BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Beamo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told by a friend many months ago that Beamo was due to retire this summer so there is nothing untoward in this at all as far as I am aware.

Nothing against the guy personally but not sure what his qualifications for the job other than being a former player were in the first place and arguably never have the words "Premiership gravy train" been so apt.

At the end of the day Ken was in the right place at the the right time for him.

For me his real claim to fame from a supporters perspective was as a result of his playing prowess.

'Beamo' was for a shot spooned over the bar. He was a striker but Don Martin and John Omara were prolific by comparison.

He had a sun tan and looked the part but should have stayed at Port Vale

I was told by a friend many months ago that Beamo was due to retire this summer so there is nothing untoward in this at all as far as I am aware.

Nothing against the guy personally but not sure what his qualifications for the job other than being a former player were in the first place and arguably never have the words "Premiership gravy train" been so apt.

There is gossip about surrounding Beamo's departure and the abruptness suggests that this was not, perhaps, as planned as you may think.

The word is he voiced concerns over the lack of Sponsorship and thought Rovers exec boxes were impossible to fill.

So in other words not SK, relegation or Venkys themselves were to blame for that but it was all good old Beamo's fault. The usual denial of the obvious then :( From what i know of him he was a decent bloke who was blue and white through and through, so what if he's done alright for himself at least he had the club at heart.

Greg Coar. Is this any relation to Coar the chairman/director/chief exec.

The same Coar who in the seventies "waved " the supporters coach off from Ewood on a Tuesday lunchtime as we headed off to Exeter for a league cup game with the words " You lot are crazy going to Exeter. I will be at turf moor watching burnley v spurs and will be in bed fast asleep when you get back.

Never forgiven this Judas.

The same Coar who in the seventies "waved " the supporters coach off from Ewood on a Tuesday lunchtime as we headed off to Exeter for a league cup game with the words " You lot are crazy going to Exeter. I will be at turf moor watching burnley v spurs and will be in bed fast asleep when you get back.

Nearly as bad as Beamish who walked away from me and my 8 year old daughter when I non aggressively complained about being abused , sworn at and threatened by Man Utd supporters "enjoying" corporate entertainment. More interested in not upsetting these corporate drunks and thugs rather than non-corporate Rovers fans.

I am not sorry to see him go.

Think its been answered before but he is not related

I had a chat with a client of mine who is involved in (I'll say things) at football grounds. He said Ken was good to deal with, and although he was getting on decided to retire/leave due to (as he put it) being fed up with all the comings and goings at the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived