BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What should Venkys do to gain your trust now?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all starts with the sacking of Kean. They can spend all the money they want on players, but until that parasite is removed from the club, there can be no healing between the fans and the owners. I would want a truthful and comprehensive explanation for why the club has been led down the path it has taken and why Kean has been able to keep his job when they were so quick to sack Sam.

Just back from over Darren way and took the opportunity to drive past my old haunt that was Ewood Park. As I drove down Bolton Road the buzz that I used to have when I saw Ewood just wasnt there anymore.

I then decided to see if there was any sort of buzz that could be revived inside of me and took time to have a walk around the car park, the JW stand and then the club shop, of course paying my respects to the statue of Jack Walker.

There is no atmosphere around the stadium, its dead. Not one person was inside the club shop and the fare on show is poor, no ticket sales and no staff behind the tills. No other person apart from white van man was seen around the place. Its heartbreaking. I know we are in the midst of an international break but every time that I have been down to the ground on my days off I have at least had the opportunity to bump into someone. The stadium looks dull and dank, and I just felt so detached from the club I love and have supported for 43 years.

I sent a silent prayer to Jack and left. Saddened and distraught, angry and irate.

There is only one way to begin to rebuild. KEANSCUM must be removed and NOW. The very first comment alongside announcing his sacking should be an APOLOGY from the owners admitting that they got it wrong.

Agnew and Shaw should follow. All should be replaced by people with verve, vigour and a love and knowledge of football. Use Wayne Wild and use anyone else that can bring about the good times and good feeling associated with our club.

Venky's your time has come to make the decision we all want. We might be second and we may have a chance of a top 2 finish, by employing a proper manager you can virtually assure promotion, you can guarantee an increase in support and you can almost guarantee a surge in the cash flow and good feeling about Rovers.

KEANSCUM OUT

1.Sack Kean with immediate effect then make the rest of Team kean (Agnew, his shelving mate etc) grovel for their jobs , then sack them anyway,

2.Get rid of any companies currently contracted to the club with any connection to the above people

3.Apologise for the cock up they have made of the club and not an half arsed one at gunpoint like one of the chuckle brothers made in Switzerland,

4.Make certain players publicly apologise for the comments they have made (Orr etc),

5.Release full details of when and who was involved in the takeover pre , during and their roles subsequently ,

6.then sell the club to somebody who is interested in running the club as a Football club with a view to sustaining it's history and possibly taking it forward , and not for the benefit of third party financial gain..

As an alternative to 6 because doubt they would sell, take the decision making away from the family and give it sole to Balaji regarding the club, he may be clueless but out of all of them feel he may want it to be successful.

Just back from over Darren way and took the opportunity to drive past my old haunt that was Ewood Park. As I drove down Bolton Road the buzz that I used to have when I saw Ewood just wasnt there anymore.

I then decided to see if there was any sort of buzz that could be revived inside of me and took time to have a walk around the car park, the JW stand and then the club shop, of course paying my respects to the statue of Jack Walker.

There is no atmosphere around the stadium, its dead. Not one person was inside the club shop and the fare on show is poor, no ticket sales and no staff behind the tills. No other person apart from white van man was seen around the place. Its heartbreaking. I know we are in the midst of an international break but every time that I have been down to the ground on my days off I have at least had the opportunity to bump into someone. The stadium looks dull and dank, and I just felt so detached from the club I love and have supported for 43 years.

I sent a silent prayer to Jack and left. Saddened and distraught, angry and irate.

There is only one way to begin to rebuild. KEANSCUM must be removed and NOW. The very first comment alongside announcing his sacking should be an APOLOGY from the owners admitting that they got it wrong.

Agnew and Shaw should follow. All should be replaced by people with verve, vigour and a love and knowledge of football. Use Wayne Wild and use anyone else that can bring about the good times and good feeling associated with our club.

Venky's your time has come to make the decision we all want. We might be second and we may have a chance of a top 2 finish, by employing a proper manager you can virtually assure promotion, you can guarantee an increase in support and you can almost guarantee a surge in the cash flow and good feeling about Rovers.

KEANSCUM OUT

+100's and 1000's

To be honest I would feel they are moving in teh right direction if the sacked kean but that is not where they need to start in my opinion.

1) Bring in an experienced football person to run the club, that person makes all major decissions, some prior experience ruuning a premiership/championship club a must.

2) Allow this person to bring in a team of people around them to run the club.

3) This group choses a manager for the club.

4) Manager buys the players etc.

5) owners have little involvement in teh day to day runnings of teh club.

Simple, show the fans that what we think actually does matter,admit that Kean was a massive mistake and get rid of the joker.

Bring in an established, proven manager and allow the club to move forward.

Then they can start thinking about cleaning up the poop around the club, the likes of Agnew.

To be honest I would feel they are moving in teh right direction if the sacked kean but that is not where they need to start in my opinion.

1) Bring in an experienced football person to run the club, that person makes all major decissions, some prior experience ruuning a premiership/championship club a must.

