BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Away Game

I thought it worth raising the arrangements for away game with Burnley on 2nd December, as we were given some initial information at the Fans Forum last night.

We will be getting the whole of the away stand, so will have about 3,600 tickets. As is usual with games where demand may well exceed supply, season ticket holders will be given first priority. It may also be necessary in the first instance to prioritise season ticket holders with some away game attendances as well so you should make sure that if you want to go to Burnley that your name is recorded on Rovers database each time you are travelling away. It's also the away game at Blackpool two weeks later and whilst there might be less demand for tickets for that, there will also be a lot less tickets available, so there might need to be a priority arrangement for that game too.

Rovers are already talking to both Burnley and the police but no definite plans have yet been made about travel to the game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info, very helpful. Probably won't sell out on season ticket holders given how few there are this season, but wouldn't it then go to non-season ticket holders with a history of attending games?

The only game in recent times that we've haven't sold out was the first one in 2000 and that's because we knew they'd behave like animals and weren't sure how much of a grip the police would have. Subsequent games have shown a very good grip, so there's no reason not to go.

The only game in recent times that we've haven't sold out was the first one in 2000 and that's because we knew they'd behave like animals

absolute nonsense.

The only reason we didn`t sell all our tickets was because the club was terrified there might be trouble not the fans. I know loads who tried to get tickets but failed to because of the overly strict policies at the club. I managed to get a ticket through dodgy means & got in. I was lucky.

If anything, the overly cautious travel arrangements for the last few games spoilt it for a lot of people.

Thanks. Well I know that's the reason some of my friends/family who are ST holders didn't go to that one. You know best though.

He does know best to be fair. In 2000, the club would only sell tickets to season ticket holders, hence a lot of non season ticket holders were unable to get them unless they knew a season ticket holder who wasn't going.

I also know a lot of people who didn't go to the last burnley away game because of the ridiculous and draconian travel arrangements. I felt like a 4 year old on my first school trip.

I hope it doesn't happen this time around. I cannot be bothered with the hassle of setting off at stupid o clock and being treated like a sheep about to end up on a dinner table.

I fully understand why some rovers fans would want to go on the away travel to burnley. If I was to go with my family I probably would do myself.

I just don't think people should be forced to have such a restriction on their liberties simply to attend a football match. I can't think of any other derby where it happens.

It will happen again guaranteed. People couldn't keep their hands off each other at the youth games last season so there's no chance of them going back on it now! BTW it was quite easy to get tickets for 2001 because alls you needed was a voucher from the back of a season ticket book and 3 or 4 away stubs from that season, send them off and they'd send you Burnley tickets back with no database checks. I remember this cause me and my mates clubbed all our away tickets and borrowed vouchers for other mates who didn't go as often as we did.

The Dec 2000 game we had around 10k season ticket holders and sold approx 3,200. As has been mentioned they never went on open sale and the decronian measure's and the over blown wind an p*** threats from the dark side put a few off but we were never going to sell 4k from season tckt holders only only when you consider the amount of women, kids and older supporters who would give it a swerve at the time. This time there should be no excuse unless they charge stupid money and put extreme measure's in place. You put other things to one side for this game that's the way it's always been. It's about the putting one over the old enemy on the pitch and out shouting them off it. Surely they will put the tickets on some sort of restricted open sale and it should be virtually full.

People slag the travel arrangements off

BUT

I bet loads of people would be terrified to travel to the game if it was unrestricted.

Personally the only problems with the travel arrangements have been how ridiculously early the coaches have set off, plus last time they all arrived at the same time and caused a massive crush just inside the turnstiles. The police where then telling people to go up into the stands, even with alcohol.

As for the 2000 game, I was a non season ticket holder at that point after just finishing uni and only temp working I couldn't sign up. I went to every home game that season, a lot of away games and had a record of season tickets on the database back to the mid 80's (if they held that data ). I tried but was refused a ticket. On the day I remember seeing maybe 200 unsold seats in the away end on tv and being gutted.

Personally the only problems with the travel arrangements have been how ridiculously early the coaches have set off, plus last time they all arrived at the same time and caused a massive crush just inside the turnstiles. The police where then telling people to go up into the stands, even with alcohol.

As for the 2000 game, I was a non season ticket holder at that point after just finishing uni and only temp working I couldn't sign up. I went to every home game that season, a lot of away games and had a record of season tickets on the database back to the mid 80's (if they held that data ). I tried but was refused a ticket. On the day I remember seeing maybe 200 unsold seats in the away end on tv and being gutted.

Ive still got the letter somehere that they sent out to ST holders regarding the arrangements, you'd have thought it was a trip to Bosnia lol but to be fair we had a well run club then that cared about it's fans ! A few of my mate's were non ST's as well but regular attenders but there was no chance of a tckt. I think im also right in remembering that the Dingles themselves actually put some remaing tckts for the home areas on open sale the day before the game as they hadn't sold out either although they will forget that of course lol

The last game I ended up having to go on my own due to being the only one in my family with a 'history' of buying tickets for away games (I always end up lumbered with buying them - MUG). Most of the single tickets were next to their fans and at the end of the game I was pelted with alsorts of stuff. I promised myself I would never attend the Turf again... Slightly different though now as the fans are kept seperate. Can't see a repeat of last time.

