BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Young Mystery Striker

Ricky

Nixon got more right then he did wrong before the Venkys era. Now he gets as much wrong as everyone else. Very very few people seem to genuinely know what's happening until the hour or so that it happens. Kamy and Glen have got plenty of transfer stories wrong but I dont think that's their fault at all. With the club in as much of a mess as it is, its understandable that very few people know what's going on.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nixon has always been a big rovers supporter in the sense he has a close affiliation with the club, don't know why people always knock him. He always gave up his free time to come on here and give us inside info, even if it wasn't always correct, the messageboard was a better place with him in my view

second that.

always good on the podcast.

Nixon in the past was very very accurate with stories in respect of rovers. However we've cleared out so many members of staff that maybe his contacts aren't as good as they once were.

I like the guy, he's been very good towards me in the past when I needed a favour. Don't think he should be slated, a bit of light ribbing maybe but think some comments are a little harsh.

Don't forget it was Kamy who first mentioned the striker today and not Nixon.

• Backroom

He provided some good info back in the day and his 11 o clockers were fun but the nickoteens made it nigh on unbearable at times with the constant spamming of questions

Our young mystery striker will be some panic loan a´la Modeste in the latest hours of the window. If Kazim is out for longer time will be doomed. And I was never expecting from him. The two matches played tells I was wrong about him. It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben?

That story is a bit of a step back from 'had a medical at brockhall today' isn't it?

Speculation that is 100% made up in my opinion. Just a guess based on the Fletcher transfer. Basically journalism I suppose nowadays

Our young mystery striker will be some panic loan a´la Modeste in the latest hours of the window. If Kazim is out for longer time will be doomed. And I was never expecting from him. The two matches played tells I was wrong about him. It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would a lot of help. Ruben?

Possibly the strangest post i've seen in months. But i like it.

Our young mystery striker will be some panic loan a´la Modeste in the latest hours of the window. If Kazim is out for longer time will be doomed. And I was never expecting from him. The two matches played tells I was wrong about him. It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben?

We've got 2 face (Shebby) here too. Could do with Cat Woman and Bat Girl to cheer us all up a bit

• Backroom

I know nothing about the lad I have been ironically ignorant of the championship whilst we weren't in it and he hardly did much at Sunderland

Funny that Nicko says he is poor yet raves about Rhodes who achieved slightly more in a worse league

nixon has always been a big rovers supporter in the sense he has a close affiliation with the club, don't know why people always knock him. He always gave up his free time to come on here and give us inside info, even if it wasn't always correct, the messageboard was a better place with him in my view

Brill post....completely agree. Whether he got things right or wrong doesnt really matter. He used his own time to contribute and i loved the 11 o'clockers and took it all with a pinch of salt.

Bang tidy post that one ;-)

Post of the year! Bravo! :rover:

I know nothing about the lad I have been ironically ignorant of the championship whilst we weren't in it and he hardly did much at Sunderland

Funny that Nicko says he is poor yet raves about Rhodes who achieved slightly more in a worse league

Connor Wickham is a very good player, strong, skilfull and will score goals in the Championship, I feel very unfortunate at Sunderland, if we get him on loan, I feel he is better than both Best and Richards, thats an honest opinion!!

This is only based on the few times that I have seen him but...

Every time I have seen Wickham play he has looked a real handful - he lacks a prolific goal record but we're a better team than Ipswich were, that could offer him more chances in front of goal. I've only seen him in the Championship, but I think he would do a good job. Would like us to have a set price though, as I can see him finally getting the goals that his potential has promised this time around. Would work well upfront on his own too, and would bring the million and one players that we have to 'fill the hole' into play a bit more.

But Rhodes and Guidetti would be cool too - I haven't seen any of either of them so I can't really comment on that.

Archived