BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol City away

Driving down for this one... anyone know of decent pubs/best places to park near the ground?

I know there's a car park nearby but I can't remember what it's called.......it will be extremely hard to park near the stadium but you never know, maybe on the off-chance you get there early but if it was me I'd definitely use the car park.

When you're driving down it looks like it is signposted well because you just follow the way to the Airport....well that's from the City Centre anyway, I'm not sure what it's like travelling from up north.

As for pubs, it's one of them where they aren't very visitor friendly.....I wouldn't recommend going to any pubs near the ground.

Their fans aren't really a rowdy bunch, just the few idiots you would get everywhere....if you don't go looking for trouble then I highly doubt you will find it.

But near the ground is a place called Bedminster which has loads of places to drink......I think North Street in particular has quite a few pubs/bars......I think it's called North Street....it's the main street anyway so if you go there you won't be able to miss it.

And then there is the City Centre and even closer, the Waterfront, which has loads of places and neither are the greatest distance away but Bedminster isn't very far at all.

The ground itself isn't the nicest but there is a good atmosphere.

Okay just done a bit of research and apparently The Pumphouse and The Nova Scotia are two visitor-friendly pubs located by the Waterfront.....about 10/15 mins walk from the ground.

I know there's a car park nearby but I can't remember what it's called.......it will be extremely hard to park near the stadium but you never know, maybe on the off-chance you get there early but if it was me I'd definitely use the car park.

When you're driving down it looks like it is signposted well because you just follow the way to the Airport....well that's from the City Centre anyway, I'm not sure what it's like travelling from up north.

As for pubs, it's one of them where they aren't very visitor friendly.....I wouldn't recommend going to any pubs near the ground.

Their fans aren't really a rowdy bunch, just the few idiots you would get everywhere....if you don't go looking for trouble then I highly doubt you will find it.

But near the ground is a place called Bedminster which has loads of places to drink......I think North Street in particular has quite a few pubs/bars......I think it's called North Street....it's the main street anyway so if you go there you won't be able to miss it.

And then there is the City Centre and even closer, the Waterfront, which has loads of places and neither are the greatest distance away but Bedminster isn't very far at all.

The ground itself isn't the nicest but there is a good atmosphere.

Okay just done a bit of research and apparently The Pumphouse and The Nova Scotia are two visitor-friendly pubs located by the Waterfront.....about 10/15 mins walk from the ground.

Cheers pal.

Archived