BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group meeting with Shebby Singh - 17th September 2012

mark1875

Probably is a reasonable account Philip yes.However, They have been here 2 yrs and at no stage have they ever acknowledged what the fans have had to say and TBH have at times seemed to delight in doing the exact opposite of what was required.To say they now realise their mistakes and want to start to build bridges is way past the point of making any difference. Fans have had enough, made their minds up that Venkys have had every chance to come forward and engage with the various people in blackburn and have never done so.their answer was not to do the right thing (sack the manager or get out of the club themselves) but to splash the cash Bollywood style as a statement and are probably a little bewildered that the fans have not reacted positively and been impressed by what they have done.They got us relegated single handedly with a rash of unkept promises and lies.We shouldn't even be where we are and neither should they!!.

The long and short of it is they will never , ever be forgiven .The damage as pointed out by everyone on here for ages and ages, is beyond repair and even if they take us back up this year i don't see gates improving much beyond 15000.That means they have cost us 8-10,000 fans that will take years to get back even with Kean gone.

Even now sacking Kean will be seen as too little too late by many.

So to start a charm offensive by being seen to liaise with the Action Group i,find to be stomach churning and smarmy.Its lip service and you could never ever believe that they genuinely care about the Club or the fans.

The Club will be in total limbo as long as they are here and the recovery can only commence once they have gone.

bang on

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably is a reasonable account Philip yes.However, They have been here 2 yrs and at no stage have they ever acknowledged what the fans have had to say and TBH have at times seemed to delight in doing the exact opposite of what was required.To say they now realise their mistakes and want to start to build bridges is way past the point of making any difference. Fans have had enough, made their minds up that Venkys have had every chance to come forward and engage with the various people in blackburn and have never done so.their answer was not to do the right thing (sack the manager or get out of the club themselves) but to splash the cash Bollywood style as a statement and are probably a little bewildered that the fans have not reacted positively and been impressed by what they have done.They got us relegated single handedly with a rash of unkept promises and lies.We shouldn't even be where we are and neither should they!!.

The long and short of it is they will never , ever be forgiven .The damage as pointed out by everyone on here for ages and ages, is beyond repair and even if they take us back up this year i don't see gates improving much beyond 15000.That means they have cost us 8-10,000 fans that will take years to get back even with Kean gone.

Even now sacking Kean will be seen as too little too late by many.

So to start a charm offensive by being seen to liaise with the Action Group i,find to be stomach churning and smarmy.Its lip service and you could never ever believe that they genuinely care about the Club or the fans.

The Club will be in total limbo as long as they are here and the recovery can only commence once they have gone.

Considering they aren't likely to sell - exactly what would you do ?

The only way forward is dialogue.

Kean is likely to go before venkys. Venkys are staying. So dialogue and hope they learn to run the club properly is the only thing we can hope for. But they need to remove kean to have any chance at all at turning the supporters around.

BRFCAG's reputation and trustworthiness is at stake not only with Venky's and Rovers, but also with everybody else watching.

Simply transpose "BRFCAG" and "Venky's" in that sentence and you get an equally (or perhaps more) valid meaning.

On this subject of tickets, it would be interesting (and might give an answer to Aggers and his propaganda) to analyse away match ticket sales for this season and one or two similar games last season to compare the percentage sold to regular Ewood attendees. Might just tell a tale.

Meeting with the manager. Shebby Singh stated that Steve Kean does not wish to meet with supporters and on this occasion he would hope the supporters would respect the managers [sic] wishes.

I bet he doesn't. Something tells me Stevie is careful not jeopardise his fragile relationship with planet earth.

Simply transpose "BRFCAG" and "Venky's" in that sentence and you get an equally (or perhaps more) valid meaning.

On this subject of tickets, it would be interesting (and might give an answer to Aggers and his propaganda) to analyse away match ticket sales for this season and one or two similar games last season to compare the percentage sold to regular Ewood attendees. Might just tell a tale.

Kean coulod easily spin the away following as support for him. He could easily say, "Look at all those fans who have travelled all this way and paid good money to see MY team play". Etc

Kean coulod easily spin the away following as support for him. He could easily say, "Look at all those fans who have travelled all this way and paid good money to see MY team play". Etc

I think he could only use that line once and the following away game would be zero tickest sold

Congrats to BRFCAG for their persistence and transparency.

