BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The arabs are revolting

"The UN option isn't an option because China and Russia will just veto anything on Syria. Obama has come out with this red line on chemical weapons, if he does nothing he will look weak and so will the US as a whole."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMHDBL7CNA4

Is there anything wrong with keeping our noses out and letting the other neighbouring Arab nations 'sort it'?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly, Assad is the enemy. The west needs to intervene - absolutely. It is not a question or legality but whether intervention is legitimate. The moral argument is undisputable - unless you agree that regimes have the right to launch chemical attacks against its own people. For the first time ever, I agree with Cameron and Hague.

The west won't be going in "with all guns blazing". Any strikes will be targeted at the regime. No civilians were killed in the Libya strikes and one would hope the same would be true in Syria. The west is talking about about a 5-day operation at most.

Clearly, Assad is the enemy. The west needs to intervene - absolutely. It is not a question or legality but whether intervention is legitimate. The moral argument is undisputable - unless you agree that regimes have the right to launch chemical attacks against its own people. For the first time ever, I agree with Cameron and Hague.

The west won't be going in "with all guns blazing". Any strikes will be targeted at the regime. No civilians were killed in the Libya strikes and one would hope the same would be true in Syria. The west is talking about about a 5-day operation at most.

President Assad is not the enemy, these terrorists proclaiming to be rebels are the enemy they have already been found by the UN to have used chemical weapons previously and I have absolutely no doubt that they are behind this latest attack as President Assad himself has said. The only reason that western governments and the government of illegal apartheid state of 'Israel' are pushing the pro rebel line is because President Assad is a progressive anti-imperialist and anti-Zionist. So I ask you anyone which supports 'intervention' (although intervention what against what I am not sure) do you really see President Assad as the enemy and want him ousted in place of these looting, throat cutting, hand chopping, heart eating Jihadists who the west are fighting in Afghanistan ?

Some questions before we strike Syria:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/archives/2013/08/a_few_more_questions_before_we.php

For the record, I'm very much in favor of intervention in many parts of the world, including Syria, for reasons unrelated to alleged chemical attacks.

However, if the reason for intervention is the alleged chemical attacks, we should get our facts straight before shooting.

Really ? He's not my enemy and I don't think he's an enemy of the UK either. The ' rebel ' groups hands aren't too clean In my opinion. This is one to stay out of. I also thought the same about Iraq at the time. Now tell me I was wrong about that.

We don't live in isolation. The global community cannot ignore rogue states and regimes and atrocities taking place on a daily basis. I'll have to have a lie down after saying this but Cameron is right - we can longer stand by and watch as a country tears itself apart.

We don't live in isolation. The global community cannot ignore rogue states and regimes and atrocities taking place on a daily basis. I'll have to have a lie down after saying this but Cameron is right - we can longer stand by and watch as a country tears itself apart.

I'm all for ignoring this time, or at least let the UN investigate/act. they're all barking mad over there.

Get things organised for these third world types, hand back independence then watch it all dissolve. Before you launch into a tirade lookat Mugabe and his rigged elections, the whole thing stinks.

President Assad is not the enemy, these terrorists proclaiming to be rebels are the enemy they have already been found by the UN to have used chemical weapons previously and I have absolutely no doubt that they are behind this latest attack as President Assad himself has said. The only reason that western governments and the government of illegal apartheid state of 'Israel' are pushing the pro rebel line is because President Assad is a progressive anti-imperialist and anti-Zionist. So I ask you anyone which supports 'intervention' (although intervention what against what I am not sure) do you really see President Assad as the enemy and want him ousted in place of these looting, throat cutting, hand chopping, heart eating Jihadists who the west are fighting in Afghanistan ?

Any proof of all this?

Really ? He's not my enemy and I don't think he's an enemy of the UK either. The ' rebel ' groups hands aren't too clean In my opinion. This is one to stay out of. I also thought the same about Iraq at the time. Now tell me I was wrong about that.

Assad isn't my enemy either, thats for sure..... and he's not a threat to this country either. Until the truth is out we must not act on assumptions no matter how gung ho the likes of Jimmk2 may be.

Well we stood by and watched the wonderful Rhodesia become the pitiful Zimbabwe without a word didn't we? I'd be more willing to oust Mugabe than Assad.... at least we'd get something of worth in return.

(sorry AS just noticed you made a similar point about helping rebel Muslims whilst abandoning innocent Rhodesians).

Any proof of all this?

Which Part ?

Assad isn't my enemy either, thats for sure..... and he's not a threat to this country either. Until the truth is out we must not act on assumptions no matter how gung ho the likes of Jimmk2 may be.

