BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Leicester City Home 12/13

With Kaz out of 3 weeks I'm hooping we see Goodwillie tomorrow play striker. You never know this might just be his level. He never impressed me one bit last season but to be fair it was hard for the boy to ever look as good as the Yak did. Worth a try hopefully, I just hope Kean doesn't start Gomes as he was much more of an impact of the bench.

My biggest fear is Kean will try and do a spain and play a 4-6-0

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you actually believe they'll sack him after three defeats though Mercer?

I wouldn't believe anything they say, wee baldie's here for the long run...

I actually think that it will be a huge financial disaster if Rovers don't go up.

Some huge and, in my opinion, ridiculous financial commitments have been made with the likes of Murphy, Best, Gomes & Etuhu.

Last published accounts for Rovers saw a reported loss of about 20 million pounds with heavy caveats from the auditors - I believe that will be the minimum loss for 2012/13.

Therefore, if we don't go up, we could be staring into the abyss and I think this will hasten action against Kean should we struggle early doors.

I don't rate Goodwillie, but as he's the only fit out and out striker currently at the Club I think he should be starting regardless of the injury to Kazim Richards.

Elsewhere I would certainly be starting Rochina behind the main striker and if he were fit Vukcevic would seem the obvious choice to add width on the right in CKR's absence.

On the other side of the pitch we should stop putting square pegs in round holes and play Martin or Marcus Olsson left hand side of midfield and play a natural left back at left back. Adam Henley or possibly Ribeiro.

I think a line up like that would give us way more attacking impetus than we had on Wednesday night.

No point applying logic these days Rev.

Just had a quick browse through some Leicester forums....they don't sound too confident on the whole, most would take a point....some are wary about the strength of our squad, valid as probably all teams in the C'ship would swap ours for theirs....they're saying the same problems for them as last season still remain, weak in defensive midfield and at centre back, "no pace and composure to settle the team down and set the tempo for the game",

They say Beckford is too inconsistent, but it sounds like they have a few decent players.

"Even though their manager is Steve Kean and the club is a farce at the mo, they do still have some of the best players in this division, and I still think this is one of the toughest fixtures we'll get this season."

"After listening to the Blackburn v Hull game, I am a lot more confident that we can go there and win. 2 - 1 to Leicester"

"Rochina is back for Blackburn really good player imo...can't help but think we are going to get spanked! 3-0 Blackburn"

"Most of their first choice strikers are unfit and most of ours available , so i think it looks like a 0-0 "

"3-0 Blackburn, teams in dire straits always find form against us! Plus I can see us getting completely dominated in midfield!"

"As incompetent as I and many others think Steve Kean is as a manager, this is still one of the toughest fixtures we'll get this season, and I'd be happy with a draw."

"I think we'll get hammered off the park personally. Hope I'm wrong. "

"Whatever your beliefs on the competency of Steve Kean, Blackburn possess probably the strongest first team 11 in the championship. This will be a very stern test."

"Probably just expecting a draw from this, they might have a clown in charge, but Blackburn are still a decent side. I'll be surprised if we come out with a win, going for a 1-1"

"In my view the fans pay the money and the owners have treated them appallingly they have every right to boo. It's easy to point the finger when it's not happening to you.

As for Blackburn, they have better players than us and have a point to prove. We can beat them but it's going to need a strong away performance and at the very least a decent first half for a change"

A score prediction thread had 1-1 and 3-0 to us as the two most common scores......some say they want to play Gallagher, one said save him for the game against Burnley as he normally plays well against them.........apparently a couple of their CB's are injured, meaning this youngster will be played who they are wary of playing as they think we will use his inexperience against him.....some are amazed that we are more pessimistic as a fanbase than them (some have been reading our forums) so maybe they are downplaying their chances a bit

I actually think that it will be a huge financial disaster if Rovers don't go up.

Some huge and, in my opinion, ridiculous financial commitments have been made with the likes of Murphy, Best, Gomes & Etuhu.

Last published accounts for Rovers saw a reported loss of about 20 million pounds with heavy caveats from the auditors - I believe that will be the minimum loss for 2012/13.

Therefore, if we don't go up, we could be staring into the abyss and I think this will hasten action against Kean should we struggle early doors.

Interesting you say this as one of the questions I asked Shaw and Agnew was the following

"Hand on heart can you honestly say Venkys are not gambling the clubs future with the erractic spending on Premiership wages for players like Murphy for example, and should we fail to go up, where will that leave us"

Answer,

We honestly do not know, but if we do not go up this season then we are royally screwed!!!!

