BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The inevitable next "development" in the sorry story

UbuRoi

It's a matter of time. There is an inexorable deterioration to this. Mundane and boring as it may sound, it's going to happen. Dressing room insurrection IS only weeks away. They'll start doing their own thing on the pitch. Apparently there were signs of this at Crawley with Bolton I'm informed. And I give you The Secret Footballer Murphy as the barrack room lawyer and leader of this coup. Not last season's half-arsed toys out the pram/hissy fits from the French players by the way. First sign... the perplexed player with arms out-stretched beseaching the bench for clarity.

It really is only a matter of time.

It's a matter of time. There is an inexorable deterioration to this. Mundane and boring as it may sound, it's going to happen. Dressing room insurrection IS only weeks away. They'll start doing their own thing on the pitch. Apparently there were signs of this at Crawley with Bolton I'm informed. And I give you The Secret Footballer Murphy as the barrack room lawyer and leader of this coup. Not last season's half-arsed toys out the pram/hissy fits from the French players by the way. First sign... the perplexed player with arms out-stretched beseaching the bench for clarity.

i really hope you are right.

not asking you to name players - but have you actually spoken to any of them?

I sincerely hope there is some truth in this. I have seen mutinies before when players have wanted to get rid of managers and they have gone trhough the motions on the field. Murphy strikes me as being a strong character who may lead this.

The atmosphere around the club re the playing staff could have been mutinious when the likes of Samba, Salgado and Nelsen were here- they had no time for Kean going off what I've heard.

However, is it now still the case? The majority of the squad are Kean signings (largely kids, has-beens and never-beens, greatful for the chance and the dosh) and seem to be behind their 'gaffer'.

The atmosphere around the club re the playing staff could have been mutinious when the likes of Samba, Salgado and Nelsen were here- they had no time for Kean going off what I've heard.

However, is it now still the case? The majority of the squad are Kean signings (largely kids, has-beens and never-beens, greatful for the chance and the dosh) and seem to be behind their 'gaffer'.

Everything I've heard from inside the club implies the vast majority of players are very much behind Kean.

Everything I've heard from inside the club implies the vast majority of players are very much behind Kean.

Maybe that's part of the problem Glenn? All the players loved Ray Harford, he just wasn't a manager.

I must admit to raising an eyebrow at the Murphy signing. He was a trouble maker at Liverpool and Rafa got rid as soon as he could.

If things don't go well here he'll be speaking up I'm sure, but for now he's on Keans side after getting a cracking deal to come here.

Let's not think of Murphy as some sort of saviour in all of this, because he's not, he's out for himself, but if it means getting rid of Kean the I'm all for it.

Archived