BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Barnsley home 12/13

Tom

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never ever rated Murphy even early doors in his career when he was at Lpool.

As for MGP you need to rem that Ewood faithful cannot function without a scapegoat. Bloody good players who would be fantastic for us now i.e. Wilcox, Carsley, Neal have all copped for it and most ludicrously Captain Fantastic who lifted the Prem trophy at Anfield was detested by a large number of Ewoods football luminaries too.

Personally I quite like forecasting who will be the next fall guy to be picked on after they have destroyed the current one.

'Twas ever so Theno. I simply cannot remember a single season for as far back as my memory takes me (60+yrs) that there has not been at the very least one Rovers player that a significant minority of the Ewood "faithful" didn't single out for the scapegoat treatment. Whether they were correct or not is a matter of conjecture and depends which is the case in question, but I must say there have been only a tiny minority of cases where I agreed with them.

Just wondering why you've never objected to the reverse.

The only people I know who have boycotted aren't what I'd class as real fans as they were too blind drunk to know what was happening when we were in the Premier League. This is obviously not the story for all the boycotters. I'm sure there are a good deal of proper fans who are boycotting, though I don't agree with them myself.

Not every boycotter is a proper fan. There are many who would have dropped off had we got relegated under anybody, many who it's been a combination of many things including the economy and the management and the owners and other personal reasons.

Basically, not all people who go are 'proper' fans, and not all people that boycott are 'proper fans' but i'm personally happy to keep watching the team I love and hoping we continue to stay at the top end of this table and go up come the end.

The fans that are left aren't exactly creating an atmosphere. Sounds like you need these stay away fans back.

It is interesting that so many people think that the low crowd numbers are entirely down to Kean - and if he is sacked we will instantly gain another 5 or 6k in Ewood.

Personally I am more pessimistic - there are currently lots of economic reasons for not attending football - along with fans getting used to the Premiership and high profile teams attending Ewood Park. Sacking Kean would have a positive impact I am sure - but IMO not to the extent that many feel.

Why does it always have to end up with people doubting other people's committment to supporting the club? Can we not just accept that people have different views but we are basically faitrly united in our opposition to Kean/Venkys. Go/Don't go....it's up to each person to make his/her own choice but by carrying on like this we are just looking more divided than we are.

The only people I know who have boycotted aren't what I'd class as real fans as they were too blind drunk to know what was happening when we were in the Premier League. This is obviously not the story for all the boycotters. I'm sure there are a good deal of proper fans who are boycotting, though I don't agree with them myself.

Not every boycotter is a proper fan. There are many who would have dropped off had we got relegated under anybody, many who it's been a combination of many things including the economy and the management and the owners and other personal reasons.

Basically, not all people who go are 'proper' fans, and not all people that boycott are 'proper fans' but i'm personally happy to keep watching the team I love and hoping we continue to stay at the top end of this table and go up come the end.

Right so in your last post you said 2 wrongs don't make a right, and then in this post you try to justify why you don't think one of those wrongs is a wrong. Thanks for reminding me about the lack of logic in most of what you say. Will save myself a headache and go back to ignoring you.

Right so in your last post you said 2 wrongs don't make a right, and then in this post you try to justify why you don't think one of those wrongs is a wrong. Thanks for reminding me about the lack of logic in most of what you say. Will save myself a headache and go back to ignoring you.

No, I was merely pointing out the ridiculous generalising of Al, then you came in with something that was largely irrelevant, though I gave you the benefit of the doubt and graced you with a reply which pointed out that it's stupid to make generalisations. My second paragraph wasn't listing people who weren't proper fans, it was listing different reasons why different fans would not be going. I would say that anyone who would stop watching us as soon as we hit the Championship as not being a proper fan, though.

Cutout the real fan nonsense

No more of it in here this is about the game

I was under the impression the entire board was a hate free-for-all, I apologise.

Tried to quote your post Hypnotoad in order to agree with your decision to ignore braddock but got a message to say 'no permission'. Any idea why?

EDIT

Ah! I see it's interference from a mod. So I do not get the chance to reply. Thanks very much!

Nope, maybe because it had a quote of Braddock in it and you had him on ignore?

Get in, someone who got my gender correct! Gold star!

What was the attendance for this game? I don't remember it being announced, which doesn't surprise me.

I think that it's because we are top of the league in spite of him. We have been awful this season. The majority of our results have come about, not because of good team play or tactical know how, but because we have one or two players better than most of those in the league, who can pull a rabbit out of a hat when it's needed. If you are relying on Gomes or Rhodes to consistently do this, while the rest of the team are floundering, it's not something that bodes well for the future.

This just serves to reinforce my point. When the players played badly last season it was because of kean. Now that the players are winning games, this is down to them alone- suddenly nothing to do with kean!

Surely there is a contradiction somewhere?

Get in, someone who got my gender correct! Gold star!

What was the attendance for this game? I don't remember it being announced, which doesn't surprise me.

They don't announce it at Ewood and aint done for years it just flashes accross the scoreboard. Very quickly these days :)

They don't announce it at Ewood and aint done for years it just flashes accross the scoreboard. Very quickly these days :)

I'm quite sure I heard it announced at points last year.

Could be wrong. It might just be because I usually tell my Dad when I see it and everything I say deserves to be announced.

This just serves to reinforce my point. When the players played badly last season it was because of kean. Now that the players are winning games, this is down to them alone- suddenly nothing to do with kean!

Can I point out it's a different league? therefore with players who are of a better quality in many cases than the opposition, they need less management to show moments of individual class which seems to be what is winning us games according to those who are still watching matches. Put us back in the big league and kean's inadequacies would be all too evident because there you do not get away with defending as we appear to and your better players get fewer chances to shine

A little context would answer your own question.

A top ten club, steady away in mid-table reduced to relegation certainties in 6 short months.

The largest and most expensively compiled squad in a lower division getting some results, some of which have been very fortunate.

We are still conceeding way too many goals, but as the opposition now is vastly inferior, we are often able to score more than we conceed. Whereas last year, we were unable to score more than the opposition and went down without a whimper.

If you want to give Kean credit for Barnsley having 61% of last night's posession then that is up to you. Conceeding that much possession is suicidal. In the PL that game would have seen a heavy defeat for the Rovers and in my opinion all that has changed is the quality of the opposition, not the abilites of our coach, nor an improvement in our play, knowledge, tactics or strategy.

I'm quite sure I heard it announced at points last year.

Could be wrong. It might just be because I usually tell my Dad when I see it and everything I say deserves to be announced.

Strangely enough i do have that impression of you !

There has certainly been a noticable shift in Kean's after match analysis from the ridiculous (Spurs away anyone?) to the believable. I can't help but think he's been told to do this by Aggers to try to get back onside with the fans bearing in mind his voice isn't the only one audible in Pune anymore.

He can try but the ship has long since sailed, the empty seats speak louder than anything that tumbles out of his lying mouth now anyway.

A very noticeable shift. As everything Kean does is for his own benefit, my theory is his bullshit has been exposed by Shebby and he's now resorted to blaming the players, last resort stuff I reckon.

Archived