BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Podcast Special: Shebby Singh Interview

Very disappointing.

Shebby rambled on and on, and Kamy let him, revealing next to nothing, also sidestepping any half interesting question.

Kamy should have got in his ribs good and proper.

After listening to that, convinced Shebby will not move the club forward.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. He fits right in. He reports to 3 bosses, not four. There goes the "split vote" theory up in smoke.

Perhaps Mr Desai knows his place and just goes along with whatever his missus says?

I'll get back under the stairs again now, shall I?

Applaud Kamy for his work. Thought the questions asked were good ones and unique to ones asked at other meetings with Shebby, however Shebby has managed to dodge the main issues entirely.

Post-Kean-and-MGP-controversy, he's thought twice about what he's saying. Pre-controversy, this could have been a can of worms opened.

Just listened to it. I should point out that after the event at King Georges Hall I came away happy about Shebby and although some of the things said about Pedersen shouldn't have been said, on the whole I was quietly confident he knows what needs doing and is able/prepared to do it.

I think that it's clear since the event, he's had a massive bollocking and now knows he needs to reign himself in and not be so open. This for me showed in the podcast, he seemed quite defensive on certain things - that may be he's tired of being asked the same questions but he also didn't seem to be as assertive as he was just a week or so ago - ie the decision making question.

I am now doubting his power. Maybe he's trying to take the heat off himself I don't know. The only glimmer was at the end when he asked fans to 'be patient whilst we sort out those issues' Hopefully he is referring to a few games time when Kean fails to meet the rumoured points target and is removed. We shall see...

Look into the eyes,

Look into the eyes,

not around the eyes,

look into the eyes.

Reminds me of an ex girlfriend of mine, when asked a pertinent question would ramble on endlessly untill the original point was lost.

Would really only believe any answers where the answer was given immediately, and without massive digression, e.g. budget for under 21 set up.

Maybe would have helped if Kamy had followed up a few questions and not just stuck to the script?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Podcast has now been published to the front page here. Excellent work by Kamy in doing the interview and by Josh in providing the technical expertise to record it.

ive just lost quite a bit of faith in shebby now from that, sadly it does seem to me now that he is just a mouth piece and basically just doing the pr work that was agnews job(until his promotion).Shame.shame.shame.

Same here mate.

He blatantly dodged the is Jerome Anderson still involved in the club question.

Look into the eyes,

Look into the eyes,

not around the eyes,

look into the eyes.

Reminds me of an ex girlfriend of mine, when asked a pertinent question would ramble on endlessly untill the original point was lost.

Would really only believe any answers where the answer was given immediately, and without massive digression, e.g. budget for under 21 set up.

Maybe would have helped if Kamy had followed up a few questions and not just stuck to the script?

It was very difficult as we were working to a very strict time limit due to the interview starting later than anticipated, I wanted to try and get through all the questions that I had, that left very little time for followup's/more probing on certain issues. We have been promised a longer interview next month.

It was very difficult as we were working to a very strict time limit due to the interview starting later than anticipated, I wanted to try and get through all the questions that I had, that left very little time for followup's/more probing on certain issues. We have been promised a longer interview next month.

Maybe you should therefore have just stuck to the 'meaty' stuff and ensured you got the answers we all want rather than asking a load of 'fluffy' stuff.

Just listened to it - first thing to say is well done Kamy on getting the interview.

Observations:

- shebby slurps his tea lots

- shebby is a spokesman for family

- the venkys are the new football trinity - he says that thy are 3 but 1 voice!

- kean has a target, but it's a secret!

- you can go to Malaysia and see who owns rovers (kidding... Not sure on his point - if he was not talking in riddles then why not say pay a quid to companies house and look at venkys London limited for registered directors?)

- they really want category 1 for academy and will invest £5m. Good bit of investment.

He didn't come across as having any power to sack kean any more than hunt did.

In my opinion - I expect kean to stay and shebby to go around oct/ November time

Appreciate that Kamy, wasn't trying to run you down, really appreciated the effort.

Don't worry about it Kamy. You guys involved in the podcasts do a grand job. If you went all Paxman on him he wouldn't entertain doing it again. It was an interesting listen even if it only managed to portray Shebby as a rambling man out of his depth. I don't think he helped himself as he clearly wasn't listening to your questions. Too busy slurping on his brew!

Interesting that the 3 questions he doesn't answer are:

- Does Kean own a stake in the club

- Is Anderson still involved

- How are the transfers etc being financed

- Who is on the Board

I'm not taking him seriously until he backs up talk with actions - not seen anything yet from him

He has obviously been asked to reign it in a little - but to be honest his previous remarks about Kean and MGP (no matter the validity) were ill-advised.

As always we will only know with time - I am not going to dismiss him as so many now appear to be doing - but will wait with interest to see how things now unfold.

Lets also give him some credit for actually talking to the fans - something that has been sadly lacking since the take over.

Archived