BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Podcast Special: Shebby Singh Interview

I can't believe that man is involved in a club as big as Rovers. I've heard more professional interviews with staff from Barrow AFC.

He sounds like a total bellend as well.

Edit: Interesting how his language changes when he talks about the Category 1 status for the academy. No flowery waffle, no pseudo-philosophical ######, just straight talking. That either means everything else he has no idea about, or he's not allowed/willing to talk about.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that the 3 questions he doesn't answer are:

- Does Kean own a stake in the club

- Is Anderson still involved

- How are the transfers etc being financed

- Who is on the Board

With attention to detail like that you should apply for a job at Rovers, you'd fit right in!

Guest Rovers4Good

Looks like he's been told off for his comments made about Kean and Pedersen :(

The guy although wears his heart on his sleeve i'm sure that he's not totally honest and again to me it's a matter of pulling the wool over our eyes. :(

My reading of things is that he doesn't have the direct power to make a decision like that, if he did then he'd have already done it. BUT whereas last season it was Kean who was reporting direct to the owners and was obviously not telling them exactly what was happening, Shebby has managed to change that situation. It is he who is now reporting to the owners and is telling them exactly what is happening, which then should lead to Kean getting the sack, I also get the impression that at the 30th May meeting that Kean agreed to some sort of target after 6/7 games in order to preserve his job.

Surely what has gone beforehand should have led to Kean getting the sack? I do not understand how Kean will have pulled the wool over the owners eyes claiming everything is fine at Rovers when we have been relegated from the Premier League. Just because this Shabby joker has turned up and is now telling the Raos 'exactly what is happening' is going to change feck all IMO. Are they really that thick that they have belived Kean telling them everything is rosy for the last twenty months when it is crystal clear to see that it is not?

Shabby has been brought in to take the heat off Kean and the Raos, appease the fans whilst furthering his ambition to make a name for himself in European football. He is a complete and utter clown like the rest of the poison at our club and whilst they are there nothing will change - surely everyone must realise that by now?

I may get shot for this. IF one ignores the Rovers situation re Kean and Venkys many of his answers fit with what one might expect from a senior club official.

However because of our position, and his own statements at the BRAG event I can't help but feel direct questions received evasive answers and he backtracked significantly on his position at Blakey's.

This will take us no further forward. If Rovers suffer a poor start and Kean stays it will answer all the questions for once and for all.

I may get shot for this. IF one ignores the Rovers situation re Kean and Venkys many of his answers fit with what one might expect from a senior club official.

However because of our position, and his own statements at the BRAG event I can't help but feel direct questions received evasive answers and he backtracked significantly on his position at Blakey's.

This will take us no further forward. If Rovers suffer a poor start and Kean stays it will answer all the questions for once and for all.

Yes I agree and so will the FA ;-)

My reading of things is that he doesn't have the direct power to make a decision like that, if he did then he'd have already done it. BUT whereas last season it was Kean who was reporting direct to the owners and was obviously not telling them exactly what was happening, Shebby has managed to change that situation. It is he who is now reporting to the owners and is telling them exactly what is happening, which then should lead to Kean getting the sack, I also get the impression that at the 30th May meeting that Kean agreed to some sort of target after 6/7 games in order to preserve his job.

I just can't see Kean ever being able to win games in a consistent basis so we should know within the next month or so how this is going to play. One thing I am certain about is that there is a powerstruggle going on.

Thanks Kamy.

You've come round to my way of thinking about Shebby - that he doesn't have the power to sack Kean without going back to the owners. I think you believed originally that he did? Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at you , I always take in what you have to say being much closer to the club than I am. So, you have to wonder, if he doesn't have that power, does he have any power at all? Well the only power he can possibly have is to report back to the owners how he sees things. There's nothing else he can do is there? Shebby was far too busy trying to influence fans as he apparently tries to influence his TV audience.

Bottom line is that the owners don't want to change because the whole plan was always to run the club on a model that was planned around agents bringing cheap players in, whom Kean, being the brilliant coach that he is, would turn into megastars. Mrs D and the brothers have great doubts now, but they've brought Shebby in to give them the nod when he thinks there's no alternative. He can't do that yet, because MRS D wants to be absolutely certain that the club can't continue to be run on the cheap. Unfortunately, this delay could be terminal for the clubs ambitions of returning to the PL. She knows what the vast majority of fans want, but she still no doubt has Kean, Agnew, Anderson in her ear. I think she's stuck in the headlights, having noone to turn to apart from Shebby Singh. If Shebby tells her that Kean has to go in a week or three, then IMO, he'll go. What a pathetic set up and it doesn't bode well for the future at all.

The worrying thing is that if Kean has a 6-7 game target he is probably meeting it easily at present. We're unbeaten in the league with 7 points from a possible 9, and that's despite playing some of the worst football I have ever seen. I can see it all come crashing down on Saturday however. I think a manager like Warnock, who I don't like a great deal but can appreciate his skills as a manager, will set his team up to tear us apart.

The worrying thing is that if Kean has a 6-7 game target he is probably meeting it easily at present. We're unbeaten in the league with 7 points from a possible 9, and that's despite playing some of the worst football I have ever seen. I can see it all come crashing down on Saturday however. I think a manager like Warnock, who I don't like a great deal but can appreciate his skills as a manager, will set his team up to tear us apart.

I have given in atm.. for me we spent enough for Kean to maintain a half decent position in the league despite being inept.. I am resigned to him staying and keeping us in the promotion places (at least playoff spots) for most of the season until the point it really matters.

