BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hello lads a question?

Left back at Prem level, a big no. He has pace which is his main attribute and always plays better going forward. Although with decent coaching and in a solid team he may grow into the role. 4 different managers have played him at left back for Rovers without much success.

Agree with the above comment, suspect a left back but good going forward.

Word of warning though Baggie192, As you know we have got complete shysters running the club , so if he does appear at your ground make sure he's not switched for his less talented twin before signing on the dotted line.

Left back at Prem level, a big no. He has pace which is his main attribute and always plays better going forward. Although with decent coaching and in a solid team he may grow into the role. 4 different managers have played him at left back for Rovers without much success.

Cheers for that as I said. It's for coverage as defensive left back, so, he maybe the second choice option then because the other's a straight out Left Back

He might become a very good left back in the future, but as of today I feel he lacks the necessary postioning and composure for the job. He's got pace, a good engine and a decent left foot though, which makes him a very competent winger. I think he'd benefit most from moving somewhere where he wouldn't be put under too much offensive pressure and have a good coaching staff to work with, West Brom fulfills the second of those criterias but not the first IMO.

Great pace and good going forward - wing back or left winger - but lacks positioning and bravery so avoid playing him at left back

Bravery is one of his assets, I've noticed a lot of people underestimate him here. He often sticks his head in where he might get hurt.

Positioning is definitely his weakest point. Thankfully that's one of the easiest things you can coach.

I honestly think he can be left back for a top six club with the right coaching over the next two years.

He's not a very good left back at the moment as he can get caught out of position and doesn't get close enough to the winger imo.....he has serious pace but seems to struggle against wingers with pace sometimes, Aaron Lennon tore him apart a couple of years ago if I remember correctly.....but he's young so with protection from the winger, the right coaching and experience I think he could go on to become a pretty decent left back....certainly for a mid-table premier league side.

But as a left winger I rate him really highly....the thing I was most concerned about was his (lack of) crossing ability but he looked to have improved that last season.....I think if you bought him, it wouldn't take long to realise he is much better suited as a winger and would go on to become one of your best players.....potentially your best player.

Left back, no. Positional sense non-existant, ability to read the play non-existant, composure and decision making poor. Tends to panic when confronted with pacey opponents. Wide left midfield, yes. Good athleticism, good left foot, a willing runner who can give the best defenders problems. Lack of composure lets him down in front of goal at times.

Good young player who has come through the ranks and we will be weaker without him.

Will be sorry to see him go but West Brom is a good club, a proper football club like ours used to be, and he will do well there.

Fast, athletic, better playing on the left wing in our set-up but could become a good left back if coached right.

One of our better players and when we had him, Jones, Hoilett and Nzonzi coming through together a couple of years ago things were looking great. Although some on here will tell you getting rid of Nzonzi, Hoilett and Jones is/was a good idea!

Who plays on your left wing at the moment?

Archived