BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Podcast Special: Shebby Singh Interview

he answered as i expected him to. I never believed he had any real power in major decisions, but the big power he has i think is that the owners will listen to his opinions.

the million dollar question will be: will they listen to shebby or kean? i think they wil listen to shebby because fool me once shame on you. fool me twice shame on me.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another interview next month while kean is still here, gives him more breathing space to do nothing and let coco carry on destroying our club

Mr Steve has targets, of course, Sir Alex has targets. We're fifteen points off where we want to be right now but Steve has assured me we're due a turn of luck. We'll keep battling away, it's promotion or die trying remember. Let's see where we are at Christmas.

Read the above if you want a sneak preview at Shebby's thoughts on Kean in one months time.

Maybe you should therefore have just stuck to the 'meaty' stuff and ensured you got the answers we all want rather than asking a load of 'fluffy' stuff.

It's not that simple. If you have ever been in such a situation then you would be able to understand that you simply cannot go into an interview with BANG, BANG, BANG questions. All that will happen is that you will not get any answers at all, you have got to get the balance right. Yes I could have been tougher with some questions but I took the decision that I wanted to cover as many areas as possible, maybe next time I will focus on very specific areas.

As it is I think that we did get lots of good information about how he came to work at Rovers, confirmation of how the family works, confirmation that he reports directly to Balaji rather than Mrs D, confirmation on the Rhodes Bid, clarification that his remit does not include finance side of the club and for me the biggest thing that there is going to be £5 million investment in the youth facilities.

I don't why but you have become a very cyncial member over the last few months, I don't know why.

he answered as i expected him to. I never believed he had any real power in major decisions, but the big power he has i think is that the owners will listen to his opinions.

the million dollar question will be: will they listen to shebby or kean? i think they wil listen to shebby because fool me once shame on you. fool me twice shame on me.

That's how I feel and I think it's the best we can hope for on the managerial front.

So at KGH he had the power to sack Kean, and definitely would if he lost 3 games. Something he confirmed more than once. Tonight, that's the owners decision, but they have given Kean a target (not disclosed).

That tells you all you need to know. He's here to appease the fans, whilst they carry on regardless.

Get them both out of our club.

Unless I've missed something, in the section of from 22:30 onwards, does Shebby not effectively say the owners will decide on Kean's position - which seems to contradict his previous comments???

Global Advisor position is pretty much global now???!!!

Appreciate the effort Kamy but I had to stop at 12 mins....I just can't listen to him waffle on.

I'm afraid that I really have lost the majority of my passion for the club between the Manager, the owners and now this mumbling "politician". The way the media portray the fans, and the general feel about the club, what is there left?

I'm hanging on in there hoping for something positive but I just can't see it happen. And did Kean _really_ say we'd get 90 points this year? Speechless....

He has obviously been asked to reign it in a little - but to be honest his previous remarks about Kean and MGP (no matter the validity) were ill-advised.

As always we will only know with time - I am not going to dismiss him as so many now appear to be doing - but will wait with interest to see how things now unfold.

Lets also give him some credit for actually talking to the fans - something that has been sadly lacking since the take over.

But Maily, you should know, as we all should know after 20 months, that talk is cheap.

It's blindingly obvious what they should do.

The one common thing that stands out for me in the KGH 'meet the fans' and this podcast is that Kean's job is on the line if we look like not getting promoted.

Maybe a bit of light at the end of the tunnel?

I think you asked some good questions Kamy - plenty of scope to follow up on his responses in a month when we're bottom half in the league.

I do think you should have stepped in when he started moaning about every manager having targets, to say that why is Kean still here if he had targets in the premier league.

Sounds like we don't want to spend any more on Rhodes too. When Hoillet's tribunal is sorted and Ollson goes the owners might see another profit in this transfer window.

Sounds like we don't want to spend any more on Rhodes too. When Hoillet's tribunal is sorted and Ollson goes the owners might see another profit in this transfer window.

If you include the money raised from selling Samba outside the Jan window, Venkys are still well in pocket already.

Very disappointing.

Shebby rambled on and on, and Kamy let him, revealing next to nothing, also sidestepping any half interesting question.

Kamy should have got in his ribs good and proper.

After listening to that, convinced Shebby will not move the club forward.

Pretty much my thoughts after listening to that, soul destroying for anyone that thought Shebby could really influence the one big decision that is needed for the club going forward.

To be fair I doubt Kamy would have got another interview if he had put the punches in at the right journalistic moments. I don't think that I could have resisted to point out the irony after listening to him tell us how refreshing and honest Petrovic had been to tell them he wasn't up to the job. Maybe the Kean stuff has been done to death but still after all of these interviews and meetings, still no defence or even an explanation of why the manager is in position. Finally I'm sick to death of people associated with the club being allowed to say that the fans happiness is dictated by wins, it is clearly not I and many other fans would take relegation if it meant the end of his poisonous tenure as manager. This is probably why I am not and never will be a journalist.

I don't why but you have become a very cyncial member over the last few months, I don't know why.

