BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds away travel issues

Jock

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive seen some posts about trouble at away games. I know some are against the 'Kean Out' chants.

Jock Ive organised Darwen Blues trips for years. They have always been great trips.

As true supporters, it should be about the day out, enjoyment that you've forked out for and commeradary amongst friends.

We want our Club to be something we can all get behind and support and be proud of. Despite whatever we all despise Kean as an individual but still love BRFC.

Main thing is we stick together.

I've travelled on official away coaches for years and never seen any problems with Ewood Blues. Whilst I know it might be unpopular to say it but there are large numbers of fans who don't come on these boards who are far from impressed by the antics of Mr. Mullan and his group. It shouldn't spill over into what happened on the car park at Leeds yesterday but, sadly, merely underlines that it is impossible to get the fanbase united because there are so many different and strongly held views.

I've travelled on official away coaches for years and never seen any problems with Ewood Blues. Whilst I know it might be unpopular to say it but there are large numbers of fans who don't come on these boards who are far from impressed by the antics of Mr. Mullan and his group. It shouldn't spill over into what happened on the car park at Leeds yesterday but, sadly, merely underlines that it is impossible to get the fanbase united because there are so many different and strongly held views.

I do not know what happened in the car park at Leeds yesterday. I was told from a friend of mine awhile that ewood blues understand the reasons for the protests etc. But believe that it should be put aside for the time the match is being played. After all it is common knowledge that rovers fans want kean out - so why continue to chant it? Who are they chanting too? Protest by all means, apart from during match tme. Anyway that was the view that was given to me.

Don't know any of them myself but at mk dons two of the “ewood blues” in their 60s/70s had to be restrained from fighting each other over Christ knows what. One little fella in blue and white flat cap then had to be restrained from chinning his wife in the same melee. Tad embarrassing. Then during the game one fella with them was unhappy at the Kean out stuff then 2 mins late gave kean a volley of abuse that was unrivalled for hatred. Also at stoke away one of them got chinned for saying something inflammatory. As my mate said at the time its like a bipolar blues.

The size of the egos held by some fans of this football club is incredible. You are absolute nobodies - you follow a football team, that's it. The fact that some think that gives them some kind of status is unbelievable. They must lead very empty lives to be behaving in this way.

Some of them are a bigger disgrace than Venky's could ever be.

The size of the egos held by some fans of this football club is incredible. You are absolute nobodies - you follow a football team, that's it. The fact that some think that gives them some kind of status is unbelievable. They must lead very empty lives to be behaving in this way.

I agree completely. I have even heard of one referred to as 'Mr Blackburn Rovers'.

100% completely agree.

All supporters are equal in their support for Rovers, irrespective of how old you happen to be (ie - that you 'were there in 1916, away at Cheltenham, Them wer' days, lad').

Some people need to grow up and get overselves.

You're watching a game of football, not doing something important.

It's the same all over the world. You probably get 50 year old punks banging on about how the 18 year olds know nothing because they never saw The Clash in some village hall in 1975 before they released their first single. These kind of people annoy me, as they think they're 'better' than fans who can't go to every game for whatever reason, and that their views should be revered like those of a Ghandi or a Darwin.

Certain individuals who travel with that party would rather cause hassle than just enjoy the footie . Can't say I really saw much hassle during the game . Certainly not where we was sat . After the game there was around 10 of their party looking for altercations on the car park . Was more a lot of hot wind followed by words on social networks . quite pathetic really .

One of the lads who was with us and is a 20 year plus season ticket holder snapped at the abuse being thrown his way . We had to pull him away and usher him onto the coach , and left the police to deal with the instigators.

5 games in including cup and so far every match has been marred by individuals from this group causing trouble , and being violent .

Ipswich - assaulted a female supporter and child, whilst abusing at least 10 supporters includiing Preston blue and one or two others on this board .

Hull- reports of more verbal abuse and threats in Blackburn end , aimed at people I know who sit over there including our group secretary

Leicester - violent altercations in Blackburn end , more threats and abuse . Followed by a group of 30 making their way upto the brown cow after the match demanding that people should of asked their permission before joining any groups , or having an opinion

Mk dons- chants hoping certain people die and more abuse this time towards disabled action group members. Complaints been made

Leeds- more abuse in stands , concourse , toilet and car park , with at least 20 different supporters having their day ruined by the same party

So all in all a sorry state if affairs , this group shout kean out throughout games , then use the kean out excuse that people shouldn't say it as a cop out to condone their actions . So in my opinion yes they do have a problem with other people travelling away , they constantly bait people claiming to be the true and real fans .

