BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mixed feelings about a positive start to the season

Carr

I am enjoying Rovers winning games and I am more than happy are top of the league but the problem of kean still remains.

I want us to bounce straight back to the prem but if we get there I want us stay there, kean isn't learning, he can't organise a backline to save his life. And if he get us back up and stays we can basically just prepare for another season like last.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day, it's down to the Raos. If Kean gets us promoted he isn't some sort of savior, he has simply rectified his original mistakes.

So if he does get us promoted and his contract ends, it will be down to the Raos to decide whether they trust his abilities back in the Premier League and want to renew his contract, or not renew and bring somebody more experienced in.

They need to make the correct decision regardless of fan opinion.

Too much hatred for the Ste meister K around here. Stick a statue of him next to Jack if he gets us up and keeps us there.

For Christ's sake!

At the end of the day, it's down to the Raos. If Kean gets us promoted he isn't some sort of savior, he has simply rectified his original mistakes.

So if he does get us promoted and his contract ends, it will be down to the Raos to decide whether they trust his abilities back in the Premier League and want to renew his contract, or not renew and bring somebody more experienced in.

Exactly!

Just out of curiosity who is *REG OF THE ROVERS*

I enjoy the majority of his blogs...Here's one of his latest ones.

REG OF THE ROVERS.

SORRY SEEMS THE HARDEST WORD.

Let us imagine for one moment, if Steve Kean had issued a public apology to all Rovers supporters following relegation.

Let us imagine that for once he altered from his usual self-righteous and pompous, arrogant self and ate some humble pie.

Let us imagine that once he had been confirmed to carry on as Rovers manager, by Mrs Desai in early June he had shown some humility and dignity instead of puffing out his chest in defiance at the Rovers fans.

Let us imagine that he tried to reach out and connect with his fans.

Let us imagine his apology had taken the following tone.

“I want to apologise to all Rovers supporters and staff at Ewood Park for getting the club relegated from the Premiership.

“I now realise that I was not up to the job and made lots of mistakes.

“I also realise that I am the most fortunate man in football to be still in a job, and I am entirely grateful to Mrs Anurandha Desai for that.

“I want to apologise to all the people I have wronged during my short tenure as Rovers manager. None more so than Sam Allardyce, John Williams, Tom Finn, John Jensen and former deputy chief executive Paul Hunt whose departures from the club I along with Jerome Anderson orchestrated. I deeply regret my part in their leaving the club.

“I also want to apologise to all those players I marginalised, ignored and drove out of the club.

“I apologise for signing inferior players not up to Premiership standard on the advice of my agent Jerome Anderson, I should have known better.

“I want to apologise for all the lies and untruths I have consistently told to the media to try and appease the fans.

“I would now ask supporters to forgive me for ruining their club and their lives. I ask the towns people of Blackburn to forgive me for ruining the status of their town and casting a dark cloud of depression over the whole area.

“I would like to wipe the slate clean and start again. Let us all pull together to get Rovers back into the Premiership.

“Without the backing of you the fans we have no chance what so ever of winning promotion, in deed the prospect of another relegation battle is more likely.

“let us all start a fresh and pull together-whichever way you look at it, you are stuck with me so long as Mrs Desai owns the club.

“I will be willing to attend the fury of a fans forum to answer your questions and apologise in person”.

Now just suppose for one mad minute if Kean had issued such a statement (I know pigs might fly) just suppose he had !

Would there have been as little as 13,500 fans at Rovers first two home games ?.

We will never know.

Reg.

Footnote:

Operations manager Paul (Kean has me in his pocket) Agnew tried to offer a half-hearted apology on Sky Sports on the afternoon of the Hull City home game. It was delivered in a patronising manner that did not come across at al well; he was more interested in discrediting Shebby Singh’s careless and unwise remarks regarding Kean and Pedersen.

He talked of mistakes having been made. What mistakes? And by whom? .Did he mean Kean?, did he mean the senseless sacking of Allardyce? Did he mean the shambolic way the Rao family had run the club?

It is no good being vague by just saying mistakes were made. If you are to hold a position of responsibility and authority at Blackburn Rovers as opposed to writing the programme notes as Agnew used to, then be more specific.

Has no body at Blackburn Rovers got the guts to say what the fans need to hear?

www.regoftherovers.c

o.uk

We havee been really really lucky so far this season.

This is the only way we have ever got results since kean was appointed.

He hasn't learnt one thing since he was appointed and he is not interested in learning.

All he wants is his pay its that simple.

If we somehow manage to get promoted then it will be a minor miricle and the players will deserve huge credit for achieving it inspite of the manager.

So in closing the fat pig must go no matter what results we have had or will have.

I think the above blog post is exactly what most Rovers fans wanted to hear a long time ago, but sadly it is still not forthcoming. Is it time for a little bit of honesty from the fanbase, after watching the most exciting and enthralling afternoon of football for a long time I still believe there is no way back for Steve Kean. To be straight with people there is nothing that Kean can do to bring me back on side, he could win every match this season and I still would feel the same. His actions and destruction of the football club have gone without punishment, the insults towards the fans on numerous occasions have not been rectified. There has been no apology for Cardiff last season, instructing the players away from the fans at Wigan after a fantastic point was a sour note that showed disrespect to our loyalty.

