BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds away travel issues

Jock

I wasn't saying the club are paying idiots to travel and target protestors. Just saying is it beyond reason to think they would

If the answer is no then there's no need for the usual BRFCS histrionics

It was a genuine question?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never seen any trouble involving Rovers fans at any away game in 30 odd years.

I've read a lot of reports re trouble towards the end of last and the beginning of this season. Like ED I think there is a certain amount of embellishment to these reports and I'm unsure why.

I was at fulham a few years ago when some rovers fans were removed. This was just before the kick off. They were just drunken, abusive idiots.

What are the authorities going to do Braddock? Ban every swearing, drunk fan? There would hardly be any bugger left.

Stewards quite righly throw out those that cross the line, bit you know what a sizeable away crowd is going to get rowdy.

The non message board fan would find threads like these hillarious.

What are the authorities going to do Braddock? Ban every swearing, drunk fan? There would hardly be any bugger left.

Stewards quite righly throw out those that cross the line, bit you know what a sizeable away crowd is going to get rowdy.

The non message board fan would find threads like these hillarious.

Considering this thread has included disabled supporters being abused and a woman being spat on by a young man (gender shouldn't play a role I know, but it just shocks me more) this isn't just a bit of drunkenness and swearing. I don't think it's an endemic and I'm not saying it's something unique to our club but it's certainly something that should not be ignored. There is little that the stewards can do more than carry on as they are, which does not include banning anyone for swearing.

I don't see why the things I have highlighted in this post would be laughed at by non messageboard fans who had any respect for common decency and I'm sorry if you disagree with me.

Everytime i read this forum that same person always seems to be making sly digs against his own fans.

And I was quick to praise them early today when i saw that they had apparently been great at the Leed's game. I'll praise where I see fit and criticise where I see fit. There hasn't been much to praise recently.

Are people actually morally outraged about rowdy lads on away trips?

Christ sake, it's a football crowd.

Afraid some folk are these days. Especially if done in front of kids/ I have not seen violent behaviour at a match for awhile, involvng rovers fans.

Like Ste B, I've gone on the Ewood Blues coaches for many a year.

What you need to remember is that a lot of their travellers (and a good percentage of fans in general) don't go on brfcs.com, don't know much about Anderson, Kean's alleged treachery and so on, they just 'get behind the lads'.

They don't think Kean should be manager, but he's here, they've little time for Venky's, but they're here as well. So, 'you just get on with it.'

The fanbase will never unite at least until that man is removed.

When my wife and I are able to come up to Blackburn. If Rovers are away we use the official coaches. Again never seen any trouble. So find comments on this thread about Ewood blues and trouble strange.

And I was quick to praise them early today when i saw that they had apparently been great at the Leed's game. I'll praise where I see fit and criticise where I see fit. There hasn't been much to praise recently.

Well i didnt mention any names but as they say if the cap fits....

Just don't see why you have to have the sly digs . We al l want Rovers to win and enjoy the day.

Are people actually morally outraged about rowdy lads on away trips?

Christ sake, it's a football crowd.

Back to the original point, 'rowdy lads' searching out individual Rovers fans to have a go at them is way out of order.

In my day you had a go at the home fans, are the modern 'rowdy lads' too soft for that?

Certain individuals who travel with that party would rather cause hassle than just enjoy the footie . Can't say I really saw much hassle during the game . Certainly not where we was sat . After the game there was around 10 of their party looking for altercations on the car park . Was more a lot of hot wind followed by words on social networks . quite pathetic really .

One of the lads who was with us and is a 20 year plus season ticket holder snapped at the abuse being thrown his way . We had to pull him away and usher him onto the coach , and left the police to deal with the instigators.

5 games in including cup and so far every match has been marred by individuals from this group causing trouble , and being violent .

Ipswich - assaulted a female supporter and child, whilst abusing at least 10 supporters includiing Preston blue and one or two others on this board .

Hull- reports of more verbal abuse and threats in Blackburn end , aimed at people I know who sit over there including our group secretary

Leicester - violent altercations in Blackburn end , more threats and abuse . Followed by a group of 30 making their way upto the brown cow after the match demanding that people should of asked their permission before joining any groups , or having an opinion

Mk dons- chants hoping certain people die and more abuse this time towards disabled action group members. Complaints been made

Leeds- more abuse in stands , concourse , toilet and car park , with at least 20 different supporters having their day ruined by the same party

So all in all a sorry state if affairs , this group shout kean out throughout games , then use the kean out excuse that people shouldn't say it as a cop out to condone their actions . So in my opinion yes they do have a problem with other people travelling away , they constantly bait people claiming to be the true and real fans .