Some of them go away just to get drunk , and even say this Is what it's all about , true fans getting drunk on away days.

Personally I go to football to enjoy the match as a family . I went yesterday with my wife daughter and father who is quite ill at present . He had a great day and it was nice to spend some quality time with him

The clubs problems extend much further than the manager , and there has been no protest for months. Yet these same people, spurred on by others give abuse and threats and goad many people on social network sites etc.

One thing which can't be thrown at the action group is reports of violent behaviour and arrests , because there has not been any.

We always report this stuff straight to the police and the club , because there is no place for it in modern society.

Yes have a different opinion , but don't enforce it on others by abusing them , threatening them and attacking them.

The way I see it we all support the same team and ultimately I think everyone wants the same thing to be a premiership club without Kean as the manager. The differences only come in how the best way to achieve that is.

But this group particularly if these stories are true seem to be absolute pond life and appears as though they have a divine entitlement to have final say on all matters Blackburn rovers.

Im just a normal bloke who goes home and away with his mates few drinks and try to have a laugh (very difficult with venkean admittedly) why cant people just do the same. With all these group affiliations its like this monty python sketch (just replace Romans with burnley/kean and all these groups we have):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE

No Rovers fans should be threatened by another at home or away matches. Theres enough idiots from other teams fans who will be after causing trouble towards us. Away games should be a chance to have a good drink and chat, hopefully meet some friendly locals and support Rovers.

I'd like to think we'd all look out for each other in some of the rougher towns and cities.

I dont believe in this 'i'm a super fan, because i travel everywhere' rubbish. People live busy lives now and alot of fans havnt the time and money to watch every Rovers match.

• Backroom

When did being a football fan become so political? One of the reasons I left the fans forum was so I could go back to being just a fan without label

It's all a bit pathetic, certain groups abusing others, certain groups not attending events becuase of the pubs chosen, both sides thinking they are the real true fans etc etc

The life of Brian clip sums it up perfectly

When did being a football fan become so political? One of the reasons I left the fans forum was so I could go back to being just a fan without label

It's all a bit pathetic, certain groups abusing others, certain groups not attending events becuase of the pubs chosen, both sides thinking they are the real true fans etc etc

The life of Brian clip sums it up perfectly

I couldn't agree more Tom. Some of these fans seem to have bigger egos than Kean.

Certain individuals who travel with that party would rather cause hassle than just enjoy the footie . Can't say I really saw much hassle during the game . Certainly not where we was sat . After the game there was around 10 of their party looking for altercations on the car park . Was more a lot of hot wind followed by words on social networks . quite pathetic really .

One of the lads who was with us and is a 20 year plus season ticket holder snapped at the abuse being thrown his way . We had to pull him away and usher him onto the coach , and left the police to deal with the instigators.

5 games in including cup and so far every match has been marred by individuals from this group causing trouble , and being violent .

Ipswich - assaulted a female supporter and child, whilst abusing at least 10 supporters includiing Preston blue and one or two others on this board .

Just to be clear, the individual you mention has never travelled on the Ewood Blues coach. I've spoken to Birdy (who hasnt read this thread) and others who travel who state anything on the car park was not related to their coach. I've been travelling on Ewood Blues for 16 years so know a good few of them, and can say that in all my time I can only recall a couple of arrests.

Just to be clear, the individual you mention has never travelled on the Ewood Blues coach. I've spoken to Birdy (who hasnt read this thread) and others who travel who state anything on the car park was not related to their coach. I've been travelling on Ewood Blues for 16 years so know a good few of them, and can say that in all my time I can only recall a couple of arrests.

This is not one individual sadly , as the home games that particular individual (if u mean the one from ipswich ) does not attend. There is around 10 supporters who DO travel with the Ewood blues, and a number of them went to the cow last week looking for trouble, and caused a scene which was not appreciated by their regulars

The ones who were causing trouble yesterday were all on their coach as my Facebook wall clearly shows , (not nice getting home to the language used on my wall ) for something I was not even involved with

There's been a problem with pond life travelling away with BRFC for years. I'm no prude but I can't stand ignorance and boorish behaviour. 'It's not big and it's not clever' is a message lost on such lowlife.

I'd be much more likely to travel to away matches if clubs provided two sections for away supporters, one behind the goals and one in the stands down the side.

I can handle the abuse , does that make it right for them to abuse everyone else ?

It's comments like this which galvanises the point , grow up

Grow up? You sound like an 11 year old child the way you go on sometimes. If you've got issues with people then have it out with them in person instead of bleating about if on here. I won't have you slating Ewood Blues as a group either, I've travelled with then plenty of times and I'm good mates with a lot of them.

Archived