Sorry Kamy? No offence or anything but it's probably the 20 months of bullshit that has come out of the club. He is a misery but I don't recall him being this miserable before Venkys destroyed the club.

It's not that simple. If you have ever been in such a situation then you would be able to understand that you simply cannot go into an interview with BANG, BANG, BANG questions. All that will happen is that you will not get any answers at all, you have got to get the balance right. Yes I could have been tougher with some questions but I took the decision that I wanted to cover as many areas as possible, maybe next time I will focus on very specific areas.

As it is I think that we did get lots of good information about how he came to work at Rovers, confirmation of how the family works, confirmation that he reports directly to Balaji rather than Mrs D, confirmation on the Rhodes Bid, clarification that his remit does not include finance side of the club and for me the biggest thing that there is going to be £5 million investment in the youth facilities.

Actually, I do a lot of interviewing in my line of work, for all sorts of purposes. Agree with your approach in part, however, the most important thing is you get what key information you want out of an interview and you do not let the interviewee wriggle away from the question or not answer it ! For example, refer to OJRover's 4 points in the post above, are we any wiser ? I don't think so.

My cynicism has been brought on by, in my eyes, the near destruction of our club. Folk like you should be on the front foot as you have nothing to be sorry about and those in positions of responsibility should be challenged and made accountable for what is going on. It's quite simple, they need us more than we need them - without the fans, there is no club !

He talked a lot of waffle, saying a lot, without saying very much at all. He skirted around issues and didn't answer a lot of questions. It didn't exactly fill me with confidence that he has the power to make changes when Kean screws up again.

So at KGH he had the power to sack Kean, and definitely would if he lost 3 games. Something he confirmed more than once. Tonight, that's the owners decision, but they have given Kean a target (not disclosed).

That tells you all you need to know. He's here to appease the fans, whilst they carry on regardless.

Get them both out of our club.

did he actally say he would sack kean, or did he say that kean would be sacked? i was not present but from what ive caught up he never actually said it was his decision?

after this podcast im even more certain that kean will be sacked. Im just worried they will wait too long and when we dont have any realisticly chance of promotion

I listened to this buffoon for years on ESPN. He didn't polarise opinion as he claims. There was almost universal agreement in Asia that he is a complete prat, who talks ###### practically every time he opens his mouth. The disgusting comments about MGP didn't surprise me, they were typical of the attention seeking nonsense he continually spouts.

He is employed to give interviews like this so SK doesn't have to. He is obviously a complete yes man with no power or influence. He can no more sack SK on his own initiative than I can. I can not understand how anyone has been taken in by his bullshit. Shabby Singh's blue and white army - bloody unbelievable.

Shabby and Kean out.

Actually, I do a lot of interviewing in my line of work, for all sorts of purposes. Agree with your approach in part, however, the most important thing is you get what key information you want out of an interview and you do not let the interviewee wriggle away from the question or not answer it ! For example, refer to OJRover's 4 points in the post above, are we any wiser ? I don't think so.

My cynicism has been brought on by, in my eyes, the near destruction of our club. Folk like you should be on the front foot as you have nothing to be sorry about and those in positions of responsibility should be challenged and made accountable for what is going on. It's quite simple, they need us more than we need them - without the fans, there is no club !

Here's your answer then Kamy. Get Mercerman on the case.

I say we chuck in Shebby, Mercer, his bookie mate, some of his other connections from football clubs nationwide, a few bottles of Merlot and let the fun begin.

did he actally say he would sack kean, or did he say that kean would be sacked? i was not present but from what ive caught up he never actually said it was his decision?

after this podcast im even more certain that kean will be sacked. Im just worried they will wait too long and when we dont have any realisticly chance of promotion

100% yes he confirmed at KGH that he had the authority from the owners to sack Kean.

Here's your answer then Kamy. Get Mercerman on the case.

I say we chuck in Shebby, Mercer, his bookie mate, some of his other connections from football clubs nationwide, a few bottles of Merlot and let the fun begin.

I aint cheap - forget Merlot and throw in some Châteauneuf-du-Pape !!!

Appreciate the interview Kamy. Learned a little more about the chain of command in place at the moment. Seems as if he was reigned in slightly after fan meeting. judging by the Ipswich performance and upcoming fixtures the next interview should be very interesting. Doubt we'll be rid of Kean but it'll be interesting to see what Shebby has to say if we are mid table or lower(which is absolutely possible given the tactical awareness of the bawbag himself)

I think you asked some good questions Kamy - plenty of scope to follow up on his responses in a month when we're bottom half in the league.

I do think you should have stepped in when he started moaning about every manager having targets, to say that why is Kean still here if he had targets in the premier league.

yea cause relegation doesn't cost money. Remove television rights, 10 000 season ticket holders, corporate sponsors and obviously you must understand that some cutbacks are in place.

In may many posters on this board was certain we would not sign a single player this window. we have signed 9 or something now. Yes some are unproven but we have signed 3 with pl experience and we have put in a quite large bid on rhodes.

do you seriously expect them to splash out 8-10 millions on a pretty much unproven player?

Archived