Funny people talking about how hard it was to get tickets to Burnley away games, I've been to all the away games at Burnley since the December 2000 game (that was the BEST atmosphere ever) and didn't really struggle to get tickets. Won't be going this time though, it's a bit too far to travel.

The last game was quite interesting with the Police sending everybody up to the stands with their beer because of the god-awful conditions under the away supporters stand. I wonder if that'll happen again? I bet everybody who was involved with the club from then has moved on so no-one will remember it...

The last game was quite interesting with the Police sending everybody up to the stands with their beer because of the god-awful conditions under the away supporters stand. I wonder if that'll happen again? I bet everybody who was involved with the club from then has moved on so no-one will remember it...

Quite a few Dingles had a whinge about that so I'd be surprised if they allow it again. I've nothing really against the policing in the games so far, as incidents at the 2000 and 2010 games showed its necessary to be very cautious. But their general attitude in games like this seems to be one of sacrificing fun for safety, so personally I think they just won't sell any beer at all this time.

Funny people talking about how hard it was to get tickets to Burnley away games, I've been to all the away games at Burnley since the December 2000 game (that was the BEST atmosphere ever) and didn't really struggle to get tickets. Won't be going this time though, it's a bit too far to travel.

Have to disagree on the atmosphere, I thought 2000 was pretty poor, with more tension in the crowd that anything.

The last visit in the premiership was magnificent, not from the home fans they were poor as usual, but the away end never stopped singing from start to finish, the cricket field stand was bouncing at one point, exceptional support, best I can remember.

My dad tells me boxing day 78 was the best, anyone?

Have to disagree on the atmosphere, I thought 2000 was pretty poor, with more tension in the crowd that anything.

The last visit in the premiership was magnificent, not from the home fans they were poor as usual, but the away end never stopped singing from start to finish, the cricket field stand was bouncing at one point, exceptional support, best I can remember.

My dad tells me boxing day 78 was the best, anyone?

The best song being.... there's only one owen coyle haha

The best song being.... there's only one owen coyle haha

One of the best moments for me was before the game when over the tonnoy came The Farms – All Together Now, which was immediately turned into – burnleys going down……burnleys going down….classic

Boxing Day 1978 - most fantastic away fan experience on The Longside. It was simply a day to remember for everything that is "good" about the hatred between these two clubs. It had excitement, it had fervour, it had atmosphere and it was simply electric being on those terraces as a young teenager.

The area on "no mans land" (between the trolls and us) was a dare not enter zone, the toilets at the back of the stands was a haven for coin and ###### collectors due to the small wall between the fans whilst events on the ptich almost became uneventful !

Now those were the days of Rovers v Dingles hatred.

The Dec 2000 game we had around 10k season ticket holders and sold approx 3,200. As has been mentioned they never went on open sale and the decronian measure's and the over blown wind an p*** threats from the dark side put a few off but we were never going to sell 4k from season tckt holders only only when you consider the amount of women, kids and older supporters who would give it a swerve at the time. This time there should be no excuse unless they charge stupid money and put extreme measure's in place. You put other things to one side for this game that's the way it's always been. It's about the putting one over the old enemy on the pitch and out shouting them off it. Surely they will put the tickets on some sort of restricted open sale and it should be virtually full.

I think they have already said this game will be £31! Might not be a lot compared to PL prices but by heck it's milking it for this level

Boxing Day 1977 & 1982 were brilliant, 78 we went with a poor side & lost, unhappy memories

In 82 a few of us arrived quite late & the Rovrs half of Longside was already full

We paid in the Bee Hole End - luckily I've hardly ever worn colours or scarves,- Garner scored early and it was carnage!

A few Rovers fans were helped over the fence after celebrating & getting clobbered so I joined them rapid fashion after somehow not being spotted

Lost count of the people who thought we'd been arrested as we were marched round by The Plod but amazingly after we had even taunted the home bench en route they let us in the away section!

1977 was the greatest day of my Rovers-supporting life pre-title win

Not a single camera recorded the epic 3-2 win. I'd pay a grand To see it again

Ditto apart from we stayed in the Bee Hole end in 82; didn't move a muscle when Garner scored though.

Agree on 77

I think they have already said this game will be £31! Might not be a lot compared to PL prices but by heck it's milking it for this level

Think our Cat A games are £32 behind the goals so thats probably what they will charge Burnley. It is crazy at this level but a sign of the times i suppose after having to stump up £36 quid at Leeds. The kick off times and TV and restrictions won't help. Would love for these games to be Boxing day and Easter again, that may justify top wack prices !

Think our Cat A games are £32 behind the goals so thats probably what they will charge Burnley. It is crazy at this level but a sign of the times i suppose after having to stump up £36 quid at Leeds. The kick off times and TV and restrictions won't help. Would love for these games to be Boxing day and Easter again, that may justify top wack prices !

Ther game has been moved at the police's request - there is no guarantee that it will be on TV.

Archived