That pretty much nails it for me.

I'd also like to add that Kean should be tarred, feathered and made to walk round the pitch loudly shouting "Who's a silly boy then! hic hic!" before we play burnley at home. Although I want him gone long before then of course, but this should be part of the severence agreement.

Short answer: A LOT.

Venkys must class as some of the most untrustworthy owners ever. They've repeatedly lied to the fans, they cover up dodgy dealings, they have dodgy friends, they make insane decisions and 90% of the time they're nowhere to be seen.

Spending £8m on Rhodes was a start. But to win my trust they would have to follow it up with about 2 years of sensible appointments at all levels of management, and sustained investment.

All well and good but a touch unrealistic I think given where we are now. Whelan would fail against those criteria for example, as would Abrahmovich.

Decent manager and funding a push to get back to the prem would solve a lot of our problems.

1864 Roverite makes a good point. The only thing that will get me back at the moment is Kean's sacking, ........ but, the longer he stays, the less chance there is that I will go back. First home game of the season and I was missing being there. Now, that hunger has diminished and is diminishing. It will soon get to the point of no return, no matter what happens to Kean. That's the way it's been for fans for many years. Once they're gone, they don't come back.

Everyone at the club know this, yet no-one admits this is the case. The more they hide in denial, the fewer the number of returnees there will be. I've asked before, but which other football club, knowing how they could improve their gates, wouldn't do what's needed? I don't think there's any.

KEANSCUM OUT

Great post, almost brought a tear to my eye, sums things up nicely.

1864 Roverite makes a good point. The only thing that will get me back at the moment is Kean's sacking, ........ but, the longer he stays, the less chance there is that I will go back. First home game of the season and I was missing being there. Now, that hunger has diminished and is diminishing. It will soon get to the point of no return, no matter what happens to Kean. That's the way it's been for fans for many years. Once they're gone, they don't come back.

Everyone at the club know this, yet no-one admits this is the case. The more they hide in denial, the fewer the number of returnees there will be. I've asked before, but which other football club, knowing how they could improve their gates, wouldn't do what's needed? I don't think there's any.

Don't think it's a case of being in denial I can think of one in particular who imo was rewarded with a Director position because of the support / defence,he gave the "problem" last season and previously, and in turn appointed his mate to Director of putting up shelves. So for them to address the problem they need to bite the hand that feeds. Still it's year of the snake in the Chinese calendar next time so who knows which side they will slither to .

Decent manager and funding a push to get back to the prem would solve a lot of our problems.

Indeed it would EiT, and if they were starting from scratch it'd go a long way to restoring my faith. Thing is, they've dug one frigging great hole for themselves/the club, hence why they'll have to do a lot more before I'd trust them.

I've asked before, but which other football club, knowing how they could improve their gates, wouldn't do what's needed? I don't think there's any.

There isn't, you're right. No club would effectively commit suicide in this way. It makes no sense whatsoever. For me, this is one of the most frustrating things. The fanbase has spoken; through emails, letters, face to face meetings, protests, shouting and chanting at Ewood and other grounds, on BRFCS and other message boards, Facebook groups, Twitter trends, through petitions, and finally, reluctantly, and with genuine dismay, with their feet.

There are no winners in this. Not the team, not the club nor it's staff, not the owners, and especially not the fans. And, although I have zero respect or empathy for SK, he isn't exactly winning out of this either. Who would accept a situation in which everybody loses? Nobody. It stinks.

In response to the OP - what could Venky's do to gain my trust? Sadly, I genuinely don't think they will ever be able to do that. The only way they would gain my respect is by bowing out now with an apology. Sell the club please.

1864, I know what you mean.

I took my 8 week old son to visit Jack's statue, the club shop and a walk around the stadium and it just felt like a shell of a place, compared to what it used to be.

Felt like visiting your first house whilst derelict and about to be bulldozed down, except for a couple of dirty squatters (Kean & Agnew).

:(

Yeah, it certainly does not feel the same.....

I love the way Agnew says it will be a "long and difficult road back".

If the fcukwits in charge actually make the normal, logical decisions then we could START to win some of the (lost) fans back.

Longer they leave it, sadly, it is going to become an almost impossible task.

If Shebby really meant business and did have this "power" then why not implement some obvious changes - who knows what is really going on but I still have my suspicions that he is a PR stunt deflecting attention off Kean and that the eyes of the owners, whoever they are, is purely on the mega TV deal/money next season (if we manage to get promoted).

I honestly think that given the last 20 months they will never be accepted by rovers fans, and therefore should sell.

Obviously they should sack Kean, bring in good football administrators to run the lub, attend more, apologise and the rest of the good points raised by others, but even with all that they won't ever be trusted. At best they have proven they cannot make 1 sensible decision, at worst they are crooked, the truth is probably in the middle somewhere. Blackburn people don't suffer fools gladly, and aren't impressed by those who cannot back up what they claim, there's no way back from that.

Archived