BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hardly unusual for that to happen, though. As we well know the games against United aren't the ones that keep you up over a season, victory or defeat. It's the results against those around you that have more of a bearing on things. United have been doing what they did today (allowing the opponents to have a few chances whilst pulling late goals out the bag) for years.

• Backroom

Considering Southampton lost their first two matches I'm not sure throwing away a win against one of the poorest Man United teams I've seen in some time is something they can afford to do. I guess we'll see come the end of the season - I don't expect them to survive based on their start, though.

As a side point it is quite nice watching games and not minding if an underdog causes an upset as it affects us in the bottom half of the table. There's nobody in the lower half I despise with Burnley, Bolton and Birmingham being relegated in recent years, so I really don't mind all too much who survives. Wouldn't mind Wigan stopping up but not overly fussed.

Southampton played both Manchester City and Manchester United in their first 3 games.

A bit early to think they will get relegated because they lost to these two.

As for Liverpool, they're in the relegation zone. I wonder if they'll stay there permanently. Be a great shock if they really get relegated this season - I'll be laughing my head off. I doubt it though.

• Backroom

Philip Jones out for another 8 weeks with more knee trouble

I said when we sold him we may have got a good price as his knee seemed like a time bomb, that may still be the case and I think we got more money last season than we ever would have done

Shame we didn't replace him so the money was useless

Philip Jones out for another 8 weeks with more knee trouble

I said when we sold him we may have got a good price as his knee seemed like a time bomb, that may still be the case and I think we got more money last season than we ever would have done

Shame we didn't replace him so the money was useless

Now kean can call him the next Jonathan woodgate

• Backroom

It'll be interesting to see where Jones goes from here. His United career to date has been fairly disappointing and the injuries continue to stack up for him... he's got a fair amount to overcome. Let's see if his mental strength is up to the task.

• Backroom

United fans seemed to take to him at first but were a lot more wary of him towards the end of the season, the Newcastle own goal was probably a turning point in the fickle world of football

United fans seemed to take to him at first but were a lot more wary of him towards the end of the season, the Newcastle own goal was probably a turning point in the fickle world of football

Indeed. I've seen a lot of comments comparing him adversely to Johnny Evans rather than positively to Duncan Edwards

Archived