BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds away travel issues

Jock

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the most I've ever been embarrassed to be a rovers fan, away at Bolton and Wigan that season were terrible

A load of young lads thinking they were big hard men trying to cause bother, I think it was the same season they embarrassed the club at the train station at the reebok post match

There was alot of racist chanting last season, it was a minority of fans. I tried complaining to the club and also to stewards but nothing was really done about it, was particularly bad at the Wigan game. Previous to last season I had never been directly abused by our own fans, in fact there had only ever been a couple of occassions when it happened over the 25 years that I have been going to games.

In the end I got sick and tired of it, so since the Wigan away game I have been travelling to away games but always sat with the home supporters, it's far from an ideal situation but it's better than being racially absued.

There was alot of racist chanting last season, it was a minority of fans. I tried complaining to the club and also to stewards but nothing was really done about it, was particularly bad at the Wigan game. Previous to last season I had never been directly abused by our own fans, in fact there had only ever been a couple of occassions when it happened over the 25 years that I have been going to games.

In the end I got sick and tired of it, so since the Wigan away game I have been travelling to away games but always sat with the home supporters, it's far from an ideal situation but it's better than being racially absued.

So so sad.

It seems to me to be little scrotes that have no respect for anyone that are like this. Some kids these days have been dragged up.

Awful. Hopefully these fans are boycotting all games this season and never return or have got bored and moved on to something else (and obviously I'm not making a connection between boycotters and this behaviour - I'm just hoping they won't be around).

I went to watch Sheff Wednesday at Oldham last season, didn’t witness any trouble, but lets just say they had around 50-100 lads that would happily have fought with the home fans had the need arisen. We don’t have a problem In the grand scheme of things, just a few young lads who don’t know any better who seem to come out from Wigan and Bolton away, its not right, but its not as big of a problem as some would make out.

Anyway this thread seems to have lost its direction, its not about the fan base in general, its about a small group of supporters who seem intent on imposing there will on the others who do not toe the party line which frankly if true is pathetic.

I went to watch Sheff Wednesday at Oldham last season, didn’t witness any trouble, but lets just say they had around 50-100 lads that would happily have fought with the home fans had the need arisen. We don’t have a problem In the grand scheme of things, just a few young lads who don’t know any better who seem to come out from Wigan and Bolton away, its not right, but its not as big of a problem as some would make out.

Anyway this thread seems to have lost its direction, its not about the fan base in general, its about a small group of supporters who seem intent on imposing there will on the others who do not toe the party line which frankly if true is pathetic.

Who?

Some may think it is a recent thing, since we have Indian owners. Which I do not believe it is. Even if it was, there is still no need for it. These racist scum are just ignorant low life.

• Backroom

That's disgusting mate

After that Bolton game I wrote to John Williams, he of course responded and promised to send more of our own stewards to keep an eye on things

I dont see the word "sorry" anywhere in this tread.

...If you think you have nothing to apologise for and that every word you have utterd or sent in the direction of another is 100 and you stand by it, FINE!

But until you eat humble pie, these argument will escalte ......

So leader! make public apology and get on with support ing our club.

I dont see the word "sorry" anywhere in this tread.

...If you think you have nothing to apologise for and that every word you have utterd or sent in the direction of another is 100 and you stand by it, FINE!

But until you eat humble pie, these argument will escalte ......

So leader! make public apology and get on with support ing our club.

I have no idea what your post is about.

Back to the original point, 'rowdy lads' searching out individual Rovers fans to have a go at them is way out of order.

In my day you had a go at the home fans, are the modern 'rowdy lads' too soft for that?

Nail on the head. We've plenty of drunken youngsters at away games who sing more songs to the opposition fans than they do to their own team. Than after the game they seemingly vanish. As you say getting at vulnerable groups amongst their own support seems to now classify as being a "lad".

Start coming away with us. We may be lovers not fighters (and past our physical prime) but I'm imagine none of the lads (and lasses) I go with would stand for that.

Very sad and sick. These Pollocks want exposing. Very sorry to read your post Kamy.

That is disgusting Kamy and I don`t blame you at all for not wanting to be subjected to that again. Its funny how people keep mentioning Wigan away last year, this was my only away game last season, and i was likewise pretty disgusted by our "away" supporters. Two fights between our own fans, to my right, and in front of me. A large group of young lads who I can only put in the "Chav" category, with too much beer, testoterone and god knows what else, may the atmosphere really uncomfortable. I also think this may have been the game that Glen`s family was threatened, and or he was hit/punched by someone.

Needless to say, I haven`t been to an away game since that - really poor considering its all down to our own fans.

Glen-There`s an Action Group Marketing idea here-Away Travel Tissues.

"Clean up those away day mishaps with our new formula Away Day Travel Tissues. One wipe and the blood is almost unnoticeable"

*Just my little joke, no offence. Carry on.*

Seriously, is there any real need for this post ? surely you are just adding to the animosity that is obviously brewing, or is that the actual intention Ozz ?

i may be wrong, but your post seems to have an underlying motive of condoning violence. If I am wrong, then apologies as I have misunderstood and it may have been tongue in cheek

Seriously, is there any real need for this post ? surely you are just adding to the animosity that is obviously brewing, or is that the actual intention Ozz ?

i may be wrong, but your post seems to have an underlying motive of condoning violence. If I am wrong, then apologies as I have misunderstood and it may have been tongue in cheek

To be honest he did say it was a joke. Though it is not even a good one.

• Moderation Lead

There really are some pricks that comprise our fanbase.

On the coach to Ipswich away there was someone who had to get kicked off and left near Nottingham because he was too smashed and started scrapping with people- this was circa 10am bear in mind.

I was away at the weekend, so have absolutely zero clue what happened, but from what I can gather, it's a small minority trying to turn everything into a 'willy-waving contest.' Pathetic specimen.

FFS everyone, whats the issue after all or have I missed something?

An away trip following Rovers should be an enjoyable day out, the result normally dictates whether it was just good or great!

There has always been the odd idiot and will always be divergent opinions, just deal with it as we always have.

Is the best part not a great following, raising the roof in support of the team?

There have been some horrible incidents recently home and away with rovers (Stoke a couple of years ago being the main one in my mind), but these in generaly pale in significance with other clubs behaviour. We rarely take 1,000 or more away so it's a lot more obvious to the rest of us when the "pond life" make a nuisance in a crowd of 700 or so. Rovers ain't that bad, but any racist chanting is a f**king disgrace. The first time it really upset me was away at Feyernoord.

So sorry for your experiences Kamy, it makes me cry mate.

Since moving away from the North West a year ago I haven't made it up to Ewood for some time, and recently due to financial problems I have not attended a match this season...BUT I just booked some nice cheap mega bus tickets to Bristol next week! Can't wait. It's so good being back in work and back on the road with the club I love so much. A bit of rowdiness should be expected at away games, but obviously there are lines that should not (but will be crossed). Like so many others have said we are making mountains out of mole hills too often. Let's keep raising the roof like the above poster said, Rovers away support can be one of the most exhilirating, emotional and amazing experiences to be a part of.

Listen to Matty Blue, he knows the score. You going Bristol by the way mate? Been too long!

Archived