BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A change of tact.

Pedro

I keep reading/hearing supporters saying that we need to carry on where we left off last season in terms of chanting and protesting against Kean during games – but that plan simply didn't work, we went down and he is obviously still here. It isn't an ordinary situation where chanting for the manager to be ousted usually works after a couple of demonstrations, supporters are well and truly wasting their breath and efforts.

I'd urge everyone who is attending to simply get behind the team and for 90mins and as best they can, ignore the man who occupies the manager's parking space. We proved right from the Arsenal game last season up to the Wigan game, that despite kicking up an almighty fuss, we have no effect whatsoever regarding the common sense, decision making process in terms of getting one man out and a decent manager in. I'm resigned to the fact that Kean is here until the powers that be decide otherwise and I feel that history and common sense backs that up. If we go on to under-perform and lose a few more, hopefully Shebby tells the truth and things have changed and he'll finally be gone - but rest assured, if and when it happens, it will be nothing to do with us or our actions.

Personally, on the day of the first home game I'm absolutely desperate to return to something that resembles Rovers and Ewood again and I'm equally desperate to take my little boy to Ewood for the first time - but I won't take him due to the pure amount of hatred, swearing, arguing, frustration and scraps between fellow supporters.

I always feel that Rovers fans are collectively at their very best when we are out of the top-flight and most of my best memories supporting Rovers are actually in the 2nd tier. Despite what some presume on here, I personally don't believe in giving Kean a fresh start because too much has gone under the bridge, he has had his chance, he didn't perform and results don't warrant him being here for at least the last ten months. Unfortunately, it is plain to see that we are in a unique position where despite results, bad PR, lack of trust etc. - the manager has remained - why, is well and truly open to debate. It also wouldn’t be fair to let him think that he has improved as a manager in what is an easier league, against weaker oppositions – because, he will believe and sell this. The only dilemma for me though is, I also don’t believe in celebrating, contributing and wanting failure for the club I love either.

What I do think is that this is a good opportunity for a fresh start for the fans of the club. So, I'd call on those of us still willing to attend, to somehow get some atmosphere, wit and creativity back onto the terraces and find some middle ground with their fellow supporters as despite the disagreements and approaches - we are equally as loyal as each other. History has showed us that despite the monumental efforts, planes, chanting, generally getting angry and frustrated etc. it unfortunately had no effect in terms of forcing the Venkys hands and knowing that the quick fix for success and harmony that we so desperately need (Kean's sacking) will not be influenced by us, I feel that we can and should take an approach where we make the most of this horrific situation by supporting the team and royally and creatively take the mickey out of Super Steve via clever songs and chanting. Then if need be, en masse give it both barrels after the match. Those of you that doubt this change of tact from pure anger to humour and think it won't do any good, think back to the one thing that made the World news, the image that made people sympathise with the lunacy we have put up with and made supporters up and down the country realise we aren't just angry, ranting loons...the Ewood Chicken :D Don’t get me wrong, humour won’t rid us of him, but it’ll bloody make us feel better.

Come on you blues!

I keep reading/hearing supporters saying that we need to carry on where we left off last season in terms of chanting and protesting against Kean during games – but that plan simply didn't work, we went down and he is obviously still here. It isn't an ordinary situation where chanting for the manager to be ousted usually works after a couple of demonstrations, supporters are well and truly wasting their breath and efforts.

I'd urge everyone who is attending to simply get behind the team and for 90mins and as best they can, ignore the man who occupies the manager's parking space. We proved right from the Arsenal game last season up to the Wigan game, that despite kicking up an almighty fuss, we have no effect whatsoever regarding the common sense, decision making process in terms of getting one man out and a decent manager in. I'm resigned to the fact that Kean is here until the powers that be decide otherwise and I feel that history and common sense backs that up. If we go on to under-perform and lose a few more, hopefully Shebby tells the truth and things have changed and he'll finally be gone - but rest assured, if and when it happens, it will be nothing to do with us or our actions.

Personally, on the day of the first home game I'm absolutely desperate to return to something that resembles Rovers and Ewood again and I'm equally desperate to take my little boy to Ewood for the first time - but I won't take him due to the pure amount of hatred, swearing, arguing, frustration and scraps between fellow supporters.

I always feel that Rovers fans are collectively at their very best when we are out of the top-flight and most of my best memories supporting Rovers are actually in the 2nd tier. Despite what some presume on here, I personally don't believe in giving Kean a fresh start because too much has gone under the bridge, he has had his chance, he didn't perform and results don't warrant him being here for at least the last ten months. Unfortunately, it is plain to see that we are in a unique position where despite results, bad PR, lack of trust etc. - the manager has remained - why, is well and truly open to debate. It also wouldn’t be fair to let him think that he has improved as a manager in what is an easier league, against weaker oppositions – because, he will believe and sell this. The only dilemma for me though is, I also don’t believe in celebrating, contributing and wanting failure for the club I love either.