Looking forward to this game, brings back the memories of Wembley, and Speedie V Rooster, I think leicester are very hit and miss, and over the last 18 months have spent some dough, but are not the power house in this division for it. Apart from the guy who picks the team (Yep the only reason we shouldnt win) I can see no reason why Rovers man to man cant beat leicester at home

• Backroom

Murphy and Etuhu should run the midfield but we just didn't create enough in midweek and without Richards we are really lacking a striker

Fine margins this one

Interesting you say this as one of the questions I asked Shaw and Agnew was the following

"Hand on heart can you honestly say Venkys are not gambling the clubs future with the erractic spending on Premiership wages for players like Murphy for example, and should we fail to go up, where will that leave us"

Answer,

We honestly do not know, but if we do not go up this season then we are royally screwed!!!!

Looking forward to this game, brings back the memories of Wembley, and Speedie V Rooster, I think leicester are very hit and miss, and over the last 18 months have spent some dough, but are not the power house in this division for it. Apart from the guy who picks the team (Yep the only reason we shouldnt win) I can see no reason why Rovers man to man cant beat leicester at home

Do you actually get to sit in the same room as Agnew Glen? If so can you tell me how you’ve managed to not smack him right in the nose thus far? I know that would be counter productive but hey ho!

As for man vrs man I think far too many people on the site believe our players are better than they really are, we have a squad full of rubbish quite frankly, with the odd decent player and several youngsters brought in for peanuts that will never make it at this level.

Answer,

The answer you say that Agnew & Shaw provided is a contradiction in terms in that they honestly don't know but then state the club is royally screwed. Rather think they do know and the 'screwed' bit is correct as I would be staggered if two of Rovers' more senior managers don't know the financial state of play (what the feck do they do in their roles and at board meetings !?!?).

Pearson is a very capable manager and for this reason, I think Leicester will run out winners as they will be far better organised and motivated.

As for man vrs man I think far too many people on the site believe our players are better than they really are, we have a squad full of rubbish quite frankly, with the odd decent player and several youngsters brought in for peanuts that will never make it at this level.

This is very, very true.

Do you actually get to sit in the same room as Agnew Glen? If so can you tell me how you’ve managed to not smack him right in the nose thus far? I know that would be counter productive but hey ho!

I always remain calm , shouting and balling uses far too much energy.

I ask direct questions and follow then up with a question to the response .

In fairness to Paul and derek , they both gave an hour and half of their time and are keen to keep the communication channel open . It was a initial meeting , and both seemed keen to try and repair some bridges , only time will tell, but it was some progress

The answer you say that Agnew & Shaw provided is a contradiction in terms in that they honestly don't know but then state the club is royally screwed. Rather think they do know and the 'screwed' bit is correct as I would be staggered if two of Rovers' more senior managers don't know the financial state of play (what the feck do they do in their roles and at board meetings !?!?).

Pearson is a very capable manager and for this reason, I think Leicester will run out winners as they will be far better organised and motivated.

This is very, very true.

Derek stated everything they have asked for financially do far has been granted , but both were keen to point out the financials are not part of their remit , and that's Karen's department

Derek stated everything they have asked for financially do far has been granted , but both were keen to point out the financials are not part of their remit , and that's Karen's department

Senior management does not work like that.

The Board should have collective responsibility for all things BRFC.

You are not telling me that Karen Silk does not share budgets, forecasts, actuals at Board Meetings !!! If she doesn't, who the feck signs them off and you need to bear in mind the role of directors in considering your answer !!!

Senior management does not work like that.

The Board should have collective responsibility for all things BRFC.

You are not telling me that Karen Silk does not share budgets, forecasts, actuals at Board Meetings !!! If she doesn't, who the feck signs them off and you need to bear in mind the role of directors in considering your answer !!!

This is rovers lol , where board meetings are infrequent and where to date Simon hunt and vineeth are still listed as directors whilst the new guys are not .

The board are like the old board , they don't make decisions everything must go through India

I think Glen was reporting the answer, not expressing his opinion.

Quite correct

After selling Jones Samba and Kalinic for a collective £35m and trimming the wages bill right down on top of a full season of premier league money.

A loss of £1 would be a disaster...

After selling Jones Samba and Kalinic for a collective £35m and trimming the wages bill right down on top of a full season of premier league money.

A loss of £1 would be a disaster...

Impact of these sales will be shown in 2011/12 accounts and not the 2012/13 that I am referring to. Will also depend upon what happened to the money ! Glad at least one supporter is relaxed about our finances !

Quite right Gav. That's the bottom line as to the reason we're where we are. The quality has all been sold, and a lot of the time with the blessing of our own fans.

I think you are correct about your squad full of rubbish quote but in the past we have had squads which could also have been called rubbish. In the past though we have had managers who could organise the rubbish to grind out results and make them a strong,organised unit. This imbecile can do nothing like that.

Archived