BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Barnsley home 12/13

Tom

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the first game this season where I am fairly damn confident of an win, no clean sheet though. I can see signs of brilliance from our forwards and the usual tripe from our defence. Rhodes and Gomes should really be having a field day against a team like Barnsley.

4-1 Rovers.

COYB! :brfcsmilie:

First game I'm going to in while. Finally gave in to peer pressure (well daughter pressure!) She's been desparate to go to her first ever game since mid last season. Couldn't face taking her and didn't want her first impression of going to the game to be a stadium full of hatred towards one man, especially as she'd probably have seen her dad in quite a different light, joining in with bulging eyes!

Anyway, so it's the dawn of a new era as the next generation makes the trip to Ewood for the first time, hope there's plenty to get excited about, I can see us scoring a few (as well as predictably conceding).

I'm going for a 4-2 to Rovers - Rhodes(2) Rochina & a Hanley header from a set piece.

Thunder and lightning with torrential rain in cherry tree right now not looking forward to the walk down

We're in Skiathos and it's been the same for the past 4 days, we've not seen the sun yet!!

We'll be listening/watching the scores, even though we don't care.....LoL

You are in a minority. He was dross and giving 110% counts for nothing when said 110% actually produced nothing of substance whatsoever.

Not his fault the manager kept picking him yeti, 110% is all he could do under the circumstances surely, but he was dross!

• Backroom

We'll concede at least 2 so we'll need to score at least 3 to win.

We should win this match, but with Kean at the helm I'm never confident. We could just as easily lose 3-0, though if Rhodes or Gomes keeps their good early season form up we'll grab at least 2 goals.

Barnsley are in my opinion second worst team in the league, 2 goal winning margin is the minimum requirement for me. Hopefully a 3-0 ish scoreline.

Will also try to keep everyone updated. I know many at the game but for those who aren't i'll have radio etc on and will keep updating.

Robbo, Orr, Olsson, Formica, Rhodes, MGP, Murphy, Dann, Etuhu, Rochina, Hanley. Subs: Kean, Henrique, Lowe, Nunes, Dunn, Nuno Gomes, Bruno

Why has the website starting listing in squad number order? It means nothing and looks very unproffesional.

I guess:

Robinson; Orr, Hanley, Dann, Mn Olsson; Formica, Etuhu, Murphy, Pedersen; Rochina, Rhodes

(I realised after starting that there isn't much doubt about that line up).

Wasting Formica on the right wing will count among the most heinous of Kean's many crimes in a few years time.

He had quite a few chances behind Yakubu last season and didn't really take them. Since then both Gomes and Rochina have shown themselves to be more effective in his position.

We should have really sold Formica in the summer and brought in someone more useful.

Archived