What I do think is that this is a good opportunity for a fresh start for the fans of the club. So, I'd call on those of us still willing to attend, to somehow get some atmosphere, wit and creativity back onto the terraces and find some middle ground with their fellow supporters as despite the disagreements and approaches - we are equally as loyal as each other. History has showed us that despite the monumental efforts, planes, chanting, generally getting angry and frustrated etc. it unfortunately had no effect in terms of forcing the Venkys hands and knowing that the quick fix for success and harmony that we so desperately need (Kean's sacking) will not be influenced by us, I feel that we can and should take an approach where we make the most of this horrific situation by supporting the team and royally and creatively take the mickey out of Super Steve via clever songs and chanting. Then if need be, en masse give it both barrels after the match. Those of you that doubt this change of tact from pure anger to humour and think it won't do any good, think back to the one thing that made the World news, the image that made people sympathise with the lunacy we have put up with and made supporters up and down the country realise we aren't just angry, ranting loons...the Ewood Chicken :D Don’t get me wrong, humour won’t rid us of him, but it’ll bloody make us feel better.

Come on you blues!

Can you speak up a bit?

Can you speak up a bit?

Haha! I'll sort it :tu:

I understand you want to take your son to a game without aggrivation.

But... sorry, Pedro. I cant agree.

No worries mate. It's not just that, I just don't feel that it is doing any good - at all.

The atmosphere at the Wigan game was poisonous, and whilst I have sympathy for supporters who don’t like attending under those circumstances, if that was evident week in week out the owners would soon get the message.

That’s how I see things, you need to look at the bigger picture, the club will return to normal when the idiots have been run out of town, the tactics need to be hostile in my opinion and we can have our club back.

Sadly we have far too may middle class prawn sandwich types to keep up the hostilities ;)

Haha! I'll sort it :tu:

No worries mate. It's not just that, I just don't feel that it is doing any good - at all.

Its sad and heartbreaking, mate.

My dad took me to Ewood from the age of 3.

I fear it will only get worse, whilst Kean continues unopposed.

There were even fights between the "Kean Out" chanters and morons who think it

"affects the team and we should give him more time. " :(

Reasonable, quite reserved fans, have been turned into fierce vitrliolic demons - by the scandalous events.

I have seen it, and understand it!

I'm resigned to the fact that Kean is here until the powers that be decide otherwise

I think it largely depends upon what you think will make them decide otherwise.

If fans go quiet and "get behind the team" (as though they haven't done anyway - Wigan game aside), then Kean may say "we've weathered the storm" and he stays on. If the chants continue then maybe he can't do that.

But I guess it also largely depends on whether you think Venkys give a toss one way or the other...

I think we should also remember the vast majority of the stadium sang 'Kean out Venkys out' at the last home game, a part from the thousands that have left the club, why would the ones in attendance not continue in the same vein?

The club has gone backwards, the chief protagonists are still in charge, and they're still laughing in the faces of the average fan.

Nothing has changed.

I keep reading/hearing supporters saying that we need to carry on where we left off last season in terms of chanting and protesting against Kean during games – but that plan simply didn't work, we went down and he is obviously still here. It isn't an ordinary situation where chanting for the manager

to be ousted usually works after a couple of demonstrations, supporters are well and truly wasting their breath and efforts.

Come on you blues!

KEAN OUT

until kean has gone, nothing should change. I won't be attending many games this season because of him but there is no way i will sit on my hands when im there and let that scummer think he has won or let him think that he has been accepted. Everyone should call for his head for 90 minutes every game until venkyscum finally get the message

I think we should also remember the vast majority of the stadium sang 'Kean out Venkys out' at the last home game, a part from the thousands that have left the club, why would the ones in attendance not continue in the same vein?

The club has gone backwards, the chief protagonists are still in charge, and they're still laughing in the faces of the average fan.

Nothing has changed.

One important thing has changed. There are now probably less than half the number of supporters. The problem is that the percentage of Rovers Fans will no doubt have increased.

Thanks for the responses.

I noticed on Sky Sports that they are already focussing on the fans and how we will react tonight...what picture do those who think we need to keep on giving it both barrels throughout the game think the media are hoping to paint? Let's not give them the ammo.

until kean has gone, nothing should change. I won't be attending many games this season because of him but there is no way i will sit on my hands when im there and let that scummer think he has won or let him think that he has been accepted. Everyone should call for his head for 90 minutes every game until venkyscum finally get the message

It'll do as much good and trying to catch your voice with a net.

Thanks for the responses.

I noticed on Sky Sports that they are already focussing on the fans and how we will react tonight...what picture do those who think we need to keep on giving it both barrels throughout the game think the media are hoping to paint? Let's not give them the ammo.

No let's let Kean say "We've weathered the storm now. Everything is fine for my job from now on".

With the brothers present sitting with Shebby in the JW stand, tonight is the night of all nights for the protests to be howled louder and clearer than ever.

Exactly. I hate feeling it as it goes against the grain wanting your team to lose, but a defeat and mass, loud and long protests are the best things for the long term interests of the club. It should happen every game until the charlatan is gone. Balls to what Sky or anyone else thinks - it's not their club.

Archived