Well we stood by and watched the wonderful Rhodesia become the pitiful Zimbabwe without a word didn't we? I'd be more willing to oust Mugabe than Assad.... at least we'd get something of worth in return.

(sorry AS just noticed you made a similar point about helping rebel Muslims whilst abandoning innocent Rhodesians).

The people of Zimbabwe who have just re-elected President Mugabe once again in overwhelming numbers may well have something to say about that.

You clown, the elections were rigged, people were forced to stay away, are you that naive ?

Would these be the same elections that the African Union and their observers called the elections “peaceful, orderly, free and fair” ?

If you believe they were rigged then you are naïve for believing the imperialist lies and propaganda that you see in the media against President Mugabe much like we are seeing now against President Assad.

Mugabe wasn't hurling chemical weapons at his own people. If you want to look for a villain in Rhodesia look no farther than Ian Smith. Like most former colonies seeking independence It would have been far better to have stayed loyal to the crown.

My immediate response is to steer well clear and (if we/the USA can) put pressure on the Arab league to sort their own house out. On the other hand, what would Iran do if Saudi tanks roll in? And do Sunni countries care about Shia problems?

Airstrikes worked well in Libya - but they didn't have the Russian/Chinese built AA defences Syria does.

And the threats from these people like Iran, is to attack Israel. People are lining up in Israel to get gas masks.

Also, why is it being said these will be "two days" of strikes and telling them ahead of time??? Their airfields will be hit???

If you've got to do something like this, they should have just done it. Also what will these limited moves accomplish?? Little or nothing.

Also, we don't know who set off that poisonous gas attack, I heard speak that people were accusing the Rebels of it/

Right now, I think we are being fed a story, doesn't mean it's false but it may well be one-sided.

Don't think this is the time to pick a fight, sure, Russia and China can veto at the UN, the UN, i know not very useful should at least be able to say per a preponderance of evidence, the UN finds the Assad regime used these chemical weapons. They should at least be able to do that.

That's just Zionist lies and propaganda!

It's news reports coming from Tasnim News Agency in Iran:

Mohammad Ali Jafari, commander of Iran's powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, said in an interview late on Wednesday with the Tasnim news agency that a U.S. strike on Syria would not help Israel.

Iran's Revolutionary Guards chief said a U.S. military attack on Syria would lead to the "imminent destruction" of Israel and would prove a "second Vietnam" for America, according to an Iranian news agency.

Shi'ite Muslim Iran, an arch-enemy of Israel, is supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad against mainly Sunni Muslim rebels trying to oust him in a two-and-a-half-year-old revolt. - http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/29/us-syria-crisis-iran-idUSBRE97S0HH20130829

As an aide, I understand Assad was a Dentist in London for a short time. I think that is so.

I have been around a number of Palestinians and the ones I met I had no problems with.

Well an airstrike on Syria would not help what they call 'Israel' and it doesn't take a genius to work out that an attack would severely damage 'Israel'.

But never forget that the biggest terrorist nation in the region is 'Israel' and it has the nuclear resources to destroy a country and has already indeed destroyed one , unlike Iran who's nuclear programme is for peaceful means and Iran does aim to destroy any country just the ideology of Zionism. And I notice that you did not provide a link about Israeli's buying gas masks because it is lies and propaganda exactly like I said. Also at no point in any of the links does any Iranian official threaten 'Israel' which you said previously Iran does.

Thank you Adolph.

Are you really comparing me to Adolf Hitler ? If you knew the which type of political parties I had belonged to for the last few decades you would know how funny that was.

If you are comparing me to him I think you are very confused but that's not your fault this is probably due to our countries education system. Hitler was an anti-Semite which basically means he was prejudice and discriminated against Jews. Whereas anti-Zionism is completely different firstly it has nothing all it has nothing to do with Judaism for example your heroin Thatcher was a Zionist. Anti-Zionists oppose the creation and continuation of the illegal apartheid sate that is known as 'Israel'.

Just to back myself up again against your defamatory claims against me Norman Finkelstein (who is Jewish) is a staunch anti-Zionist and has written many excellent books on it that I would recommend you read to educate yourself because a little knowledge which you clearly have is very dangerous.

But never forget that the biggest terrorist nation in the region is 'Israel'

Not sure why we keep hearing this insane, repugnant view in this country except that perhaps the overt racism shown by many Muslims towards Jews has spread into popular opinion like some cancerous growth.

And I look forward to putting the telling off I'll probably get for saying that into the perspective of Amarillo's post above.

Archived