BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] iPhone 5

Details to be announced today, with a view to being on sale 21st September.

Looking forward to hopefully getting one middle of October to avoid a batch with iPhone 4 problems such as signal.

Currently at a war to get one - I have 12 months left on my contract which Ive got down from 41.50a month to 15.50 in the past few months in preperation for buying my contract out when 5 is eeleased. Mazuma Mobile offer 192 for my phone which should cover the early upgrade cost.

http://www.bbc.com/n...nology-19557497

Sums up my feelings nicely! Especially the car analogy.

The interesting work is being done by top end Android devices and Windows phones at the moment. Can't understand why anyone would pay more for what is likely to be a technologically inferior device. Unless Apple do have something tucked away up their sleeve that is...in which case I have humble pie on standby.

Well I'm on a 4S and my wife now runs my old 3GS. I still really like my iPhone but it has become the norm. When my contract is up I shall be looking for something to excite me like my iPhone did originally.

Having a couple of old iPhones knocking around the house for a bit of email and surfing is not what Jobs had in mind.

I do wish the design would go back to version 3 which I thought was iconic and almost sensual to hold. The 4 is too utilitarian

I've had my 3GS for over 3 years now and was looking forward to upgrading to a 5 this year. I'm not actually sure I'll bother. When I got my iPhone android was still a long way behind, that's not really the case now. I do like iOS and I like the way the iPhone just does what i want it to do, however the new one just isn't different enough for me. The design isn't something that makes you sit up and go "wow" like the early ones did.

I'm not sure what to do now, maybe just pick up a cheap 4s or go for something completely different. I'm sure HTC will have a new offering soon or the Galaxy Siii is also a possibility.

Looks exactly the same as the 4 to me, what sort of ridiculous price tag are they going to put on this one I wonder?

The Sony Xperia T has some excellent features. The screen is meant to be the best out there (the Bravia engine stuff does make a difference on my Arc S) and a 13 megapixel camera is immense.

I've got an Xperia U, although it's the lowest one in it's range it's a fantastic phone and well ahead of any others in it's price bracket, I'll buy a Sony phone again without hesitation. Is it me or have they massively improved since dropping Ericsson?, I used to own a Sony Ericsson a few years back and had to send it back numerous times.

Read a joke somewhere the other day went along the lines of,

"An Apple fan walks into a bar... Orders the same drink as yesterday, but pays more."

Pretty up the iPhone 5 to me. Don't think Jobs would be happy were he still here.

• 1 month later...

Archived