BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Isle Of Man Football Football Festivals

Ozz

I can't help you on those. However I was in Douglas a couple of years ago, had the pleasure of going to the Bushey's Rovers Return pub, and had a pint in the back room which is the shrine to BRFC. A must visit for any rovers fan.

These days it's rare to see any Rovers pictures and memorabilia in the pubs of Blackburn, Darwen etc. Therefore to have a room dedicated to Rovers in the Isle of Man is a nice touch.

You are right Dave. The Rovers Return is a real treat, luckily I manage a visit about once a month. Good ale as well although the pub sometimes reeks of cat p!ss.

As for pubs in Blackburn with Rovers memorabilia try the back room in the Nabs Head at Samlesbury......a couple of the items belong to yours truly.

Martin is an SMC old boy. Remember seeing the bottle van at Ewood many times and his stickers in so many pubs on my travels. BTW as Clarky recalls, I was at Douglas bowl for the final versus the 'toon army' when they were pulling in 7,000 or 8,000 for home games at St James' Park.

SMC?

• Moderation Lead

You are right Dave. The Rovers Return is a real treat, luckily I manage a visit about once a month. Good ale as well although the pub sometimes reeks of cat p!ss.

As for pubs in Blackburn with Rovers memorabilia try the back room in the Nabs Head at Samlesbury......a couple of the items belong to yours truly.

SMC?

St Mary's College?

St Mary's College had an excellent record of producing professional footballers at one time. Mick Duxbury (Utd & Rovers) being perhaps the most successful example. Anyone remember others from SMC who went into the pro game? Danny Keogh (?) rings a bell (but not like old Joe Stewart or Ma Riley!).,..

Martin is an SMC old boy. Remember seeing the bottle van at Ewood many times and his stickers in so many pubs on my travels. BTW as Clarky recalls, I was at Douglas bowl for the final versus the 'toon army' when they were pulling in 7,000 or 8,000 for home games at St James' Park.

That was a trip mate. Must have been 86 cos the Hearts fans in the next tent were still thinking about what 'Mitre' been.

St Mary's College had an excellent record of producing professional footballers at one time. Mick Duxbury (Utd & Rovers) being perhaps the most successful example. Anyone remember others from SMC who went into the pro game? Danny Keogh (?) rings a bell (but not like old Joe Stewart or Ma Riley!).,..

John Waddington and Mick Higgins spring to mind

Archived