BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mixed feelings about a positive start to the season

Carr

If you raise your children properly then they won't bother with role models. The concept of having a role model is preposterous. They may wish to play football like a certain player, but that does not make them a role model. Be honest with your children, explain right and wrong and teach them how to think effectively and independantly and you won't need to bother about such things.

Putting people on platforms is not the answer. Honesty is.

As for dealing with other peoples children in a footballing sense, establish an ethos, explain how they will succeed, and if they don't want to play ball then suggest they find another club. It's not like at that age they are going to be acting like Wayne Rooney in a care home.

Erm im going to choose my words with care here, I teach my son to behave in a certain manner - honesty is incredibly important. I dont put anyone on a platform, but he read about Kean, his behaviour his lies in court he is quite a bright boy, he questioned how could Kean be a manager when he lied in court ? Keans youtube video commenting on big Sam was shown to him by his friends - he didnt think a lot to that either and again asked me how could Kean be the manager and behave like that. He also read what Kean had said about an ex defender being badly injured and then suddenly fit to play for another team when they signed him - he asked me why Kean hadnt told the truth?

I expect honesty in everyone.

Do you think Kean in those occasions acted appropriately? A good number of kids by there nature will lookup to sportsman and want to be like them. Fortunately my son is already learning a pretty good set of values - the sport he is in has reinforced that.

It takes the joy of supporting your team away somewhat when you son questions the ethics of your manager and when its very hard to defend those ethics. You see Braddock its my son thinking independantly that makes it difficult for me to attend matches of the team I have such fond memories of, and of my late grandfather taking me to games when I was young. So yes I want Rovers to always win but I sure am not happy with Kean. Kids do learn that there are people who do not tell the truth or behave in certain ways i just wish it wasnt Rovers manager that he thinks of in this manner.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody has blinkers on but the last two matches have been excellent entertainment and the Rovers have picked up two decent results. As a supporter I can enjoy that for what it is.

Really PB, I found the second half at Leeds and the Bristol game (bar the last two minutes) absolute agony to sit through.

Anyway I shall enjoy tonight and Friday.

Did you enjoy last night?

Did you enjoy last night?

The match overall? No it was terrible.

The two very good goals? Yes.

Did I feel we would lose at any point? No.

Being top of the league? Yes.

We've all seen awful matches before, this was another one. My worry is I don't know if there are teams in the Championship capable of punishing awful performances? In name Middlesbrough, I associate them with being a reasonable side, could do but I haven't seen them play and have no idea what they are like.

Cryer's now joined the 'you should just enjoy the wins' brigade. Deary me.

Oh ffs, what else do you want people to do? It is our best league start since the Championship winning year in terms of points, and even better than the Souness promotion season. You can spend every moment agonising over the fact that you don't like the manager. Or, grow some balls, accept that he's going nowhere, and just enjoy the fact that we are unbeaten and top of the league.

Oh ffs, what else do you want people to do? It is our best league start since the Championship winning year in terms of points, and even better than the Souness promotion season. You can spend every moment agonising over the fact that you don't like the manager. Or, grow some balls, accept that he's going nowhere, and just enjoy the fact that we are unbeaten and top of the league.

Although Kean must go. It is still better to have an unbeaten run. Than a run without a win. So for me Rovers doing ok at the moment is good. But they have yet to play a decent championship side. I saw a lot of championship matches last season. One or two teams did very well early matches. But could not keep it up. Whilst kean remains here, I see the same happening to Rovers.

But yes all in all, happy with points on the board. But Rovers are riding their luck at the moment. Promotion will not be gained by luck.

Cryer's now joined the 'you should just enjoy the wins' brigade. Deary me.

Do you actually enjoy losing more than winning? Whenever the Rovers win I enjoy it. At the end of the season if a club is promoted or wins a title or a cup nobody remembers the performances simply the results.

Do you actually enjoy losing more than winning? Whenever the Rovers win I enjoy it. At the end of the season if a club is promoted or wins a title or a cup nobody remembers the performances simply the results.

yeah because over a season you have to play well most of the time to win a league so the poor performances are easily forgotton. You can't play rubbish every game.

With 12000 home fans in the ground, I fail to se how anybody couldn't have 'mixed feelings'.

A wholly avoidable situation that has cost this club its lifeblood- it's fanbase.

