BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best goal of the month ever?

Lhrover

Dang if only I could find the video.. there was an insane month in 95/96 with Shearer, Yeboah (one of his best goals), Cantona, sheringham, Berkamp (was either his first or second goal for Le Arse) and a few other wonder goals.... :(

Edit: Sure it was Sept 95 would love to find that vid again

One of the disadvantages of watching brilliant compilations like that, is the stark reminder of how good things used to be compared to the wounded animal of a club we have now.

They should frogmarch Kean and the Owners out of Ewood Park in handcuffs.

It is indeed sad to watch compared to today.

I read that Bentley has gone on loan to a Russian outfit. If he would have stayed his England cap drawer would have a good few in it.

Remember that reaction from Mark Hughes .... was it really 6 years ago ? Vibrancy and talent in that team and in the dugout compared to now makes you want to weep.

Don't it just. Not a week goes by where I don't long for Sparky's Rovers. They had a reputation for clogging and bruising (they did their fair share),but we all knew there was a helluva lot more to 'em and studs and elbows.

Scholes was so much like Tugays against Spurs. For me it has to be Van Persie, the man is Bergkamp reincarnated. Love Drogbas though and Bentley what can I say. What a waste of a career. Anyone know which won?

Scholes. I thought I remembered it won goal of the season but that's the curse of passing years. http://news.bbc.co.u...day/6709225.stm

Scholes surely?

I was sat right on the line of the top corner that Bentley's flew in to, it was in all the way. I think that was the game Benni scored a hattrick of offside goals.

Then he scored one that wasn't disallowed and threw the ball to the linesman and got booked haha.

Scholes is the rightful winner....it's all about goals that are just pure technique....it's why Van Persie's against Everton was the best last season imo ahead of the likes of Cisse and Ben Arfa.

Archived