BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Bristol City Away 12/13

Also spot on.

Why wouldn't you now want to venture down to Ewood to see Jordan Rhodes can continue in 40 goal a season mode?

I fear like you those that have painted themselves into a corner by vowing never to step foot in Ewood again whilst Kean's in charge etc etc are in danger of cutting off their nose to spite their face now the owners seem to be making more of an effort.

I don't fear it Rev. You have your views, I have mine ; yours are OK for you, I'm not going to persuade you otherwise, same you're not going to persuade me. It really is quite clear. I'll watch a few games away but won't put any brass into the Venky's pockets by attending Ewood (while Kean is still there). If they get rid of Kean, I'll re-consider.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also spot on.

Why wouldn't you now want to venture down to Ewood to see Jordan Rhodes can continue in 40 goal a season mode?

I fear like you those that have painted themselves into a corner by vowing never to step foot in Ewood again whilst Kean's in charge etc etc are in danger of cutting off their nose to spite their face now the owners seem to be making more of an effort.

Sometimes you have to make a stand for what you believe in, around 4000 of us are doing just that at the moment and long may that continue.

Get rid of Kean and we'll be back, until then the club we've supported all our lives is on the backburner.

Sometimes you have to make a stand for what you believe in, around 4000 of us are doing just that at the moment and long may that continue.

Get rid of Kean and we'll be back, until then the club we've supported all our lives is on the backburner.

The problem is, Venky's (and Kean) could be here a long time. Are you going to stay away for years and years, with the possibility (albeit slight) of the owners finally fulfilling their promises and Rovers emerging as a force again ?

To me, this situation is reminiscent of post-1960 FA Cup Final when many fans vowed never to go to Ewood following the tickets scandal and the club's support dwindled over the next 20 years as a result.

Like everyone else I don't like the owners or the manager and what they have done to the club but life goes on and I'm not going to cut Rovers out of my life after 50 years of support because of them. I've been to a few matches this season and to be honest, I've rather enjoyed it.

Got it in one Gav!

Anyone who thinks it is easy to stay away and "watch and learn" from second sources (in my case solely by reading these threads) quite simply doesn't know what they are talking about. I can tell you ALL right now that what i am doing (and have done for over 12 months now) is nothing short of Hell on Earth, but I am not going to sell out on my principles just to please some smug people on this thread. I have made my case many times, and until the cancer is cured that is how it will remain. So to those who continue to make snide and cheap remarks I have just one thing to say.............GO TO HELL!!

The problem is, Venky's (and Kean) could be here a long time. Are you going to stay away for years and years, with the possibility (albeit slight) of the owners finally fulfilling their promises and Rovers emerging as a force again ?

To me, this situation is reminiscent of post-1960 FA Cup Final when many fans vowed never to go to Ewood following the tickets scandal and the club's support dwindled over the next 20 years as a result.

Like everyone else I don't like the owners or the manager and what they have done to the club but life goes on and I'm not going to cut Rovers out of my life after 50 years of support because of them. I've been to a few matches this season and to be honest, I've rather enjoyed it.

To be perfectly honest Jim I am prepared to stay away for years and years if it came to that. And again not having been this seaon I have to honest and say my interest is waning slightly (as is both of my brothers). That is my stand and come hell or high water I will not budge until Kean is out of Blackburn Rovers for good.

This topic has made interesting reading but I'm going to try and comment solely on this one match rather than being drawn into the bigger issues around ownership, management, finances, expectations for the season etc.

I really enjoyed the game and the win. It was exciting and better entertainment than I can remember in any football game I have watched for a long time. The atmosphere in those last few minutes was absolutely brilliant.

The defending was awful and I'm still underwhelmed by Danny Murphy. Some of the attacking play was excellent. For me, Nuno Gomes, Jordan Rhodes and Dickson Etuhu were all really impressive.

I had a great day and enjoyed the match. Other issues, of course, are bigger and will keep being debated. But for me it was a good day to be a Rovers fan so I made the most of it and allowed myself to take pleasure in it. Thats what its about, isn't it??

Aftre 12 years in the Premiership, the rest of the league is a real eye-opener--the difference is in pace and in organisation. This league is making us look good. No way would Rochina's goal have been scored in the Premiership---strolling at the defence from the half-way line? Losing the ball but finding time to retrieve it and score? Absolute joke!

We have some players who can win a game in this league by individual moments of class. However our defence is as bad as the rest and would be swamped in the Premier League. Nothing has changed except the opposition. The manager has learned nothing as we will see when Bellamy sets about us.

