BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers in trouble with Umbro?

Because Hughsey stated Venkys (OR THE OWNERS WHOEVER THEY MAY BE) wont leave until they were ready, I simply illustrated they may have no choice, hence the post!

Where is the post about fa asking for list of rovers directors?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the post about fa asking for list of rovers directors?

This was around three or four days ago, cant remember the poster, but I commented then, look at my posts and it should come up, think it was the Shebby thread or 'What is the situation now!!

There is nochance this isn't true. Absolutely no chance. Everybody get your hopes really really high about itspelling the end of the lot of them and let it raise your anger levels as high as possible. That's the only way to take spurious Twitter posts.

The spurious twitter post has been made by a far more serious and well-placed individual than you are.

snapback.pngbraddock, on 19 August 2012 - 19:23 PM, said:

There is nochance this isn't true. Absolutely no chance. Everybody get your hopes really really high about itspelling the end of the lot of them and let it raise your anger levels as high as possible. That's the only way to take spurious Twitter posts.

The spurious twitter post has been made by a far more serious and well-placed individual than you are.

That would not take a lot though Philipl

• 3 weeks later...

Trouble Brewing at Rovers. Umbro to issue a writ on BRFC regarding kit bootlegging in India. Person responsible is related to Kean!

Wonder if this as anything to do with it.

http://www.footballs...hirt&currency=3

This would not be a surprise given, IMO, the dysfunctional management now at Ewood and a serious lack of commercial nous.

If true, and with Big Sam also reportedly having served a writ on BRFC, legal fees and settlerments could figure very largely in accounts for 2012/13.

I think the fact that the only English teams available are Utd, Lpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Newcastle, Villa & Everton along with us says a lot!

Not the whole of the Prem?, No-one else from the Championship?, all the others with 40k plus home gates? I'll let you all draw your own conclusions.

i was waiting for transfer window to close before buying the new kit. Was going to buy the home shirt and the third shirt, but the third shirt was out of stock in medium and large size. so i sent a mail asking when they will get new sizes in stock. this was the answer i got:

Hello,

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

Unfortunately we have now received all of our allocated and will not be re-stocking any sizes that have sold out. Other sports retailers such as JJB have been known to sell Blackburn Rovers kits. It may be possible to purchase from one of the other leading sports retailers.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Mail Order Dept

so they are not going to restock any shirts this season. i can't believe it. maybe it has something to do with the alleged trouble with umbro?

Interesting that it was the club that pulled the yellow/black kit for an 'off the shelf' kit from umbro.

I've been told it is because the club screwed up (surprise, surprise). They didn't realise until late on that having a blue/white home kit and a blue away kit that they would need a viable third kit. It only dawned on them late on that games against likes of Ipswich and Birmingham we would need a third kit. So it was to late to get a properly designed third kit because of the lengthy process so we had to go for an "off the shelve" option.

I've been told it is because the club screwed up (surprise, surprise). They didn't realise until late on that having a blue/white home kit and a blue away kit that they would need a viable third kit. It only dawned on them late on that games against likes of Ipswich and Birmingham we would need a third kit. So it was to late to get a properly designed third kit because of the lengthy process so we had to go for an "off the shelve" option.

Now I know Rovers can be stupid at times, but bloody hell!!

Who'd have thought that a BLUE/white home shirt and a BLUE away kit might be a clash?! :wstu:

Now I know Rovers can be stupid at times, but bloody hell!!

Who'd have thought that a BLUE/white home shirt and a BLUE away kit might be a clash?! :wstu:

Maybe they hadn't thought of it because it's not one of the things that features on footy manager, so they didn't realise they had to do it. This thory is on the basis that someone somewhere is running the club as true life version footy manager, of course.

It might be worthy of note that when you go one up in footy manager you set tactics to sit deep, defend and counter attack as you then tend to catch the opposition on the break. Sound familiar? (the tactics, not the catching people on the break)

Does this not perfectly highlight the sheer stupidity of people running the Ewood Circus right now...It's almost beyond belief!

What I find unbelievable (although probably more believable than I would've 2 years ago) is the fact that having realised their cock up, not satisfied with having to have an off-the-shelf job,someone actually thought that the best way round it was to have a white 3rd kit!?!?, does this still not cause us problems for Sheff Wed & Huddersfield? (& Pray we don't get QPR away in the cup)

It's not like they couldn't have another colour, like maybe red or yellow! (sarcastic tone).

Archived