BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Staff Being Made Redundant At Ewood

Ralfinho

One of my good friends told me last week that she, and others, had been served one weeks notice. They werent given any explanation to why they were loosing their jobs and were told to return their complimentary season tickets and that they werent getting any redundancy money. I have since spoken to her and she said once she has a new job then she will be going to the press to "let them know" what exactly is going on behind the scenes at Ewood Park.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool.

Now that really confirms you as a troll.

I was told that the staff at Rovers were informed that after the May round of redundancies, no more were needed as a consequence of relegation.

I believe a whole department was let go at the beginning of August and now it seems more staff are paying for Kean with their jobs.

One of my good friends told me last week that she, and others, had been served one weeks notice. They werent given any explanation to why they were loosing their jobs and were told to return their complimentary season tickets and that they werent getting any redundancy money. I have since spoken to her and she said once she has a new job then she will be going to the press to "let them know" what exactly is going on behind the scenes at Ewood Park.

You would think that seeing as they are splashing the cash left right and centre they would try and hold on to staff for one season at least. If we are promoted surely they'd be needed again. Although i suppose with crowds at 13k an boxes etc empty theres not a lot for them to do, if they are matchday staff that is.

once she has a new job then she will be going to the press to "let them know" what exactly is going on behind the scenes at Ewood Park.

Make sure you hold her to that. Did she give you any hints as to what is involved in the "letting them know" process?

Philip. What department was it?

Now that really confirms you as a troll.

I was told that the staff at Rovers were informed that after the May round of redundancies, no more were needed as a consequence of relegation.

I believe a whole department was let go at the beginning of August and now it seems more staff are paying for Kean with their jobs.

Careful, he may be the seceret footballer as well :)

Make sure you hold her to that. Did she give you any hints as to what is involved in the "letting them know" process?

Philip. What department was it?

She didnt sorry. She did say she will let me know when she is going to the press and she sadi she would let me know what she is going to tell them.

Although i suppose with crowds at 13k an boxes etc empty theres not a lot for them to do, if they are matchday staff that is.

That would make sense - why employ an army of people when nobody turns up ? The true cost of people staying away from Rovers may not actually be felt by our owners but by the everyday employee.

Guest Rovers4Good

Yeh my mates girlfriend has just been made redundant.

It's not a good sign of the times at ewood and like everything else they've tried to keep it behind closed doors. :(

First there's not many fans, secondly there's hardly any advertising around the ground, thirdly we don't even have a shirt sponser and lastly we're losing staff left right and centre.

Bad times ahead with this shower in charge and it's not going to change anytime soon :(

• Backroom

That would make sense - why employ an army of people when nobody turns up ? The true cost of people staying away from Rovers may not actually be felt by our owners but by the everyday employee.

Which is in fact the true cost of the owners actions last season and going forward by continuing to employ Steve Kean

Yeh my mates girlfriend has just been made redundant.

It's not a good sign of the times at ewood and like everything else they've tried to keep it behind closed doors. :(

First there's not many fans, secondly there's hardly any advertising around the ground, thirdly we don't even have a shirt sponser and lastly we're losing staff left right and centre.

Bad times ahead with this shower in charge and it's not going to change anytime soon :(

What is your friend called?

That would make sense - why employ an army of people when nobody turns up ? The true cost of people staying away from not being prepared to demonstrate more vociferously - and being prepared to do absolutely nothing - over the past two seasons, may not actually be felt by our owners but by the everyday employee.

While i sympathise with anyone losing their job, Part of this thread smacks of sour grapes.

If there is information about wrong doing at Ewood, Why wait until they've got a new job,

before revealing it.

Not that easy in this recession.

It might be an age thing, I'm 60+, but I am sick and tired of threads on this MB being infested by a girl from Burnley.

It might be an age thing as to why you can't work the ignore function.

It might be an age thing, I'm 60+, but I am sick and tired of threads on this MB being infested by a girl from Burnley.

It's weird. In this thread I said it was cool that we were going to get some insider information and then stuck up for anybody who didn't release it whilst they were unemployed as jobs are valuable in this recession. And then I get this, even though i'm male and from Rishton. Baffling.

I thought the location says Rishton, is someone telling porkies

Nope, another BRFCS conspiracy theory.

To ignore a lady would be impolite. An advantage of age is respect.

Respect is earned, so if you detest me so much, the last thing I want you to do is respect me due to misplaced positive sexism because you feel you should.

Anyway, let's not hiijack the thread with these squabbles. I couldn't help but reply as I was called into question but let's get back on topic.

Nope, another BRFCS conspiracy theory.

Respect is earned, so if you detest me so much, the last thing I want you to do is respect me due to misplaced positive sexism because you feel you should.

Anyway, let's not hiijack the thread with these squabbles. I couldn't help but reply as I was called into question but let's get back on topic.

Whats your view on the redundancies?

Archived