BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD–Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers (away)12/13

Got tickets for my first game of the season. Having moved from Carlisle to Leeds over the summer, it'll be nice to go to an away game which doesn't take all day to get to. Ticket prices were stupidly expensive though...

Personally I think we'll struggle against a physical team. Warnock doesn't play pretty football and am not sure we have enough physical players to cope with them. Oh for Samba, Jones and Nelsen - ah well. As for being well organised against the Leeds route 1 onslaught, I just can't see us being organised enough under the current "management".

Would definately take a draw from this game. Shame we've no striker who could hold up the ball and relieve the pressure on us for this game. Would be tempted to slot Hanley in at the back with Givet at lb to give us as much power and strength at the back as we can muster. Would put Lowe and Dickson whatshisname as our centre mids to give them some protection, as feel they too will have a busy game. Peds and his workrate will also be vital for this game too, especially as he's decent in the air as well.

If we can keep it tight till 20 minutes from the end, I'd be optimistic about bringing on Nuno Gomes and possibly a couple of other flair players, who could cause some problems - possibly even nicking the win. But I doubt we'll get to that stage at all.

Head says 2-0 Leeds, heart says 1-1.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance Formica will be back for this game? That is if what I've read about him being out through illness recently is true...

Well he was on the bench against Leicester, so we have to assume he has recovered from the illness (or "illness").

A tight scrappy 1-1.

AH! the joys of Elland Rd in the republic of Yorkshire and to be an away fan there!!.

The notoriuos walk under the Culvert after the match and being deliberately walked into by the thousands of Leeds fans coming the other way from their Kop end.One abiding memory of a trip circa late 80's was getting back to the coach in one piece only to realise we are a man down in our group...then said man arrives alot worse for wear and nose spread across face,must have been only 15 or so at the time.

I'm sure Gav knows who I'm talking about!

A full wet suit should be the mode of dress for away fans when visiting Elland Rd. Just to form some kind of protection against the gobbing tykes.

In the years of Revie, I always had to laugh at his belief that they were the next Real Madrid, hence the change to an all white strip, from their original yellow shirts with blue sleeves, so as to make the players actually believe that tripe.

I always thought of Revie as a total knob as we're most of his odious playing staff.

KEAN OUT ...........but I still hope we stuff 'em ( well I can but only dream)

Leeds will be too fired-up for us and the paper covering our cracks will be ripped apart. Leeds to win by 3 or 4 goals to 1.

Never been able to celebrate a Rovers' goal on this ground as always been sat amongst the Leeds' supporters as a guest and even in the 'better' areas of the ground, there are some right b @ s t @ r d s about.

Remember well the 3-2 victory that Roversmum refers to, it was just a horrid, horrid atmosphere throughout the match.

Good luck to those brave ones travelling on Saturday.

Archived