SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2012/13

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Norbert

Or a half decent commentary team. Andy 'that's right Clive' Townsend is diabolical, whilst the main commentator (I presume it was Tyldsley) may have well told the world he'd love to put on a cocktail dress and have the Barca team have a mass bukkake session all over him.

Barcelona were a bunch of cheating cry babies in that second half. Any foul on them suddenly becomes a physical assault, they whine like spoilt brats a every dodgy decision, and Sanchez only had eyes for getting a penalty. I hope they get shagged at the Nou Camp, but the ref will help them if they get caught out.

They're complaining about the alleged offside, conveniently not mentioning the one at the San Siro.

I watched the Bayern-Juve game with a stream up of Barca but apparently the commentator said "curtains" after Xavi scored.....f-ing saddo's....they're a quality side but the way people jizz over them is cringeworthy.

They're cheats as well, yet have the audacity to constantly accuse others of it.

Guest Norbert

He did say that after the penalty. And that makes me want Paris to do them even more, so all the fanboys from the ITV studios to New York to Beijing all cry.

well yeh, people jizz over Barca, so? Not sure why people hate Barca, is it because of Jealousy, that majority of their players came through La Masia, instead of doing a Madrid and buying their way to success? Maybe its just me, but i have a lot of resepct for Barca, in that they give their youngsters a chance all the time. 6 of those players who started last night, were part of the Spanish team that beat France in France. Barca do spend money, but their model of growing their youngsters into this system that they play is awesome.

Patient build up play, gap opens up, and bang its a goal. Sorry, this about you have to have pace etc etc is all rubbish. Ive seen many quality players walk and play, and today still the likes of Beckham and Pirlo dont need pace, they will just let the ball do the talking. That is football, but i suppose all these pacy players have changed everything. Lennon is one example of pace, and well basically nothing else.

It shows how desperate people are to hate on Barça that no one has even mentioned the ball Alves played to Messi last night. The Alves-Messi link up is Barça's more underrated weapon and provides a huge amount of goals. The through ball last night was reminiscent of Tugay to Cole at Loftus Road in 2004.

Beckham was great last night.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/david-beckham/9968582/Le-flop-David-Beckham-given-310-rating-by-LEquipe-for-performance-in-PSGs-2-2-draw-with-Barcelona.html

David Beckham "lacked impact" in Paris Saint-Germain's 2-2 draw with

Barcelona and received a paltry rating of just 3/10 from French newspaper

L'Equipe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/david-beckham/9968582/Le-flop-David-Beckham-given-310-rating-by-LEquipe-for-performance-in-PSGs-2-2-draw-with-Barcelona.html

David Beckham "lacked impact" in Paris Saint-Germain's 2-2 draw with

Barcelona and received a paltry rating of just 3/10 from French newspaper

L'Equipe.

So he's as good as David Villa then?

I've dialed back my feelings on Barcelona because just for me, it's easy to feel jealous of a "super team", some call the best ever and with Messi who some call one of the best ever and the rest of their players. I even liked Barca some with Ronaldinho. It's also admirable the way they have made charities their sponsours as with Unicef a few years ago.

Part I don't like? It does seem Champions League referees have given breaks to clubs and Barcelona more than anyone. That said, a few years ago, it was Barcelona who had a man sent off at Samford Bridge.

Barcelona has 4 Champions League Trophies, Real Madrid, the big rival 9, Real also has about a dozen more Liga titles than the Catalans. So, I try to look at the big picture.

well yeh, people jizz over Barca, so? Not sure why people hate Barca, is it because of Jealousy, that majority of their players came through La Masia, instead of doing a Madrid and buying their way to success? Maybe its just me, but i have a lot of resepct for Barca, in that they give their youngsters a chance all the time. 6 of those players who started last night, were part of the Spanish team that beat France in France. Barca do spend money, but their model of growing their youngsters into this system that they play is awesome.

Patient build up play, gap opens up, and bang its a goal. Sorry, this about you have to have pace etc etc is all rubbish. Ive seen many quality players walk and play, and today still the likes of Beckham and Pirlo dont need pace, they will just let the ball do the talking. That is football, but i suppose all these pacy players have changed everything. Lennon is one example of pace, and well basically nothing else.

Yea mate I'm jealous of Barca. If I wanted to support them then what's stopping me?

Them and Madrid attract all the decent youngsters. It's not Madrid's policy to breed young players in. They just sell them all, often with a buy-back clause and make money through that.

So effectively, Barca have the pick of any half-decent youngster in Spain (as well as some foreign ones), as they would know if Eto'o and Mata couldn't get a game at Madrid, then they probably won't.

So Barca bring these players through, then give them massive amounts of money in wages.....they have one of the highest wage bills in the world. Although saying that, they're not above spending - 15 on Song, 14 on Alba, 30 on Fabregas, 30 on Sanchez, 18.5 on Mascherano, 56 on Ibrahimovich and 34 on Villa.....over the last four seasons.

I'm guessing the pace thing isn't directed at me as I've never said anything like that I don't think. Like the best pundit on tv Gary Neville was saying Monday night, unless you're winning the ball back in the opposition half, to get back up the pitch you need either pace or be able to pass the ball well.

At the time, I thought we were an awful side under Kean in his 1st half season, but when I look back now, with decent players like Samba, the Jones' and Nzonzi performing well, and the direct and/or counter-attacking pace of Olsson. Hoilett and Mame Diouf, we weren't all that bad (only compared to how rubbish we would be next year).

Lennon's been good this year, has improved on his crossing in recent seasons....Obertan and Marcus Olsson have pace, they're shocking.....Adam Gemili ran 100m in the olympics....he played for Thurrock, the commentator mentioned once.

It's just an important attribute to have, but not the be all and end all. Who was the quickest player in our side after Bellamy left? Bentley maybe? Yet we were a quality side under Hughes then.

It's also admirable the way they have made charities their sponsours as with Unicef a few years ago.

A Spanish guy once told me their intention was always not to have a sponsor, so when they did, they could charge massive amounts for it. I believe that's what happened recently. He was a Madrid fan though so could have been talking b**llocks.

Archived