BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Radosav petrovic

Earlydoors

Sorry totally disagree. I actually think he will end up being a reasonable player in the right team - but his main problem in the Premiership was his lack of pace and aggression. Murphy has more pace and aggression than Petrovic (though it is very much a snail race) - but even he has struggled to adapt to the Championship - IMO it would have been worse for Petrovic.

He'd have been a decent squad player for us in the Prem, even without the pace. But we don't seem to like central midfield squad players. He basically became the new Andrews. I think people are giving the Championship far too much credit. I think he'd have done well, but there we go.

Would he have also then got more pace? was that the fans fault as well?

beat me to it DMTP.

No, that was not the fans fault, but for many players confidence are more important than pace. Our fans seem to hate anybody who is affected by crisis' of confidence, but it's just what happens with some players. I prefer to back them rather than groaning them off the pitch and practically urging them to fail. But that's just me.

If anyone is to blame for players losing their confidence it's Kean as he seems to like dropping players the moment they show any sign of quality.

I agree that he was dropped as soon as he looked promising, but it's more of a joint thing rather than just 'Kean's fault, omg scum'. And to be fair the fans did the damage for a much longer period and that had a detrimental affect to somebody actually playing rather than Kean simply not playing him and therefore Petrovic not having a negative impact as he wasn't able to do so from the bench and beyond.

Anyway, I feel I have a difference of opinion on the matter with many of the 'fans are always right/kean is always wrong' and it's not worth continuing down this path.

I agree that he was dropped as soon as he looked promising, but it's more of a joint thing rather than just 'Kean's fault, omg scum'. And to be fair the fans did the damage for a much longer period and that had a detrimental affect to somebody actually playing rather than Kean simply not playing him and therefore Petrovic not having a negative impact as he wasn't able to do so from the bench and beyond.

Anyway, I feel I have a difference of opinion on the matter with many of the 'fans are always right/kean is always wrong' and it's not worth continuing down this path.

If you give a monkey time on the ball he will be able to play, Petrovic needed far too much time on the ball, he could pick a pass but I saw his first game for Rovers against a Sheffield Wed reserve team, my son and I both said at the time he looked way off the pace, one of the players I coached, was sent back from a league club due to lack of acceleration, this appears to be (Olssons excepted) a big problem at Rovers at the moment, we are poor on our acceleration and without pace we will be stuffed, as for it being Keans fault, something has to be Braddock, you simply cant lose the amount of games ore concede the amount of goals Rovers do if you have a half decent manager. Impact from the bench would never be Petrovics' game, he would need the first 80 minutes to get somewhere near the pace of the game!!

If you give a monkey time on the ball he will be able to play, Petrovic needed far too much time on the ball, he could pick a pass but I saw his first game for Rovers against a Sheffield Wed reserve team, my son and I both said at the time he looked way off the pace, one of the players I coached, was sent back from a league club due to lack of acceleration, this appears to be (Olssons excepted) a big problem at Rovers at the moment, we are poor on our acceleration and without pace we will be stuffed, as for it being Keans fault, something has to be Braddock, you simply cant lose the amount of games ore concede the amount of goals Rovers do if you have a half decent manager. Impact from the bench would never be Petrovics' game, he would need the first 80 minutes to get somewhere near the pace of the game!!

I think you are confusing me saying 'everything is not Keans fault' with believing 'nothing is Kean's fault', but oh well.

I'm not necessarily talking impact from the bench, more play him in cup games or when we have suspensions or injuries (which, looking at our midfield seems inevitable). That's my opinion for the Prem. For the Championship I think he'd be good as a starter.

Tbf you can't blame Kean or the fans for Petrovic being crap. He's just crap and I'm glad to see the back of him. He was looking at the floor when the cross came in for Wigans goal that relegated us. He was supposed to be marking the goal scorer(cant remember who that was now)!

Tbf you can't blame Kean or the fans for Petrovic being crap. He's just crap and I'm glad to see the back of him. He was looking at the floor when the cross came in for Wigans goal that relegated us. He was supposed to be marking the goal scorer(cant remember who that was now)!

I disagree with the belief that he is crap.

A good player is a good player in any league. Sounds like his resolve is as poor as his ability.

With some players it just doesn't work out in certain leagues or at certain clubs.......Forlan, Shevchenko and Chamakh weren't very good in the Premier League, still really good players, particularly the first 2.......Petrovic likes time on the ball and he wouldn't get enough in this country......good luck to him in Turkey.

Whilst I was never impressed with Petrovic, Braddock is perfectly entitled to suggest that someone with 27 caps for Serbia at only 23 years old is not crap.

Agree. He also had some fanstic long-distance passes and a magnificent run against Norwich where we ended up 3-3. IF he had scored we would get up to 2-4 and would've won the match.

Archived