Some of them go away just to get drunk , and even say this Is what it's all about , true fans getting drunk on away days.

Personally I go to football to enjoy the match as a family . I went yesterday with my wife daughter and father who is quite ill at present . He had a great day and it was nice to spend some quality time with him

The clubs problems extend much further than the manager , and there has been no protest for months. Yet these same people, spurred on by others give abuse and threats and goad many people on social network sites etc.

One thing which can't be thrown at the action group is reports of violent behaviour and arrests , because there has not been any.

We always report this stuff straight to the police and the club , because there is no place for it in modern society.

Yes have a different opinion , but don't enforce it on others by abusing them , threatening them and attacking them.

I find the majority of this post very hard to believe.

IMHO of course there are drunken rowdy fans and I would suggest that there are very few on here who have never had a few beers and been loud and loutish in behaviour at a football match. I did not like the atmosphere and verbal abuse directed towards ethnic minorities a couple ofseasons agowhen I did go to numerous away matches.

It does not surprise me that some are using the current situation at our once proud club to facilitate even worsebehaviour and also the apparent censuring of others thoughts and opinions.

How do you move forward? Identify the culprits and do all that is possible to prevent them attending in the future.

IMHO of course there are drunken rowdy fans and I would suggest that there are very few on here who have never had a few beers and been loud and loutish in behaviour at a football match. I did not like the atmosphere and verbal abuse directed towards ethnic minorities a couple ofseasons agowhen I did go to numerous away matches.

It does not surprise me that some are using the current situation at our once proud club to facilitate even worsebehaviour and also the apparent censuring of others thoughts and opinions.

How do you move forward? Identify the culprits and do all that is possible to prevent them attending in the future.

Racist chanting of any kind is done by scum. No matter what team they support.

I remember a pretty disgusting racist Owen Coyle chant a few yeara back which certainly put me off going.

At Hull was the most ferocious, strangely. It was not as if only a few hundred joined in also. Horrible

• Backroom

That's the most I've ever been embarrassed to be a rovers fan, away at Bolton and Wigan that season were terrible

A load of young lads thinking they were big hard men trying to cause bother, I think it was the same season they embarrassed the club at the train station at the reebok post match

Having been involved in starting up the singing end over there at the start of 09/10, the only thing we were trying to do is get a section of fans together who were a bit more positive towards the players and Big Sam than some in the B'Burn End often were at the time. I don't think anyone who's been there from that first season thinks we're in any way better than other fans. Of course since then the protest group, away fan groups and B'burn Enders have moved over so they might think differently. But its definitely not a general opinion of fans over there.

Is that really when people started moving over there properly?

Jesus. I went over there for the Sheffield Wednesday game in 2002! Got smacked in the head with a few coins that day. And I was only 16.

It was always my preference as I liked being near to the away fans for the "banter". (Blow-up sheep towards the Wednesday fans? Legendary!) But the occasional game in the Blackburn End to butcher a chant or twenty was always mandatory too.

Good times. *Sigh* It's a shame because if I can't remember the game, I remember the atmosphere, and the people around me on that particular match day. Now I remember it for the wrong reasons, which is why I've stopped going altogether.

If you want my two-penniesworth on the matter, these divides are the tippy-tip of the iceberg. Our fanbase is going to implode, and it's taking Blackburn Rovers FOOTBALL Club down, along with the actions of a certain (read: cretin) manager.

Every club has sections. We're no different. But it cannot come to parking lot brawls, or whatever happened at Leeds. And it's wrong to point the blame on one person (Glen, for example) for the actions of a groups members for example, although the same is practised by the FA/FL/PL who will punish the club for the actions of their fans.

Might I suggest that if a fan is seen to be causing trouble and is a member of a group, that someone hierarchical of said group have a word with that individual? If the member understands he/she is representing said group, maybe they will think twice before starting something or retaliating?

I have noticed that our away support, even before Venky's and Kean, was becoming more rowdy and moronic over time, particular with local derbies and cheaper away tickets. In general I would have to say it was chavs between 18-25 looking for a macho try-out and that stimulating fun of getting the "c" word into a song.

The demographic is obviously going to change over time. Sadly, society is full of these idiots as a whole, so we're bound to be sharing a stadium with them.

As someone said earlier, I blame the parents, but also the surroundings they put themselves in. But heck, that's another conversation entirely. :)

Archived