BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Staff Being Made Redundant At Ewood

Ralfinho

Well Shebby is on record as saying no one has or will lose their jobs as a result of relegation. Check the recording at KGH. Anyone who has lost their job, should be joining together and going to the press and asking him why he isn't a man of his word. Maybe it's another "general football point" though.

It stands to reason for example less crowds equals less stewards, less catering staff etc.

If people are entitled to redundancy, they will get the legal minimum, it's a basic right.

As for the reasons, that's our owners fault. This didn't need to happen, but they didn't change what was and still is the biggest problem.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody wants to have cake and eat it, the facts of the matter are we're losing staff because we went down, simple as that.

Thats not the fans fault, its Venkys and Keans fault.

As with any failing business the fault lies entirely with the management, but you cannot deny that fans boycotting the club doesn't help. Tesco would close if shoppers boycotted their stores and Rovers are no different.

Hardly suprising... less commercial clients to deal with, lack of sponsorship deals, and smaller ticket sales - only makes sense that less staff are needed.

Maybe not alone but which other teams boasts a loss of 7000 fans this season ? Stock answer is NOT A SINGLE CLUB OTHER THAN ROVERS.

Thought the loss was less than that now? (Im not sure, and not spoiling for an arguement - genuine question)

Didn't our Director of Operations say a few wins and the crowds will come flooding back or words to that effect in a LET interview? obviously the only reason supporters are staying away in his eyes, so no need for redundancies using his logic

Looking from a business perspective - unless these people have key skills that would be difficult to replace or require significant retraining - why keep them on when you can just rehire when things turn around ?

Looking from a business perspective - unless these people have key skills that would be difficult to replace or require significant retraining - why keep them on when you can just rehire when things turn around ?

It's called loyalty and sticking together as a group, as Kean is so fond of mentioning, through good times and bad.

Doubt if little imagination has been shown. If it was my business, I would have first been looking to see if all the staff could be retained but working on a reduced hours basis. Would have kept them in a job and retained the 'family feel', that's if it still exists under the new regime.

It's called loyalty and sticking together as a group, as Kean is so fond of mentioning, through good times and bad.

Doubt if little imagination has been shown. If it was my business, I would have first been looking to see if all the staff could be retained but working on a reduced hours basis. Would have kept them in a job and retained the 'family feel', that's if it still exists under the new regime.

+10 and well said

WoW - you have really bought into the Chicken Farming concept. And on that basis is Kean the Cock?

All this says to me is the enigma that now owns / operate as BRFC, want to get rid of anything pre Venkykeanscum era.

What was a well run "family" business, is now a soulless entity that has hijacked the name, the colours & the badge.

WE WANT OUR ROVERS BACK!

Perhaps fans forum could ask at their meeting tonight about the redundancies ?

We did ask how many have been made redundant since we were relegated ;) You'll have to wait for the minutes, but theres been no mass cull of departments.

We did ask how many have been made redundant since we were relegated ;) You'll have to wait for the minutes, but theres been no mass cull of departments.

I find the smiley a bit bizarre given that people have lost there jobs?

The one thing that pisses me right off is people losing their jobs because one man could not admit he was rubbish at his job and given the employment opportunites in Blackburn are so poor it riles me innocent people are got rid off while the shiny headed one swans around like he owns the place and to cap it off gets rewarded for being rubbish at his job one thing I would like the next reporter to ask coco is whether he feels guilty that due to his own incompetence people have lost their jobs?. Also another major question that needs asking all players/staff have taken a wage cut since relegation he should maybe take a cut of his own ill gotten wage packet but I seriously doubt he will.

This is desperately sad news for those involved.

Even Rovers under Venky's, I think, ensure, legally, that the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed where employment rights are concerned, so I would be 90% certain that the correct process, notice periods and statutory redundancy terms have been adhered to. As regards to discretionary terms, the club can simply do as they see fit and whereas messrs Williams, Finn etc would have been more compassionate and caring, It's not too difficult to imagime the current regime being less so.

Re Glen9Mullan's points above - Firstly, I would have thought the three million will include several 'big hitters' (cost wise) such as executive directors, and Shebby, I imagine, is very, very expensive. Most likely, the people who are losing their jobs will yield savings that are relatively chicken sh1t in the scheme of things. IMV, the three million is 'spin' and nonsense as in reality three million would roughly equate to a 110 people at fully costed national average wage levels and I would think that many affected are on wages significantly below national average wage levels. so you would probably be talking about 150 people (and we clearly aren't !!!).

