BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD–Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers (away)12/13

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst it would spell armageddon on here, it really wouldn't be the end of the world if we did lose.

Very true - because it would leave us only won match away from Shebby's "mythical" three defeats on the bounce. Then we would see what power Shebby has - more likely the excuse - sorry I meant three league matches. - followed by sorry I meant three matches in the same month.

BTW - I actually think we will get something from this - irrespective of Kean's poor tactics - the team is still under performing.

Very true - because it would leave us only won match away from Shebby's "mythical" three defeats on the bounce. Then we would see what power Shebby has - more likely the excuse - sorry I meant three league matches. - followed by sorry I meant three matches in the same month.

BTW - I actually think we will get something from this - irrespective of Kean's poor tactics - the team is still under performing.

You keep saying the players are good enough and everythings down to tactics DMTP, Kean is hopeless with his tactics that's for sure, but where are the performances from the players? There are no decent performances because generally they're simply not good enough. We've sold those that were.

I don't think the MK Dons game will count as one of the 3 defeats in row to be honest. Cup game afer all it has no effect on a promotion campaign in the league. However, 2 defeats on the trot ahead of the next home game against Barnsley would leave Rovers in mid table. If Rovers do lose away at Leeds and Bristol City, then failure to beat Barnsley at home would put a serious dent in any hopes of promotion in a league as competitive as this.

You keep saying the players are good enough and everythings down to tactics DMTP, Kean is hopeless with his tactics that's for sure, but where are the performances from the players? There are no decent performances because generally they're simply not good enough. We've sold those that were.

How many games have they played together?

We saw three bad games under Allardyce at the end of his reign. It happens. We have plenty of games to go and we've been getting the results so it's hardly time to prepare for relegation. To say they aren't good enough this early on is ridiculously reactionary and not based on anything credible at all baring in mind how long the season actually is.

I don't think the MK Dons game will count as one of the 3 defeats in row to be honest. Cup game afer all it has no effect on a promotion campaign in the league. However, 2 defeats on the trot ahead of the next home game against Barnsley would leave Rovers in mid table. If Rovers do lose away at Leeds and Bristol City, then failure to beat Barnsley at home would put a serious dent in any hopes of promotion in a league as competitive as this.

And Middlesbro at home follows Barnsley.

Doubt I'll go to this game and Ive never missed a trip to Leeds. I even saw Dino Baggio score!

One of my friends is a Leeds fan and she's trying to persuade me.

Nothings tempted me so far.

Quite simply, which of our players are good enough to play for a promotion team?

Robinson, Richards, Best.

The rest aren't good enough.

For the championship - this squad should be more than capable of a top six finish and a reasonable standard of football.

However - play a left winger at left back - continue to play one up front when it is obvious we don't have a forward to play this formation - continually sit deep and put no pressure on the ball - that isn't about player performance but instructions from Kean.

Quite simply, which of our players are good enough to play for a promotion team?

Robinson, Richards, Best.

The rest aren't good enough.

So you don't rate - Olsson (Mk1), Etuhu, Givet or Murphy ?

Only last year Hanley was earning plaudits in the Premiership - as did Henley for his matches against United etc.

Players like Orr, Dunn and MGP are also good enough for a top 6 Championship side.

I am not arguing that we would have issues if promoted - but getting us up, we aren't far off if we had a decent manager to get the best out of a talented (for Championship) but unbalanced squad.

For the championship - this squad should be more than capable of a top six finish and a reasonable standard of football.

That's easy to say without backing it up. As I said somewher else today, where is the leadership and driving force in the side, creativity, power, energy, strength, pace, width, resilience, midfield capable of outplaying the opposition, where are the wingers who can beat a man and drop back to cover the full backs, where are the two strikers who can give us around 20/25 goals each? Tactics don't stop the players performing, they aren't the reason why each player loses out to his direct opponent.

All I see is a bunch of players, most of whom wont be seen again when they leave us.

So you don't rate - Olsson (Mk1), Etuhu, Givet or Murphy ?

Only last year Hanley was earning plaudits in the Premiership - as did Henley for his matches against United etc.

Players like Orr, Dunn and MGP are also good enough for a top 6 Championship side.

Olsson - isn't he leaving?

Givet - ooops, forgot him

Etuhu - yes should be good enough

Murphy - consensus is he's past it.

Orr, don't think so

Dunn - fat and knackered

MGP - tough one to call, if he's up for it then yes. But I don't think he is.

So really, only Givet and Etuhu left out.

So that;s Robinson, Givet, Etuhu, Richard, Best.

and the last two are currently injured.

That's easy to say without backing it up. As I said somewher else today, where is the leadership and driving force in the side, creativity, power, energy, strength, pace, width, resilience, midfield capable of outplaying the opposition, where are the wingers who can beat a man and drop back to cover the full backs, where are the two strikers who can give us around 20/25 goals each? Tactics don't stop the players performing, they aren't the reason why each player loses out to his direct opponent.

All I see is a bunch of players, most of whom wont be seen again when they leave us.

If your argument is correct - why did Ince nearly relegate us - and then Sam with virtually the same squad kept us up ?

And why did McLeish turn Bent pre-injury, Agbonlahor and Albrighton into terrible players.....if Aston Villa had went down last season, which they very nearly did, people wouldn't be arguing that the players they had weren't good enough......they'd be saying they had a terrible manager who made the players look worse because the players didn't suit his tactics.

I'm with you Den. A blind man on a galloping horse can see we haven't got the players never mind the manager !

Completly disagree. The best teams are greater than the sum of their parts. Look around the championship. There are no stand out teams and with a half decent manager we would have a chance as even he has managed two wins in a row ffs.

However at the moment we dont have a half decent manager and any new person coming in would need time to influence things especially as many have worked under Kean for so long and got used to being crap

Archived