shame the financial rewards are so far apart.

You might get lucky. Conditions have to be right for people to bid. And the conditions might not be right for the highest bidders to make their move this January, meaning you might wait until the Summer.

I've said frequently this Div is dog eat dog as it should be... and indeed as I rem the old 1st Div was before the inexorable rise of the super clubs who were allowed to set all the rules to suit themselves. A far superior spectator experience to the Premier League who are so far up their own arses to heed the message. Just a shame the financial rewards are so far apart.

This league is woeful.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day cobbers, new manager and two clean sheets for us - hard to believe. Now I know one or even 2 swallows do not a summer make but its a decent start - and puts us just a point behind you :-)

And another goal for the brickie, top scorer in Europe is the lad, will be sorry to see him go.

Hows the berg working out, any signs of early improvement?

Good day cobbers, new manager and two clean sheets for us - hard to believe. Now I know one or even 2 swallows do not a summer make but its a decent start - and puts us just a point behind you :-)

And another goal for the brickie, top scorer in Europe is the lad, will be sorry to see him go.

Hows the berg working out, any signs of early improvement?

Hello longsiders is back, Burnley must be having their good spell early this year.

Its certainly a weird league to be in! Anyone can beat anyone, thankfully I feel this bodes well for us as it will mean we can keep in the hunt for automatic promotion and I think we get a place in the play offs! then it will be off to Wembley!!

Give over Tyrone, I come on when there's something going on, such as both of us having appointed new managers.

As for dog eat dog, I was surprised at just how close we have got to the top 6 after our comical defensive displays. Unfortunately we are only a couple of bad results away from looking over our shoulder at the bottom 3, though I do have more confidence about surviving for another season now.

• Backroom

We have something of a habit of helping teams out who are in a bad run so they have every chance

Hopefully. Ipswich are exceptionally bad though, their defence is an absolute joke. I work with a number of season ticket holders and even with Mick in charge they're resigned to League One football next season. I personally think McCarthy can pull them out of it but he'll need some backing in January.

If their defence is that bad then we certainly have the striker to test them though our defence hasn't been what you might call solid, we've only conceded 2 less than Ipswich!

I'd have to be disappointed not to be looking at 3 points but this is football, disappointment is it's staple food.

Archived