What really galls me is that our first team has a management team of 4 (Kean, Black, Brunskill & Hendry). Even Fergie only has an assistant and a coach. Cost of these 4 is probably around the two million mark. How about losing one of those four and allowing 10 to 15 others to retain their jobs ! At least it would be leading by example !!!

A fine summation. Our Club is having its Heart and Soul ripped out.

Philip mentioned a whole department had been culled

Here's one thing we should never ever forget from good old Bradley Bum Licker

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7738999/Orr-backing-for-Kean

Yep. Let's all take on board & believe a suck up after 3 months at the club.

Why do all the TV stooges swallow & broadcast this sh#t. Money talks,money talks, dirty cash I want you.

It's all flowing in the same circles.

Players/ agents/ TV pundits/corrupt scum owners.

I'd not heard that either, not sure who said a whole department had been closed, has it actually been said?

This is a really really odd one. We had (have?) an interview lined up with one person from said department and I've talked to another in that department that I trust implicitly and I actually expected this to be common knowledge by now (I didn't think it was a secret, now I'm not sure). However, I'll have to try to remember the exact words used tonight (and find out the size of the department) as they don't fit with what I know to be true (or at least have been told to me by two people I trust a lot). I think there may also be a slight get-out on a technicality involved here too. Which is why I want to do some more digging before I say what I've been told.

This is a really really odd one. We had (have?) an interview lined up with one person from said department and I've talked to another in that department that I trust implicitly and I actually expected this to be common knowledge by now (I didn't think it was a secret, now I'm not sure). However, I'll have to try to remember the exact words used tonight (and find out the size of the department) as they don't fit with what I know to be true (or at least have been told to me by two people I trust a lot). I think there may also be a slight get-out on a technicality involved here too. Which is why I want to do some more digging before I say what I've been told.

The only ones I was aware had seen redundancies was the trust and marketing/commercial team for various reasons. Obviously the marketing departement aint been closed down , There has been a couple of cut backs in other departments, i.e tickets, beverage, corporate, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Be interesting to see which department has been closed completely, Shaw indicated he wanted to reduce cost, but that was a generalisation rather than a hit list.

Will this go in the minutes that there are NO cut backs?? As if thats what Paul Agnew is saying it should go on record, even if later it turns out to be untrue?

The only ones I was aware had seen redundancies was the trust and marketing/commercial team for various reasons. Obviously the marketing departement aint been closed down , There has been a couple of cut backs in other departments, i.e tickets, beverage, corporate, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Be interesting to see which department has been closed completely, Shaw indicated he wanted to reduce cost, but that was a generalisation rather than a hit list.

Will this go in the minutes that there are NO cut backs?? As if thats what Paul Agnew is saying it should go on record, even if later it turns out to be untrue?

Sounds like we've been hearing similar things.

PA did NOT say there would be NO job losses, only that there would be no WHOLESALE job loses. He was careful with his words (which is why I don't mind repeating them prior to the minutes).

It was also noted that some departments were actually recruiting (including retail)

Sounds like we've been hearing similar things.

PA did NOT say there would be NO job losses, only that there would be no WHOLESALE job loses. He was careful with his words (which is why I don't mind repeating them prior to the minutes).

It was also noted that some departments were actually recruiting (including retail)

Pretty much same as said to us then, There is a blanket worry across departments regarding their jobs, but no indication direct from club that their jobs are at threat. There is also a worry that certain people within the club do not have the ability to do the jobs they are doing due to so many departures in key roles, again this is an opinion of certain staff.

Both Paul and Derek spoke about the future and did not want to dwell on the past, and both appeared eager to see what ccould be done collectively to try and bridge the gap.

With the table currently having rovers sat 2nd, I imagine it would of been used as reference a few times tonight in the FF meeting, to try and combat the past?

I don't recall (but then I have a memory like a fish and a tendency to put my own interpretation on things .... which is why I wait for the minutes before commenting) any real comments about us being second and not dwelling on the past, but looking forward, particularly (unless they were before I got there, I did miss the first 15 mins ... or I simply wasn't paying attention).

Archived