BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Podcast Special: Shebby Singh Interview

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the feedback, both positive and negative. As always I take it all on board.

We will be having another interview with Shebby and will let you all know in advance and you can choose which areas we should focus on.

Even though lots of it is just 'words' at the moment, at least we are getting communication from the club.

My parting words to Shebby yesterday were that he has the opportunity to take Rovers forward, the first step is sacking Kean, if he manages to that then the process of winning back the trust of the fans would have began.

Would have been better to use those words during the interview !!!

Shebby is meant to be on Talksport at 11.30am, nice to see all the media outlets queing trying to get some more Pearlers out of media guru. The media are loving this prolonged humiliation of our club, I refuse to listen to any interviews from this chap as I probably like many others have heard too many words and just want actions now.

Just wait and see if we win a few games his mouth will go into overdrive. Watch him suddenly switch tack into the pro Kean camp.

Yeah, like we'll ever "win a few games" without losing heavy in between with Kean in charge :)

I listened to the podcast this morning. First of all I would like to say well done to all those involved in setting up the interview with Shebby and getting it on the podcast, I’ve listened to every podcast so far and whilst I don't always agree with the comments on them you can't fault the tremendous effort involved.

Some interesting points I thought from the Podcast:

- Shebby still has the overseas brief, academy setup, junior leagues in India, links to Malaysian clubs etc. I think it's clear to everyone that there is a power struggle going on at Ewood between two factions, if Shebby was to lose there is an exit strategy already in place i.e. going back to his previous function for the owners.

- I was surprised to hear that he reports directly to Balaji. Balaji from all reports is the one most concerned about the club and is pushing for change, perhaps he put Shebby there (a man respected by the family by all accounts) to have an 'inside man' telling the family what really is going on at Ewood? If Shebby reports that there needs to be change then Balaji might finally get it? Again this is just mere speculation.

- Looking at it from a different perspective however the chances of real change might be very slim if Shebby doesn't report directly to Mrs D. It seems she has the final say on all matters Rovers.

- Interesting that he backed down once again on him having the power to sack Kean. It was clearly obvious this was the case all along, Shebby made the mistake of getting fans hopes by telling them he could remove Kean if he and the team was underperforming. Kean will go when the owners decide so and no one else.

- No retraction about the comments made about Kean and MGP. I thought this might be the case considering all the pressure put on him in recent weeks. I actually agree with his points on those topics so was glad to see him not back down.

At the end of the day Shebby preaches about change and moving the club forward, I have no doubt he means well and wants to make a difference however there is one major seemingly immovable barrier stopping that and that is Steve Kean. If Shebby is reading this thread and I hope he is then I pray he gets the message that there may be a clean slate between the ownership and the manager but there never will be one between the fans who are the lifeblood of the club and the manager.

I urge Shebby and the owners to sack Kean immediately, carry out a thorough and proper managerial search (there will be plenty of good managers out there who would take up the challenge) and back this new manager. If the manager has a decent pedigree then the fans will get behind him and we can start the baby steps of moving forward as a club.

@22.21

Kamy tells Shebby that "Steve Kean is Hugely Unpopular"-"What will it take for Steve Kean to be sacked?"

Shebby "It is a situation that will not go away, at the end of the day I think it will be the owners, as the bosses of the club who will decide on that. "

END OF INTERVIEW FOR ME!

@22.21

Kamy tells Shebby that "Steve Kean is Hugely Unpopular"-"What will it take for Steve Kean to be sacked?"

Shebby "It is a situation that will not go away, at the end of the day I think it will be the owners, as the bosses of the club who will decide on that. "

END OF INTERVIEW FOR ME!

My thoughts exactly!

Having listened to the podcast, here's what stood out for me.

On the pitch Shebby was "like Roy Kean".

We are "Not in a position to break the bank" for Jordan Rhodes.

Shebby Doesn't or hasnt had ...dealings with madam.

Mgp and Kean sacked after 3 games - "Tongue in cheek".

The owners will decide on Kean.

Shebby and owners have set points targets "in stone" for Kean.

Kean been made aware of "hazards of the job".

Let's be positive. "Too much negativity and darkness. The sun will rise tomorrow."

deflecting questions about Kean being to blame for season tickets.

Players will be leaving. Championship is too quick for Petrovic. Petrovic is honest.

Nzonzi doesn't want to play in championship. Loan most likely.

Olson wants to leave.

Anderson is still lurking in the shadows.

Debt free questions ducked.

Progress. Promotion. Work at building a club??

Message for fans. Forget Squabbles. Get together. Behind the players. 12th man.

Let's work for greater good ?

I really wanted to believe him and have some hope in Shebby (That there would be an end to this nightmare).

If he's there to put pressure on Kean.. then great. but still unconvinced.

IMO... just like all his outbursts are - Shebby is a HUGE Contradiction, .

He's both a "Yes Man" and a "Motor- Mouth!"

:wacko:

Shebby hasn’t even done anything of note yet, however he is already popular with some fans (is this part of the plan?). His intentions to get rid of Kean may be good but if he cannot influence any decision then clearly his role is pretty much redundant.

Still too much lack of detail for me and general waffle, appears to have little information relating to our financial situation too – he is using a lot of clichés and until we see some firm logical actions/decision making then you have to stay very suspicious.

So far, to a certain degree, he has been successful in taking the heat off the owners/manager, still early days mind you.

I wonder if Kamy or Glenn have changed their minds about SS's ability to sack Kean without going to the owners first?

My reading of things is that he doesn't have the direct power to make a decision like that, if he did then he'd have already done it. BUT whereas last season it was Kean who was reporting direct to the owners and was obviously not telling them exactly what was happening, Shebby has managed to change that situation. It is he who is now reporting to the owners and is telling them exactly what is happening, which then should lead to Kean getting the sack, I also get the impression that at the 30th May meeting that Kean agreed to some sort of target after 6/7 games in order to preserve his job.

I just can't see Kean ever being able to win games in a consistent basis so we should know within the next month or so how this is going to play. One thing I am certain about is that there is a powerstruggle going on.

Shebby hasn’t even done anything of note yet, however he is already popular with some fans (is this part of the plan?).

Rovers fans at Ipswich were singing the "ei ei ei oh" song with "Shebby is our King!"

Mostly ironic, but Shebby's head wouldve been inflated.

Kean wouldnt have heard it.. I swear he's got ear plugs in!

Rovers fans at Ipswich were singing the "ei ei ei oh" song with "Shebby is our King!"

Mostly ironic, but Shebby's head wouldve been inflated.

Kean wouldnt have heard it.. I swear he's got ear plugs in!

I was there and was singing Souness is our king like the good old days, whoops.....

My reading of things is that he doesn't have the direct power to make a decision like that, if he did then he'd have already done it. BUT whereas last season it was Kean who was reporting direct to the owners and was obviously not telling them exactly what was happening, Shebby has managed to change that situation. It is he who is now reporting to the owners and is telling them exactly what is happening, which then should lead to Kean getting the sack, I also get the impression that at the 30th May meeting that Kean agreed to some sort of target after 6/7 games in order to preserve his job.

I just can't see Kean ever being able to win games in a consistent basis so we should know within the next month or so how this is going to play. One thing I am certain about is that there is a powerstruggle going on.

In a recent article (can't remember which one!) I'm sure Kean stated he has been in dialogue with Mrs Desai. I get the feeling Kean is still in contact with Mrs Desai and Shebby is reporting to the brothers. Just a guess!

Archived