Its a very sad situation akin to the ramifications following the 1960 cup final..it could possibly take years to win back the support that had previously took some 20+ years to steadily re-build.

The arrogance and stupidity from our owners makes my blood boil,with attendances so low all I can say is thank God for the parachute payments,we may not have had a club to support if it was not available!

I think that's me finished . Friday I've been offered a lift during night do to game and there's no chance of me accepting it . It could be my final game last night , my lad has his lift sorted off my nephew . Top and couldn't give a hoot .

All this winning must really hurt eh? More so than when Sam was winning matches? No worries, I'm sure the wheels will fall off soon and you can start accepting those lifts again.

can you lend me your rose tinted glasses I seem to have lost mine.

Abbey can't hold an intelligent discussion. Do you thinK I don't know the issues at the club? Of course I do. However, Blackpool have had issues with ownership for the last twenty years. The same owners are still there, and they're having success. Though the fans still have grievances with the owners, they support the team because it's going well.

After six games, four wins, two draws, and a record signing who is banging in the goals, I'm not going to keep on criticising. I'll enjoy it whilst it lasts.

• Backroom

Do you actually enjoy losing more than winning?

A little churlish, Parson. I expect better than that from you.

Whenever the Rovers win I enjoy it. At the end of the season if a club is promoted or wins a title or a cup nobody remembers the performances simply the results.

We're not at the end of the season so that's irrelevant. Should we go up that almost certainly means Kean will stay in charge and get a bumper new contract, which in turn means we'll soon be relegated again. I have no problem with anybody enjoying the current unbeaten run, and have already stated I'm extremely unhappy that I'm not able to enjoy it the same way you and others are. I just can't disconnect my feelings for the club from everything odious within and around it. Clearly some find this easier than others. I'm not going to apologise for being unable to filter out the bigger picture.

Erm im going to choose my words with care here, I teach my son to behave in a certain manner - honesty is incredibly important. I dont put anyone on a platform, but he read about Kean, his behaviour his lies in court he is quite a bright boy, he questioned how could Kean be a manager when he lied in court ? Keans youtube video commenting on big Sam was shown to him by his friends - he didnt think a lot to that either and again asked me how could Kean be the manager and behave like that. He also read what Kean had said about an ex defender being badly injured and then suddenly fit to play for another team when they signed him - he asked me why Kean hadnt told the truth?

I expect honesty in everyone.

Do you think Kean in those occasions acted appropriately? A good number of kids by there nature will lookup to sportsman and want to be like them. Fortunately my son is already learning a pretty good set of values - the sport he is in has reinforced that.

It takes the joy of supporting your team away somewhat when you son questions the ethics of your manager and when its very hard to defend those ethics. You see Braddock its my son thinking independantly that makes it difficult for me to attend matches of the team I have such fond memories of, and of my late grandfather taking me to games when I was young. So yes I want Rovers to always win but I sure am not happy with Kean. Kids do learn that there are people who do not tell the truth or behave in certain ways i just wish it wasnt Rovers manager that he thinks of in this manner.

It appears he's putting football on a pedestal then, or indeed people in authority such as managers. Not wise in one so young. You should explain how he can still be a manager and how other people in life who lie can get far but also explain as to why it is not the best route to go down.

You don't have to be happy with kean, but he does not have to be a role model to anybody, nor does anybody else in sport. It is nice when you get them, but it's not a defining factor of whether to go to a game or not.

If your son doesn't want to go to watch a football match because of bad people then don't take him. I'd also suggest you keep him away from the general public too as you can never be too careful.

I think that's me finished . Friday I've been offered a lift during night do to game and there's no chance of me accepting it . It could be my final game last night , my lad has his lift sorted off my nephew . Top and couldn't give a hoot .

Sad thing is I don't think I know a more passionate Rovers fan than Abbey....

Give it a miss until that clown on the touch line is sacked, then we'll come back with renewed hope pal.

Kean out!

cheers Gav, Ive a couple of weeks to decide ,but,if I stop I cant see me coming back.

You need to force yourself to come back.

It's been suggested by many fellow posters that die hards will just drift away, it's something in our make-up that dictates that, and we could easily not bother coming back, but after my great grandad going to the cup final in 1928, my grandad missing out in 1960 and my dad never seeing anything of note until the full members cup in 87, we're going to carry on, ###### to Kean and his hangers on, it's a marathon not a sprint.

Kean out

Abbey in!

Archived