SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] club finances

AndyC

Incoming: Total £39,235,000

Outgoing: Total £44,785,600

This does include not free transfers and their signing on fees

Nor does this include agent fees

Oh yeah those signing on fees.. agent fees..increased wage bills.. plus the incoming lack of sponsorship, advertising, proper PL TV rights etc etc..

We are sitting pretty..

On paper Chelsea and Man city are totally bust..In others words the clubs own balance sheet is total kak.when it comes to a. finance. review of the club..Its the off balance finance thats the reality..ie guaratees from the owners and the state of their own personnel finanes that matter..Venkys are a safe company..but rich owners are not always the best pet owners..We have rich owners but the dog only gets fed cheap bisciuts from Aldi.and Netto...its a question of not enough love and interest.basically.

Excuse my ignorance if this is completely wrong, but I'm not au fait with how these things work. If the worst happened, could a Rovers asset be sold, i.e players / Ewood / even Brockhall, and the resultant money be moved over to the bank account of the asset in India that the loan / overdraft is secured against to keep the bank and Venky's shareholders happy?

So in effect, whilst the borrowings are secured against Venky's more valuable assets on paper, hence the bank being more agreeable to lending larger sums of money, if the brown stuff hit the fan, it would be a Rovers asset that paid for it rather than one of their main businesses?

Excuse my ignorance if this is completely wrong, but I'm not au fait with how these things work. If the worst happened, could a Rovers asset be sold, i.e players / Ewood / even Brockhall, and the resultant money be moved over to the bank account of the asset in India that the loan / overdraft is secured against to keep the bank and Venky's shareholders happy?

So in effect, whilst the borrowings are secured against Venky's more valuable assets on paper, hence the bank being more agreeable to lending larger sums of money, if the brown stuff hit the fan, it would be a Rovers asset that paid for it rather than one of their main businesses?

Whilst also not an expert, I would guess it's a fair assumption that if Venkys make an exit from BRFC then they won't be out of pocket. There would have been a financial exit strategy in place to facilitate it, probably is already.

Much as it sticks in the throat, it's the way of the world

Great graphic.

So Venky's putting their money where their mouth was saw Rovers 20th out of 20 in transfer expenditure. What a bunch of chickens.

Nice to keep seeing for Rovers in the top half of the Premier League and getting the best outcome for money spent.

Just shows how bad the Loons from Pune are compared with the Walker Trust.

Great graphic.

So Venky's putting their money where their mouth was saw Rovers 20th out of 20 in transfer expenditure. What a bunch of chickens.

Nice to keep seeing for Rovers in the top half of the Premier League and getting the best outcome for money spent.

Just shows how bad the Loons from Pune are compared with the Walker Trust.

Wages for 10/11, 13.6m, accurate, that's some drop from the previous season, few more big earners leaving in the summer countered by large contracts this window, are we looking at a similar figure the for 2012/13 circa 13-15m.

Wages for 10/11, 13.6m, accurate, that's some drop from the previous season, few more big earners leaving in the summer countered by large contracts this window, are we looking at a similar figure the for 2012/13 circa 13-15m.

Actually, that is rubbish- the number was £43.6m. Somebody hit the wrong key when that data was entered.

Archived