I am pleased to see Rovers sitting at the top of the league but I just cannot get my addiction to football back to where it was. As I walked around Manchester on Saturday afternoon with my girlfriend I didnt need the fix of the football latest, I ambled around really not giving a damn about what was happening at Ashton Gate. It was only the text after 1 minute indicating that we were losing that made me remember what football meant to me. I wasnt gutted at all I just smiled and thought of that slimy little gimp and his smug face, his lies and his excuses and his inability to say sorry its my fault.

I then received several texts through the afternoon finally telling me we had won 5-3.

It is pleasing to see us ahead at the moment, we are certainly riding our luck, if we accept the varied accounts from supporters and the media as well as the goals on tv.

I remain adamant, that even if we are 20 points clear by Christmas UNLESS we remove KEANSCUM I wont go to Ewood Park to watch the team. I will forever support the club but as it stands KEANSCUM has just killed my love of football. It is emphasised by that little turd AGNEW coming out and again saying the reason fnas are missing is because of relegation.

AGNEW YOU CLOWN, IT IS NOT RELEGATION THAT IS KEEPING THE FANS AWAY, IT IS STEVE KEANSCUM AND HIS INABILITY TO MANAGE.

I will go to away games but even they are few and far between as I try and rediscover my love of football.

Revidge old chap, I wont cut my nose to spite my face. I am too long in the tooth to do that. You have to respect peoples own choices. You know my views from previous seasons and it wont change until this scrote has been removed from Ewood.

I will never set foot in Ewood park whilst Kean is in charge. Nothing has changed except that the level of opposition we now face is worse than our dire team. In the Prem we would be destroyed.

Thankfully my stay of absence will be shortlived because Kean will be gone. Either he fails to take us up and gets tha boot or he takes us up and the continues his record of us getting bummed weekly in the Prem and he gets the boot.

A few more members to the KLC means nothing to me

your coments have nothing to do with the game on saturday this is the bristol city rovers game thread look at the positives we scored quailty goals and we are top of the championship do us a FAVOUR blue and white army stay away from ewood and listen to the game on the radio ,looking forward to the game tonite v barnsley come on u blues , most of the stay away fans now are sounding boreing

your coments have nothing to do with the game on saturday this is the bristol city rovers game thread look at the positives we scored quailty goals and we are top of the championship do us a FAVOUR blue and white army stay away from ewood and listen to the game on the radio ,looking forward to the game tonite v barnsley come on u blues , most of the stay away fans now are sounding boreing

To be honest your comments have little to do with the Bristol City game either gilly, but you're right this thread has got side tracked and I'm guilty of that.

Will post anti Kean stuff in the Kean thread from now on.

But not as boring as the Rovers Fans.

But not as boring as the Rovers Fans.

Got to say that I think he's right, the anti Kean brigade, of which I'm one, needs to keep the negative stuff confined to the Kean out thread. A good win at Bristol City shouldnt be detracted from by our anti Kean sentiments.

AGNEW YOU CLOWN, IT IS NOT RELEGATION THAT IS KEEPING THE FANS AWAY, IT IS STEVE KEANSCUM AND HIS INABILITY TO MANAGE.

You forget how fickle fans are. If the prices remain good and we were get into the Prem and return back to mid table safety regularly (I don't think this will happen by the way, but I'm talking hypothetically) with Kean in charge the attendance wouldn't be too far off the old amounts at all. You wouldn't get more than a thousand less than pre-Kean if all the factors remained the same as the desire to watch the club we love whilst they are not in turmoil would lead to their return.

They will never forgive him, I agree. But they'd come back. They are fickle both ways.

But anyway, for the vast majority, whilst the reason they are not attending now is Kean, in a season or two's time, if all went well and he was still there the majority would come back. Not all of those abstaining are on this board. For some it's disillusionment, for some it's the economy mixed with disillusionment, for some it's hatred, but all these things fade when the results start coming over a long period of time. I just don't think it will happen over a long period of time.

This situation of Kean FINALLY acting like a manager seems to have prompted a large stretching of the definition of the word fickle by his supporters. Switching between peanut butter and marmite every few weeks is fickle. Criticising a manager for 18 months of failure, then reducing/ceasing to criticise him for 1 month of success seems quite logical and consistent to me.

This situation of Kean FINALLY acting like a manager seems to have prompted a large stretching of the definition of the word fickle by his supporters. Switching between peanut butter and marmite every few weeks is fickle. Criticising a manager for 18 months of failure, then reducing/ceasing to criticise him for 1 month of success seems quite logical and consistent to me.

This site isn't a true reflection, thousands aren't fooled by a few good results hypno.....

Archived