I reckon things will start to get a bit jumpy when the other sides realise just how badly the team is put together/organised (or lack of) and stop worrying about the strength of the squad we have.

Yes sounds like a moan.. but we have a decent core to the side, but a season of awful football and up and down performances looks likely especially as we failed to find a replacement for Samba or at least more backup for cb or a proper left back instead we bought a shed loads of Portugues lads (Have hopes for Diogo and Gomes was always going to be a decent signing even if he cant last a full match and costs a mint).

Just take the last game.. a good right sided midfielder who can cross sits in the stadium while a def midfielder and an attacking midfielder are played ahead of him..... and yet to paraphrase (because I can't be bothered to look it up) what shebby said about why we got relegated "Blackburn played players out of position which didnt work".

Keans a joke and the clubs a joke especially with unprofessional medlers knocking around in charge. And I truely worry for the future of the club beyond this season, we had to get things right in the transfer window and instead we have blown a small fortune (where will that debt go), killed the fan base, have no sponsors and have lost the corporate side of things while adding an unprofessional clown (albeit one who does not like Kean) with no real power to the exec team.

I'd agree with almost all you say there Veevs. Another perspective.

Saturday was close to a perfect example - we had the talented players and Leeds just stood off us for 30 mins. For a change, we performed and so scored a couple. Then Warnock got his side to play a similar style to how we played under Allardyce : physical, pressing, bullying (within the rules), playing for free kicks. And we had no idea how to respond. Now of course there were extenuating circumstances that the starting CBs were injured, but it doesn't hide the fact that all the touchline group couldn't get a response.

It was fitting that it was only a bit of skill rather than graft that got us anything from the game.

Warnock's not a one-off genius - there's no way only he'll see this, so expect similar in the months to come. It'll only change if someone can get some of the players to graft, and I can't see that happening with the current off field 'team'.

Thanks Kamy.

You've come round to my way of thinking about Shebby - that he doesn't have the power to sack Kean without going back to the owners. I think you believed originally that he did? Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at you , I always take in what you have to say being much closer to the club than I am. So, you have to wonder, if he doesn't have that power, does he have any power at all? Well the only power he can possibly have is to report back to the owners how he sees things. There's nothing else he can do is there? Shebby was far too busy trying to influence fans as he apparently tries to influence his TV audience.

Bottom line is that the owners don't want to change because the whole plan was always to run the club on a model that was planned around agents bringing cheap players in, whom Kean, being the brilliant coach that he is, would turn into megastars. Mrs D and the brothers have great doubts now, but they've brought Shebby in to give them the nod when he thinks there's no alternative. He can't do that yet, because MRS D wants to be absolutely certain that the club can't continue to be run on the cheap. Unfortunately, this delay could be terminal for the clubs ambitions of returning to the PL. She knows what the vast majority of fans want, but she still no doubt has Kean, Agnew, Anderson in her ear. I think she's stuck in the headlights, having noone to turn to apart from Shebby Singh. If Shebby tells her that Kean has to go in a week or three, then IMO, he'll go. What a pathetic set up and it doesn't bode well for the future at all.

I wonder whether its my mind playing tricks or has the Shebster has gone quiet?

I am sensing that his massive , stupid, bullsh1tting out burst at King georges has actually done himself in. It seems to have got the squad and manager united at least in a communal(if not playing sense) and the world has seen this tosh pot for what he is -a vacuous oaf .In the meantime its 4 games played and we sit 2nd in the table so his plan of 3 defeats and all that crap is well and truly in tatters and his reputation totally busted.He has backfired spectacularly and if the pub talk is correct Balaji's man has come unstuck

I think the powershift has maybe swung back in Keano's favour for now and this clown is reduced to what we always knew he was-a joke figure who will never influence a thing.

Mrs D and SK still rule supreme at Billy Smart's Stadium.

I am starting to get a bit tired of all this.

Further to Shebbys questions and answer sessions, what are the next steps? Any chance of getting some detailed answers for a start?

There are still too many key questions being swerved - or maybe Kean and Aggers were right, a few good signings/results and everything is rosy in the garden again.

Further to Shebbys questions and answer sessions, what are the next steps? Any chance of getting some detailed answers for a start?

There are still too many key questions being swerved - or maybe Kean and Aggers were right, a few good signings/results and everything is rosy in the garden again.

John

Forget Shebby ever existed.He's another in a long line of imposters. Put the fool out of your mind and you will live longer!!

I think the powershift has maybe swung back in Keano's favour for now and this clown is reduced to what we always knew he was-a joke figure who will never influence a thing.

I think todays comments from Kean disprove this and shows that Shabby is still well and truly involved in the power struggle.

I think todays comments from Kean disprove this and shows that Shabby is still well and truly involved in the power struggle.

Really, you think so?? kean puts himself alongside the signings of Etuhu, Murphy, Rhodes , Kazim & Best and then puts all those Portugese idiots down to Shebby.I think he he giving Shebby a boot in the town halls whilst he is down and struggling.A bit of his own back for Shebbys outburst about him and MGP.

However there is something about this that isn't right. Kean claims Mrs D has backed the Rhodes transfer with big cash which seems to please him judging by his interview today. Then he puts all the Portugese rubbish(apart from Nuno Gomes) down to Shebby who we know now is alongside Balaji.

So clearly we have two parties at work each trying to discredit each other. All very strange but then again it is Venkys!!

Archived