BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Guardian article on Kean - unbelievable!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.guardian....wich-steve-kean

How do Kean & Venkys get this sort of thing circulated? Do they pay for it?

Now Kean is likened to Churchill FFS.

Maybe the reality is that the UK Press is cow dung.

"As a first-time manager he has come up short, which is no excuse for the level of abuse directed at him by fans. What some have condemned as arrogance others would commend as brave dignity in the face of deplorable behaviour."

"Venky's have come under similar fire, a secondary target to Kean, being more remote. Without them Rovers' fans might have been looking at another Portsmouth or Rangers. Such is gratitude."

"Contrary to terrace chants, Venky's do know what they are doing and will go on doing it."

"Those fans should be flattered that Venky's embrace Blackburn in a portfolio that includes the famous old Bombay Cricket Club and Sachin Tendulkar. Verbal terrorism will get them nowhere."

"Though Venky's put Rovers on a stable financial footing and set up their challenge for a return to the Premier League, they have made a rod for their own back by poor communications."

Speechless at this garbage.

Maybe the reality is that the UK Press is cow dung chicken crap. (Edited for the sake of accuracy)

My goodness Jeremy Alexander is a name to remember as a sub-second rater.

Now we are outside the Prem, we really will get the dregs writing reports on us.

I'm a Guardian reader, but this is the worst article on the Rovers for a long time.

For some reason I can't post on the site, but would encourage others to do so. I would also that BRAG contact him to put the fans' side of things.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/aug/19/blackburn-ipswich-steve-kean?commentpage=last#end-of-comments

Venky's have come under similar fire, a secondary target to Kean, being more remote. Without them Rovers' fans might have been looking at another Portsmouth or Rangers. Such is gratitude.

What a load of utter bol***ks! If we don't get promoted we have more chance of going that way than when we had the walker trust. Don't see them writing that s*** about everton who are in massive debt!

Maybe the reality is that the UK Press is cow dung chicken crap. (Edited for the sake of accuracy)

I only got to the end of the second paragraph. Didn't deserve any further reading.

Who exactly do they think is reading column inches about Rovers? Er... Rovers fans?

This idiot makes it up as he goes along. See his article praising Martin Allen for "saving" Barnet from relegation, then read how he's lambasted by fans for nearly crippling Cheltenham Town. Lazy journalism of the worst kind. But what do you expect from the Grauniad Bogsheet?

The Guardian piece is absolutely incredible. I would encourage everyone who reads it to respond. It doesn't deserve to go unanswered.

I'll store my response here so I can access it again, and re-post, when the Guardian deletes it, as it has done with quite a few others.

An absolutely outrageous article, designed purely to antagonise a fanbase which has been put through hell since the Indian morons arrived at Ewood Park. You'd struggle to find something as unpleasant as this in the Mirror or The Sun. The grammar would be more basic but the sentiments are exactly the same.

One could dissect each laughable statement piece by piece but the rather simple fact remains that Kean is the worst manager the club has ever had. By quite some distance. In his first season in charge he almost led the team to relegation. In his second season he accomplished the task. Not once has he expressed any semblance of sympathy or remorse for this occurrence to the supporters, the majority of which he'll maintain are behind him after all.

If these Venky's charlatans did know what they were doing - as Mr Alexander so glowingly suggests - (note to writer: they really don't know what they're doing) they would have seen this no-mark out of the door months ago. Then they would have cut their own losses.

That the worth of Kean's existence as a football manager is still subject to some sort of debate tells you all you need to know about the people engaged to write this garbage. The only thing which this particular article properly highlights is the fact that Mr Alexander - like Kean and his puppet-masters - has only the most fleeting of relationships with reality.

It's strange that Blackburn Rovers - never beloved by the media and now, rightly, an average Championship outfit - are still worthy of prolonged comment in a national newspaper. Kean's enablers in the press are still at their work it seems. The considered article in containing critical analysis of the mess created at Ewood by all those involved will just have to wait it seems.

The fans want him gone because he is a willing symptom of a sickness that has gripped a once great club. He is neck-deep in the chaos and far from the mere innocent employee many seem determined to cast him as. His removal is only the first necessary step. The other fools who people the club at management and boardroom level will be the next ones required to depart. Good luck convincing genuine Rovers fans to apologise for that while the costs of Ewood Park's imported idiocy stare us in the face.

I'm a Guardian reader, but this is the worst article on the Rovers for a long time.

For some reason I can't post on the site, but would encourage others to do so. I would also that BRAG contact him to put the fans' side of things.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/aug/19/blackburn-ipswich-steve-kean?commentpage=last#end-of-comments

Paul, your post WAS showing. I saw it. They've now deleted it. Totally outrageous.

I finally worked out the ignore function and now I have a little message saying that Braddock's post has been hidden from my sight. Heaven.

Archived