As a supporter I want to feel part of the club, there are promising signs on that front compared to last season. The only stumbling block is the man on the touchline, yes I may be able to ignore him during matches (until he makes some bizarre tactical change or a crazy substitution) but he is the symbol of everything wrong with the football club. Even in thrilling matches, epic classics the immediate reaction of many fans to a goal from the opposition is "Kean Out" or Keans fault. In order to 100% enjoy being a fan of this club the manager has to leave, clever people say there is no club without fans while we have turned thousands away by backing the most divisive, offensive and incompetent man for way too long.

if Kean is ever going to be forgiven and backed as manager.

Never going to happen as far as I'm concerned. My memory stretches back to more than a few weeks and I'm afraid some of the things he has said and done in the past will never be forgiven. Venky's I would be willing to give one more chance at a push but Kean, no chance.

Never going to happen as far as I'm concerned. My memory stretches back to more than a few weeks and I'm afraid some of the things he has said and done in the past will never be forgiven. Venky's I would be willing to give one more chance at a push but Kean, no chance.

Kean forgiven --- never going to happen, maybe the Venkys in the long term IF they keep spending and IF they just let Kean go at the end of his contract or in fact before if he doesn't meet the perceived targets. We are top, talking to a Bumley fan today and he reckons even with Kean we should walk this championship -- I hope he's right. Onwards and Upwards that's what i say. COYB

The way I see it is that the further into the season we go doing well under Kean, the less chance there is of him getting shown the door. And if we actually DO get promoted at the first attempt then Mrs Desai is going to go into raptures about him and far from the sack he is likely to get a 5 year contract extension and his salary doubled or tripled.

What a wonderful scenario that will be. And which is why I was hoping for a bad start to this season and a quick exit for the clown; then we could hopefully get a proper manager in and still have plenty of time for making up lost ground, because there is no doubt that the squad is good enough. It just needs a decent manager to run the show.

indeed Fife and even more worrying is that some are falling for this top of the league stuff and beginning to think that they should get down to Ewood and support the lads. All that will do is play right into Kean and Agnew's hands - they really will be able to say the fans were gutted about relegation but now we've started winning they are back on side.

No mixed feelings from me, I really havent been excited about this season or the results. My ST money is stil in my bank account untouched and I havent missed Ewood as much as I thought I would. There is a dead feeling about the club whilst KEANSCUM is in charge and the other puppet AGNEW continues to ignore the realities of why supporters are staying away.

If that idiot really thinks relegation is the reason he needs to waken up pretty soon because there will be a time when our luck really runs out.

KEANSCUM OUT

Seems to me the last few posters either haven't read the thread carefully or are so Kean obsessed as to be unable to divorce him and Venkys from watching a game and getting some pleasure from it.

As far as I can see all anyone has said is it's nice to enjoy watching the team win for a change. After 18 months of misery it makes a pleasant change. No one has suddenly announced an undying loyalty to Kean or Venkys. Yet people come back with the same circular arguement time after time.

I'm enjoying watching a few wins not supporting Kean. As those who disagree aren't actually watching the team I find it difficult to see how criticism can be levelled at those who are?

Gotta love this message board.... all summer since we May all we heard was how strong the championship was, how it was the toughest league in Europe and how we would be heading straight down to league 1..... now it’s the worst Championship for years because despite a crap manager we are unbeaten & top??? Ha ha ha pathetic....

FACT we have adapted FAR quicker to this league than most expected....ENJOY it, hope it lasts...IF it does... Get promotion and let Kean go at the end of his contract....The playing squad seem united together, and also with Kean...so for now, whilst the team is winning/ unbeaten – DONT rock the boat, as the players seem to be onside... Nobody is saying to forget the past & accept Kean, hell no.... simply that we should enjoy it whilst the team is on a good run.

Seems to me the last few posters either haven't read the thread carefully or are so Kean obsessed as to be unable to divorce him and Venkys from watching a game and getting some pleasure from it.

As far as I can see all anyone has said is it's nice to enjoy watching the team win for a change. After 18 months of misery it makes a pleasant change. No one has suddenly announced an undying loyalty to Kean or Venkys. Yet people come back with the same circular arguement time after time.

I'm enjoying watching a few wins not supporting Kean. As those who disagree aren't actually watching the team I find it difficult to see how criticism can be levelled at those who are?

I have read the thread very carefully and the fact is that you are right - I can't divorce feelings about Kean from watching my team win. that's what makes me so angry - that this one man has made it impossible for me to really enjoy the good results. that's what mixed feelings means - I am on the one hand glad to see a rovers win, but I cannot totally enjoy it because the shadow of Kean casts a pall of gloom over the whole thing. I want to be able to go back to being a fan who supports Rovers wholeheartedly and can just relax and enjoy the football and the results, but i know that every good result makes it less likely that Kean will leave, and that, sorry to say, spoils everything.

We have to enjoy it. For the future of the club the best thing is that we go straight back up. We then have to hope that Kean is simply allowed to leave when his contract expires.

I'll also add that I have been really enjoying watching us win and seeing us at the top of a table. That feeling will always be the same, regardless of the division that we are in or who the manager is.

We have to enjoy it. For the future of the club the best thing is that we go straight back up. We then have to hope that Kean is simply allowed to leave when his contract expires.

I'll also add that I have been really enjoying watching us win and seeing us at the top of a table. That feeling will always be the same, regardless of the division that we are in or who the manager is.

Do you really think that is likely?

Do you really think that is likely?

Given what has happened to date it would 'make sense' for Kean to be rewarded with a new contract under those circumstances.

It would be interesting to see if we would still only get 13k attendances if Kean took us back up mind.

Archived