BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2012/13

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Referee totally bottled what should have been a sending off on the penalty.

Correct. I must say I'm not a fan of sending players off for minor misdemeanours and especially not in such an imp match BUT that should certainly have been a second yellow for the Brazilian.

Ribery was lucky to be on too. He'd have walked in the Prem ..... unless he played for MU that is.

Correct. I must say I'm not a fan of sending players off for minor misdemeanours and especially not in such an imp match BUT that should certainly have been a second yellow for the Brazilian.

Ribery was lucky to be on too. He'd have walked in the Prem ..... unless he played for MU that is.

I fancy Man U might find things a little different on the refereeing front, post-Ferguson.

It will be interesting to see how he copes playing second fiddle to Messi. There will be pressure on hkm from Brazil to establish himself as the main man, particularly considering the "opposition" to it is an Argentine.

Guest Norbert

They'd be better signing a few defenders a goalkeeper and combative midfielder. They have enough fancy dan, skillful attacking talent. If this will be their oly major signing, then they've learnt nowt.

Sanchez and Pedro this year have been poor for them. Personally I'd just play Tello but there you go. But I don't think this will be their only signing, not after what Bayern did to them. Oh and David Villa is off as well.

I've just remembered Subotic's clearance last night, that was top quality defending.

Quite agree Norbert. I wouldn't sign a midfielder - two centre backs are needed so that Mascherano can play that position.

Would also agree on Tello but I think the 3rd position will be between him and Pedro. Iniesta up there would be the other option, allowing Mascherano and Busquets to play with Xavi in midfield.

The two centre backs they need would completely revolutionise the squad.

In terms of signing Neymar, it's not a case of learning. It's a case of signing one of the World's best players before Real Madrid did.

But doesn't Mascherano play CB because they don't think he's good enough at passing? I swear I heard that a couple seasons ago, probably off Guillem Balague.

Yes - he doesn't offer much in the passing game. Additionally there's been little other cover at CB. The point is however, as shown by Bayern and on occasions Madrid over the last couple of seasons, a lack of bite in midfield is damaging against the best teams. If Barça are to learn from that they will have to adapt, in particular in that position.

My worry is they drop a CB and try to go 3-4-3 so as to not lose an attacking player. Pep did that to try and accommodate Cesc when he first signed, it worked for a while as Cesc was scoring a lot of goals when he first signed, as soon as they dried up it stopped working.

yet Italy and spain still sign the best, most promising players and the premierleague gets has-been cast-offs

also busquets can play centreback too

He can but never should, it's a massive waste. Akin to putting Messi in goal (which my son does on Fifa to wind me up all the time!)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fabregas offloaded this summer along with Sanchez and Villa. I would expect a few of the overpaid underachieving Madrid squad to be in the same boat.

PS

These bloody Germans are good at everything at the moment currently 1st and 2nd in Monaco.

• Moderation Lead

It'll be interesting to see who comes and goes at barca this close season, my personal view is they need a bit of a clear out, and some reinforcements defensively. They've had to play Adriano at centre half on occssion this season........

I think they'll try and get Hummels as he can pass the ball well too.

It's hard trying to work out what they'll do because most of their attacking players wonder about. I was thinking they might sign another wide-forward type player to play on the right but Alves has that wing covered.

When Iniesta is pushed forward it's on the left but Neymar will be there now. So he'll be in the middle with Xavi and Busquets with Fabregas and Thiago Alcantara back up.

They might sign a CB who can play defensive mid as well. Kompany used to play there I'm pretty sure.

The concept of only buying a central defender who can play in midfield is stupid. Yes, one with good ball playing skills I can understand, although that shouldn't be priority, they need a proper defender. They have Busquets, Mascherano and Song to hold in midfield if necessary.

Guest Norbert

They need a commanding centre back first and foremost. Otherwise they will be picked off and torn apart just like they were against Bayern. A top class keeper would help too. Valdes is good, but not brilliant.

Mascarano and Song are not defenders, and are nowhere near as good as that Javi Martinez. They only have Pique and an aging Puyol, and they can't do it all on their own.

yet Italy and spain still sign the best, most promising players and the premierleague gets has-been cast-offs

also busquets can play centreback too

You haven't mentioned the Budesliga in that statement and you should really after recent european matches. Pace and power and strong refereeing over that weary tika taka evertime for me. Football needs to thank God for the krauts. :tu:

“As far as I know, Mario Goetze will be joining Bayern Munich and I don’t think Lewandowski will be hanging about too much either,” said Heynckes, who will be replaced by Pep Guardiola next season."

Stay classy, Bayern.

Why is the top clubs are often the ones with the least grace?

Subotic - Maine

Kehl - Frieburg

Sven Bender - 1860 Munich

Gundogan - Nuremburg

Lewandowsk- Poznan

Reus - Monchengladback

Blaszczykowski - Wisla Krakow

Grosskeutz - Rot Weiss Ahlen

Piszcheck - Hertha Berlin

Felipe Santana - Figueirense

I just don't see how Dortmund should be allowed to take other teams best players but Bayern can't take theirs. So what if that's their only competition in the league, Dortmund would do it if it was the other way round. We wouldn't have complained if we signed Keane and Scholes.

It's as much about winning the Champions League as it is the Bundlesliga. So they can sign who they want, you can't ask them to not sign a league rivals player. No club in the world would agree to that.

The fact that one club can take another's player based solely on them having a healthier bank balance is exactly why this "sport" isn't a sport at all any more.

That wasn't the point.

Fair enough, it's just I've been constantly reading that Bayern are apparently some sort of cheats for the past few weeks and I find that stupid.

The fact that one club can take another's player based solely on them having a healthier bank balance is exactly why this "sport" isn't a sport at all any more.

It's not exactly a recent thing. And it's not like us or Rangers have been exempt from that. A lot of clubs have built their bank balances up over time, not just from a wealthy owner.

Archived