BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Possible new manager

Kelbo, what gives you hope? If you don't mind me asking that is.

Is it just this business of how nervous he looks lately?

Both surely in better jobs already mercer?

Holloway is a maverick and his relationship with the Oystons is not an easy one and alleged to be strained at times. Question would be for Holloway, out of the frying pan and into the fire ?

Unbelievably, in some quarters, Adkins' job is understood to be on the line !

Abbey, its not torture, its dreaming of a time when we have our club back, god knows when but for the first time in a while, I have some real hope!!

Let's hope it's not a false dawn.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the more we talk about/discuss possible new managers in the public domain then the more pressure for change it generates (its not torturing ourselves). Its a positive way of looking at a negative situation rather than anti Kean chants which we know get owners backs up (and they will dig their heals in further) how about calls/chants for available managers... they (Venky's) are well aware how we feel about Kean. Hopefully it will become a self fulfilling prophecy All of this of course does not take into consideration the behind the scene role people have speculated that Kean might have at Rovers/why he seems at the moment to be untouchable-but increased pressure from the other angle might help...I live in hope.

anyone will do for me

would almost certainly have travelled to Bristol today if anyone else was in charge, kean is simply toxic i want him gone and forgotten more than i want a win and that is so wrong

i'd also accept no replacement and the players fighting on a weekly basis for the last 11 standing to start over kean picking another team

anyone will do for me

would almost certainly have travelled to Bristol today if anyone else was in charge, kean is simply toxic i want him gone and forgotten more than i want a win and that is so wrong

i'd also accept no replacement and the players fighting on a weekly basis for the last 11 standing to start over kean picking another team

Ha ha you've been watching too much of the Hunger Games!!!!

Lots of people on here seem to want to choose someone for sentiment rather than suitability.

If we want to get out of this league we'd be best off with someone like McCarthy or McLeish who have done it more than once. Would I want to keep them when we made it to the top flight...no.

Lots of people on here seem to want to choose someone for sentiment rather than suitability.

If we want to get out of this league we'd be best off with someone like McCarthy or McLeish who have done it more than once. Would I want to keep them when we made it to the top flight...no.

fan perspective with poor results and kean in charge = miserable with a lot of anger utter dejection as to the future of the club

fan perspective with a sentimental choice(tugay) and poor results = Come on Tugs Come on Rovers we can do this loud happy support no anger/bitterness/resentment/hatred/banners

its no argument for keeping him the suitability of his replacement just be glad anyone comes and they have no earthly connection to india/anderson/kean

fan perspective with poor results and kean in charge = miserable with a lot of anger utter dejection as to the future of the club

fan perspective with a sentimental choice(tugay) and poor results = Come on Tugs Come on Rovers we can do this loud happy support no anger/bitterness/resentment/hatred/banners

its no argument for keeping him the suitability of his replacement just be glad anyone comes and they have no earthly connection to india/anderson/kean

I fear we are much more fickle than that, I'd love him to be a successful manager at Rovers but I'd hate the inevitable tarnishing of a legend if we didn't get results - nothing like we are seeing now tho!!!

I'm sure we all agree that Kean has to go to get people through the turnstiles, results or promotion simply won't do it. We need to be cleansed of him because he is the poster boy for our demise and the majority of fans simply aren't prepared to step foot in Ewood again with him here. The Venkys are a different kettle of fish, if they start to put up cash and shut their mouths I'm sure some fans will begin to abide them.

I fear we are much more fickle than that, I'd love him to be a successful manager at Rovers but I'd hate the inevitable tarnishing of a legend if we didn't get results - nothing like we are seeing now tho!!!

I'm sure we all agree that Kean has to go to get people through the turnstiles, results or promotion simply won't do it. We need to be cleansed of him because he is the poster boy for our demise and the majority of fans simply aren't prepared to step foot in Ewood again with him here. The Venkys are a different kettle of fish, if they start to put up cash and shut their mouths I'm sure some fans will begin to abide them.

