BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Badge - One Town?

JimFryatt

Nothing does - Darwen is just being used as an example, but I think you've just pretty much proved that 'one town' is wrong...

How the hell have I proved that? I support one team and it's from Blackburn , well two really but the other is Denver and the fans there travel from all over but it's still Denver . This is the most stupidest thread ever and that includes otters.

How the hell have I proved that? I support one team and it's from Blackburn , well two really but the other is Denver and the fans there travel from all over but it's still Denver . This is the most stupidest thread ever and that includes otters.

Its a discussion board and the OP is entitled to raise his points. He's not been offensive or nasty in any way in raising it, and I cannot see any problem in it whatsoever. I'm could have predicted the response from a couple of posters though. Yourself included.

After seeing the badge, its a good point raised by Jim F, in that one town, does make the action group seem a little bit insular.

John Leighs one love, one club, one vision, would be far more appropriate especially to the clubs wider fan base.

In that case, 'one team' would have been more appropriate than 'one town'.

By the way, 'this is the most stupidest thread ever' sounds like it was written by an 8 year old and what has all of this got to do with otters anyway?

"Blackburn Rovers Football Club"

Only one town mentioned as far as I can see!

At the risk of repeating myself the logo on the badge relates to SUPPORTERS (via the Action Group), not the actual club itself. Nobody is dening that 'Blackburn' is one town, but the supporters come from all over the shop.

Maybe a little more thought should have gone into the slogan before going public, the one club edit would be good,

the bar codes did a good one some time back with Geordie Nation, pretentious I know but it did the trick at the time

John Leigh I would be very careful about using the word parochial the last person who used it was banned & never allowed back on we don't want you going the same way lol!.

Good to see you back Abs r u still up for the kidnapping of coco and his hench men and dump the lot of them of Darwen Tower lol! now we have a good chance with Mikey Delap's sabotage of the Martin Olsson transfer he has the experience of holding people between us lot we can achieve this lol!.

Why is it not called Darwen with Blackburn tower?

Its a discussion board and the OP is entitled to raise his points. He's not been offensive or nasty in any way in raising it, and I cannot see any problem in it whatsoever. I'm could have predicted the response from a couple of posters though. Yourself included.

Ya do obbsese or me mr b

Yes, you may be right about that. However, anyone around in the 70s and 80s would be aware of how loudly the Darwen Blues shouted about where they came from, so it shouldn't be that surprising really to hear someone from that era moaning about the insinuation that all Rovers fans come from one town. Also - there is a reason why the council is known as 'Blackburn with Darwen Council' and not simply 'Blackburn Council'.

Here's a thought -would Bolton fans have 'one town' on their badge when their ground isn't even in Bolton any longer?

I've lived in Bolton for a while. I always saw Horwich as an extention of Bolton or within the Bolton boundary. It's only since they moved from Burnden that the boundary has become 'more visable' and Wanderers fans have become 'touchy' when its brought up.

The badge just made me sigh when I saw it for the first time and I think it may come to be a bit divisive, as in, you're either 'in' or 'out', bit like how the wearing of the yellow and black kit became. Probably have to have 1875 before your user name next. Too be honest, I don't have a feeling either way about it.

I can see why it could annoy people but I'm not from Blackburn and it doesn't bother me. I'm proud of Rovers and by extension I'm proud of Blackburn because that's where my team comes from. As a town it has more than its fair share of critics these days but its rich history of contribution and passion for football is virtually unparalleled for its size. The greatest football fan ever was from there too remember.

So I'm a proud Rishtoner but happy to be lumped in with Blackburn as far as football's concerned. Been in pubs at away games where the "Darwen Blues we are 'ere" song has been sung, and verses have followed from groups from Accy, Rishton, Harwood, Preston, Chorley and others, and I thought it was brilliant. On the wider scale there's few enough of us as it is, so the important thing is we stick together whatever town we're from.

John Leigh I would be very careful about using the word parochial the last person who used it was banned & never allowed back on we don't want you going the same way lol!.

Good to see you back Abs r u still up for the kidnapping of coco and his hench men and dump the lot of them of Darwen Tower lol! now we have a good chance with Mikey Delap's sabotage of the Martin Olsson transfer he has the experience of holding people between us lot we can achieve this lol!.

I haven't been banned get your facts straight.

I am being very patient so far......

Special Needs

Think the writing on the badge would be to small it if had to say ONE TOWN AND WHINGEING SOUTH BLACKBURN, ONE CLUB , ONE VISION :) , only the villagers of South Blackburn would build a rocket ship made of stone it will never take off.

Thats enough.....FIGHT lol

Archived