BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mark Bunn

pick32

Agreed fife. The only worry is that we didn't see Bunn for an extended run. Difficult to judge how he'd get on over a full season however he did look more agile than robbo who still has an uncanny knack of being beaten from long range.

Its not writing him off in that perspective but the fact is he only have 1 year left of his contract, we don't know if he wants to sign a new one and we don't know how long he wants to keep playing, plus he did not have a great season last year (but apart from yakubu and Hanley who really did?)

So in a worst case scenario we can let a good keeper in bunn leave now and if robbo leaves next summer we only have jake kean left. If we by some miracle actually win promotion this season some first team exp and confidence for bunn will be valuable

How do you know it wasn't sorted out earlier - what has been said that made anyone think that Robbo wouldn't be no 1 ?

Sorry what I meant was I thought Bunn's future would have been sorted out earlier. With Robbo not leaving and on big money he was always going to be No 1. It seemed obvious last year Bunn wanted to be a number one somewhere so I would have thought he would have pushed for a move earlier or the club would have cashed in on someone who gave some good Prem performances last year.

I like Robbo as a person, but as a goalkeeper I'm struggling to think why any Rovers fan could rave about his ability. He is very average and for me, a poor shot-stopper. Freidel covered up many of our mistakes in the past, but that man was absolutely superhuman. The thought of Freidel being out injured used to fill me with dread, the thought of Robinson injured doesn't concern me in the slightest.

Archived