Just been discussing this. Venkys may never get our trust but they are something we may have to tolerate in these harsh economic times. There are simply not buyers around. Or not for clubs like ours which are not the most attractive of propositions at the moment, if they ever were. and odd though it may seem there are equally awful owners about. Look at Portsmouth and Rangers. If Venkys could get in a decent replacement for Kean and let him and a sensible board run the club, I think most of us could run with that. we may not rush out to renew season tickets (too much of the season would have gone to make it an economically sound option for many) but we'd be there supporting our team whenever we could. As it is I've got tickets for Sale sharks on friday night, before somone reminded me that rovers were on tv and i don't really care one bit, even though I've never been to a rugby match in my life. It's live sport being played for its fans and not for the sole benefit of agents, manager, owners who are taking far more out than they are giving. Everyone in sport wants something out of it, but not the way the leeches have taken it out of our club.

Its truly a dark day when anybody prays for McLeish :)

The honest answer is I wouldn't overly care.

In the past prior to managerial appointments such as Allardyce, Hughes and Souness we have banded names about who we wanted and who we didn't want. Managers who had had both some success and some failure in their careers were overlooked. However, at the moment if Rovers sacked Kean tonight and employed Roy Kean, Curbishley, McCarthy or Mclaren I would be happy.

Its truly a dark day when anybody prays for McLeish :)

For the likes of McLeish and Avram Grant I'd say no. However if it was a case of the only option was swapping Coco for either of these I would still take it.

The honest answer is I wouldn't overly care.

In the past prior to managerial appointments such as Allardyce, Hughes and Souness we have banded names about who we wanted and who we didn't want. Managers who had had both some success and some failure in their careers were overlooked. However, at the moment if Rovers sacked Kean tonight and employed Roy Kean, Curbishley, McCarthy or Mclaren I would be happy.

For the likes of McLeish and Avram Grant I'd say no. However if it was a case of the only option was swapping Coco for either of these I would still take it.

Curbishley never seems to want to go north of London. McCarthy would be a great bet for getting out of the Championship, but, always seems have a horrid time in the Prem.

Curbs would be my pick but he has turned down jobs north previously.

Some of the managers suggested would NOT come here because of our set up because they know other jobs will come up in time (so from a money perspective, they are not concerned).

It is pretty average market out there, good managers are hard to come by.

The problem is, I think that to work within the current regime you'd need a certain type of person. Kean fits that mould, pretty much everyone else on this thread doesn't.

Do you not feel that unless the family suddenly befriend a new top flight manager, then whoever comes in would be micromanaged by Shebby and very few managers of any note would put up with that.

Until the bigger problems are resolved, if we replace Kean now, we'd simply get another Kean.The Rao's need to prove they can run a football club before they'll attract a manager who can run the team better. They've made a few small steps in the right direction recently, but it's a long journey they face.

The problem is, I think that to work within the current regime you'd need a certain type of person. Kean fits that mould, pretty much everyone else on this thread doesn't.

Do you not feel that unless the family suddenly befriend a new top flight manager, then whoever comes in would be micromanaged by Shebby and very few managers of any note would put up with that.

Until the bigger problems are resolved, if we replace Kean now, we'd simply get another Kean.The Rao's need to prove they can run a football club before they'll attract a manager who can run the team better. They've made a few small steps in the right direction recently, but it's a long journey they face.

Agreed Glenn-As started at the start of this thread. Remember all the necessary factors e.g Wow factor i.e Maradona, Kentaro/SEM links, ability to speak Portuguese, lack of morals/ability to be a Venky's puppet, ability to talk utter bull....). There are not many managers (if any i can think of??? ) who would put up with what Kean has/would compromise their integrity so far-says a lot about him really!!!

I think we all know deep down that Kean is going nowhere whilst Venky's are here. I would say that the only time where he may have a very slight chance of going is when his contract expires, I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Great start to the season, very much enjoying being top of the table, I like many other will never forgive Kean though and he must go regardless of results.

Archived