BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Staff Being Made Redundant At Ewood

Ralfinho

Bad luck to all those losing their jobs.

Rovers are a microcosm of everything that is going wrong in wider economy with those in lower paid jobs suffering because of the incompetence of overpaid, under-talented people at the top.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going off this season the department candidates I think have been laid off in their entirity are from

a) Commercial sponsorship

b Ticket Office

c) Community liason

d) Truth, Honesty and Integrity Department

e) Rao Brothers Barber (Venketash shaved his head and beard whilst Bilaji has cut off his pony tail)

Going off this season the department candidates I think have been laid off in their entirity are from

a) Commercial sponsorship

b Ticket Office

c) Community liason

d) Truth, Honesty and Integrity Department

e) Rao Brothers Barber (Venketash shaved his head and beard whilst Bilaji has cut off his pony tail)

One thing is for sure, the bullshit and spin departments have not, probably on overtime as well

Why are there so many paid for expensive cars on the books as well?

Why are there so many paid for expensive cars on the books as well?

Nothing new, happens all the time in the private sector. Ordinary folk losing their jobs while those at the top swan around in tax perks. Morally repugnant, indefensible and unfair. Kean Out. Tories Out.

And we are still paying for Keans minder and chauffeur. I'd like to know how much that has cost and how many jobs could be saved if Kean paid for them himself (as anybody else who feels the need for 'protection' and lost his license thorugh his own stupidity would).

And we are still paying for Keans minder and chauffeur. I'd like to know how much that has cost and how many jobs could be saved if Kean paid for them himself (as anybody else who feels the need for 'protection' and lost his license thorugh his own stupidity would).

Don't forget his driver is apparently on staff now (head of Leibstandarte SK or something), so wonder if payments for "protection" duties are still being made to the most recent of kung fu panda's companies that he formed, that is not in liquidation. Also surely costs for the PR and production of the matchday programme contract would have been reduced now we are a Npower and not a Premier League footiball (sic) club

Rovers are a microcosm of everything that is going wrong in wider economy with those in lower paid jobs suffering because of the incompetence of overpaid, under-talented people at the top.

Jim, I actually think we've found something to agree on.

It seems to me that it is the failing executive that should be made redundant and replaced, not the lower income workers.

Assuming, of course, that they were productive workers and not simply sitting around doing their nails.

Bad luck to all those losing their jobs.

+1

That would make sense - why employ an army of people when nobody turns up ? The true cost of people staying away from Rovers may not actually be felt by our owners but by the everyday employee.

That was I thought as well. The owners are not touched by any boycott, just staff at ewood park.

That was I thought as well. The owners are not touched by any boycott, just staff at ewood park.

Bunkum

The reason people are being made redundant is because the football team got relegated and lost the TV money, not because a few thousand people are boycotting matches.

Bunkum

The reason people are being made redundant is because the football team got relegated and lost the TV money, not because a few thousand people are boycotting matches.

You can't have your cake and eat it. If the boycott was to hurt Venky's in their pockets - something I've read hundreds of times on here - it cannot be deemed to have no impact on the staffing of a club geared for 24,000 customers and not 13,000. What if nobody turned up to home games as some have wished for? Should we still employ hundreds of match-related staff?

Of course, if we knew which areas had been affected - and I cannot for the life of me see why this is a secret - we could all stop speculating and analyse it properly.

Derik shaw said in the meeting we had with him that £3 million was spent on wages at non footballing level , and this needs to be massively reduced in his opinion . He said that there was too many cases of there being a secretary for A secretary and departments were top heavy with individuals who have little to do all day than do their nails (his words)

So on that basis redundancies do not surprise me , and with less customers to deal with through reduced attendees at Ewood it was only a matter of time before people who work there started becoming casualties .

hopefully not many will lose their jobs and the club can find ways of tempting supporters back. Our wage bill is still massive and with reduced income this season the hole needs to be plugged somewhere

Unfortunately they won't/can't do the one thing that would tempt large numbers of us back. No other offer will do the trick. Get rid of Kean and then it might be time to start talking about going back.

I work for northcote at rovers, i have worked all around the stadium, red rose, premier suite, jacks kitchen

Ive not been called into work once yet this season.

Have Northcote not pulled out of Rovers I heard that they were going to.

Derik shaw said in the meeting we had with him that £3 million was spent on wages at non footballing level , and this needs to be massively reduced in his opinion . He said that there was too many cases of there being a secretary for A secretary and departments were top heavy with individuals who have little to do all day than do their nails (his words)

So on that basis redundancies do not surprise me , and with less customers to deal with through reduced attendees at Ewood it was only a matter of time before people who work there started becoming casualties .

hopefully not many will lose their jobs and the club can find ways of tempting supporters back. Our wage bill is still massive and with reduced income this season the hole needs to be plugged somewhere

Perhaps if we didn't spend £8million on a League One centre-forward, or fill the squad with players who are never going to get in the team, or offer huge wages to guys in the mid-30's we might have sufficient cash to keep people employed. Also, if we look at the management we have Agnew, Shaw, Silvester, Shebby etc. perhaps a little culling of the senior management might save a bob or two.

One week's notice and no explanation? I'm not an expert in British legislature, but is that even legal?

Ask Big Sam.

What is for sure is that redundencies were inevitable as with any failing business. BRFC is no different to any other.

All was predicted on here by some nigh on two years ago. I hope all those who were prepared to 'Give Venkys a chance' two years ago have learnt a valuable if costly lesson. Any blame for putting Blackburn people out of work is squarely down to those from the Indian sub-continent ..... again. History simply repeating itself.

One week's notice and no explanation? I'm not an expert in British legislature, but is that even legal?

It is if they are classed as contract staff and have a contract which states 1 weeks noticed or a 1 week rolling contract. If they where permanent staff then it can be a different thing but yet again it will be in there contract.

Before they leave they should get a copy of it if they have not already got one.

Perhaps if we didn't spend £8million on a League One centre-forward, or fill the squad with players who are never going to get in the team, or offer huge wages to guys in the mid-30's we might have sufficient cash to keep people employed. Also, if we look at the management we have Agnew, Shaw, Silvester, Shebby etc. perhaps a little culling of the senior management might save a bob or two.

You seem to be suggesting that money would be better spent on support staff than on players.

Really?

Jim, I actually think we've found something to agree on.

It seems to me that it is the failing executive that should be made redundant and replaced, not the lower income workers.

Assuming, of course, that they were productive workers and not simply sitting around doing their nails.

Speaking of which...... I can't confirm this but I was informed last week that Ken Beamish had been shown the door with immediate effect.

OOPs!!! My apologies......... I've just noticed a thread that was started on here 4 days ago!

You can't have your cake and eat it. If the boycott was to hurt Venky's in their pockets - something I've read hundreds of times on here - it cannot be deemed to have no impact on the staffing of a club geared for 24,000 customers and not 13,000. What if nobody turned up to home games as some have wished for? Should we still employ hundreds of match-related staff?

Of course, if we knew which areas had been affected - and I cannot for the life of me see why this is a secret - we could all stop speculating and analyse it properly.

Nobody wants to have cake and eat it, the facts of the matter are we're losing staff because we went down, simple as that.

Thats not the fans fault, its Venkys and Keans fault.

Just as a side issue, the football in the community is usually the first to go in such situations, or has been at other relegated clubs from the premiership.

Archived