BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Talksport

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes me smile how after KGH it was all "Words mean nothing" until people don't like what Shebby says on Talksport when it becomes, "I knew it! This totally proves everything I said!"

Who cares what he says, all that counts is what he does (if anything)

Exactly.

Makes me smile how after KGH it was all "Words mean nothing" until people don't like what Shebby says on Talksport when it becomes, "I knew it! This totally proves everything I said!"

Who cares what he says, all that counts is what he does (if anything)

OK I will be more explicit. There were quite a number of posters on this MB who well before KGH were saying be careful of believing what Shebby says.

KGH gave him the opportunity to play ''Big Boss'' the Venky mouthpiece and also to revert back to being a pundit. On Talksport he used his pundit capacity to do an effective denial of 2 of most controversial issues at KGH - Kean and the 3 games and his comments on MGP.

It doesn't disguise the fact that plenty knew Shebby to be just a mouthpiece - and he will do nothing.

It is my opinion that SK and SS are speaking from the same script.

The contempt that is shown for the everyday supporter is disgusting. Hence why attendance was so low last night, and will continue to be. Last season I saw away fans singing the name of our manager in jest, (unprecedented experience for me) and coming completely full circle this is followed by a little sympathy from the Hull supporters last night (sacked in morning chant followed by rapturous applause) - showing that the whole farce is clear as daylight for all to see.

The only people who fail to see through the nonsense are the gutter press; i.e. talksport..

..And Glen, Keep up the work. I have no idea what the outcome will be but you have to admire the effort put in for the love of the club.

It's a shame, as Shebby had the potential to make a success of his role and build some bridges with fans.

But it seems that he's just a mouthpiece, or even just a distraction.

He managed to fool a few people into thinking that he was genuine and influential, but at the moment it appears that isn't the case.

He has done a complete full circle , this is a mine field . Who is calling the shots ? The owners ? Shebby ? Shaw ? Agnew? Kean? Someone else ?

Really can't get my head aroud the mixed messages , something very fishy about the whole situation

Nothing fishy at all about the situation.

Many people said that this was just distract from Kean and buy them a bit more time.

Add that to the recent pro-Kean, anti-fans media-waged PR campaign...

and it all makes sense. Well, as much as anything can at Rovers these days.

The fiddle then?

I don't think he was played, all along Glenn knew there was a possibility Shebby was a snake, however there weren't any other possibilities; and rather than do nothing he tried to make progress knowing it may well bite him in the ass.

That takes some balls and deserves more respect than your flippant remarks showed, it is an easy fight when everything is one sided, a far tougher proposition when your opponent holds most of the cards.

The fans are causing more problems then Kean and Venky's? Am I reading that right?!

There are far too many fans who have yet to smell the coffee and still attack anyone who criticises the club.......would you believe?

Can't recall it's name but when I looked at another smaller rovers forum it was full of them. They had plenty to say about Glen and how he was not speaking for them blah blah. None of them seemed prepared to remove their heads from their own backsides.

I don't think he was played, all along Glenn knew there was a possibility Shebby was a snake, however there weren't any other possibilities; and rather than do nothing he tried to make progress knowing it may well bite him in the ass.

That takes some balls and deserves more respect than your flippant remarks showed, it is an easy fight when everything is one sided, a far tougher proposition when your opponent holds most of the cards.

Well said

And I still believe he is our only chance , but that's not to say the circus ain't growing

I still think shebbys use of English is poor. Although the whole situation is a circus. I go to Malaysia and Singapore every two years and have come across this tima and time again. My wife is Malaysian Chinese. I have often found when dealing with people in business, family members etc etc that when they use English, what they are trying to say often comes out wrong and can be misinterpreted.

As an example, look how shebby answered the part about the working relationship between Kean and Shebby. Shebby said its ok, they have to work together. But Brazil then said, "But steve says it is not good." But Shebby did not say, it was a good working relationship.

I would nt give up on him just yet.

It's now the fans fault is it?....Care to explain, mr mullan?

What's glen done to you ? Shagged your wife or what?

I still think shebbys use of English is poor. Although the whole situation is a circus. I go to Malaysia and Singapore every two years and have come across this tima and time again. My wife is Malaysian Chinese. I have often found when dealing with people in business, family members etc etc that when they use English, what they are trying to say often comes out wrong and can be misinterpreted.

As an example, look how shebby answered the part about the working relationship between Kean and Shebby. Shebby said its ok, they have to work together. But Brazil then said, "But steve says it is not good." But Shebby did not say, it was a good working relationship.

But surly ... Rule number 1 of being a global doodah is to be able to and communicate in English ?

What's glen done to you ? Shagged your wife or what?

But surly ... Rule number 1 of being a global doodah is to be able to and communicate in English ?

Of course. He can speak English words - but his use of them is not brilliant. He can often be misinterpreted because of this. I have known this for quite awhile.

Of course. He can speak English words - but his use of them is not brilliant. He can often be misinterpreted because of this. I have known this for quite awhile.

That's my point .. Rule number 2 he SHOULD talk brilliant English .

What other aspect of his "job" makes his role "Global".

Sorry, his appointment is(was) nothing but spin.

A second rate appontment made to try to appease the complaining masses. There would be many hundreds of people more qualified than this bloke to run the Rovers.

Shebby, realise that you have been promoted beyond your capabilities and get the hell out before you're found out.

That's not an example of misinterpretation. That's an example of Brazil's questioning technique.

Shebby's problems aren't down to him being misunderstood Pafell, they're down to his own stupidity. The QandA at Blakeys and the following U turn on Talksport were simply down to his unsuitability for the role he's been given.

Having said that he might yet recommend to the owners that Kean should go. Let's be honest though, Shebby is a walking disaster and I certainly wouldn't have him as a representative of my business.

That's my point .. Rule number 2 he SHOULD talk brilliant English .

Okay my thoughts, many on here are calling Shebby out because of his last two interviews, I think Mrs D and the boys had a quite word after the KGH meeting in terms of tone it down, which in his last two interviews he has been very cautious in his reply's, so after his initial outbursts and thoughts since his arrival which fans wanted to hear, fans are now looking at the negatives because he has changed tact, in any managerial situation when you are seen to be in a corner you change the way you work and communicate to get back to your original position within the hierarchy, this is what i think Shebby is doing.

Kean is so inept he will cock up anyway in the next few weeks, we can all see that from the first two games, I will believe for now Kean has set points targets to achieve, if he doesn't then that's when we will see what Shebby can or cannot do, and that in my opinion is when he can be judged fairly.

Archived