Unfortunately Shebby, far from being the real deal, is at the moment just another part of the same problem. His promises at KGH have been rebutted and withdrawn. He can't sack Kean, nor can he hold Kean to his promise to face the fans. At the moment all he can do is convey to the owners what they already know, What a waste of time Shebby is.

Kean is likely to go before venkys. Venkys are staying. So dialogue and hope they learn to run the club properly is the only thing we can hope for. But they need to remove kean to have any chance at all at turning the supporters around.

But thats the point Pafell

They have just committed the most heinous crime with our club over the last 2 yrs that they could ever commit.yet where is the remorse? have they actually come out and said enough is enough, we got it completely wrong? Have they installed all the right people and got rid of the ones that were complicit in this nightmare?

No they have done what classless , rich imbeciles do in these circumstances and try to impress you by saying nowt & trying to seduce us with cash.

Dialogue mate? I'm sorry , don't make me laugh. That horse bolted ages ago and is a million miles away now.Actions and only the right actions will have any impact now.

Considering it is them that came and butchered us and not the other way round the onus is on them to look at it and do the right thing. In your opinion and after 2 years is that '' having dialogue''?? Even then they are only choosing to have it with one group.Its not a dialogue with Blackbun exactly is it?

In my book its ''sorry guys we made a huge huge mess , we will go if you want us to''!!!

What I don't understand is why the owners don't publicise the (albeit very small and few) positive things they are doing? For example the BRFC youth leagues and the helping charitable/local people - we only hear about these from Shebby amongst questions about Kean.

Not sure what to make of his answer re: the late accounts? Seems like he's suggesting there could be something underhand going on.

Either they are completely incompetant with their reporting or there are a few people sweating on the Venkys London accounts - I seem to remember that Deloitte are the auditors, its unlikely they would forget to remind Venkys they needed to submit the accounts.

The first set of accounts will reveal the transaction that bought the club from the trust, and also how this was funded and by who....

The realisation of no money being generated from ticket sales, sponsors, corporates ect Along with with many tales which have been found to not only have no foundation, but show the levels some would go to to hide the truth have brought about many changes in the key individuals minds.

The owners are currently now taking part in a religious festival/time of the year back home in India (Sorry I dont have much understanding of different religions , only that really religious people do not miss these) They are due back in the country in a couple of weeks.

They have been not only analising the visual effects of the last 2 years in terms of an empty stadium/no sponsors, but also the product on the pitch. (Remember Sam's removal) . Those who have previously positioned themselves in a position of trust, now find themselves on slippery ground.

Actions will always be the ultimate proof in the pudding, but where results on the pitch last season which were poor did not have Kean removed, then I think results which are good this season (to date) will also have no effect on the decision process. I think what I'm trying to say, and i'm more than likely wording this badly is, being top of the league and unbeaten will have no baring on any decision which is made. We have all seen the performances, or heard about them, we have all seen the empty stadium, and we can all see the impact the last 2 years has had on the supporter base, club, and wider community. Its these key points which are now the lines which are being looked at.

Exactly what i've said; results meant nothing in the premiership, so why should they count for anything now.

There's always been more to it than that.

Incidently, have the owners got a live feed for Championship games in India?

OJ Rovers - the feed to India is provided by the club for home games 'live' and away games on a slight delay (no sure how much of a delay). Trying to read into what Glen has mentioned above, it seems the dramatic fall in revenue 'may' be starting to have an effect on the key decision makers high up the food chain - not just at Ewood.

Interesting that Greg Coar has been appointed into the position vacated by Ken Bemish..... I hope he does well as in all my dealings with him he his IMO a genuine guy and committed rovers fan, unlike other high profile club employees.

The realisation of no money being generated from ticket sales, sponsors, corporates ect Along with with many tales which have been found to not only have no foundation, but show the levels some would go to to hide the truth have brought about many changes in the key individuals minds.

The owners are currently now taking part in a religious festival/time of the year back home in India (Sorry I dont have much understanding of different religions , only that really religious people do not miss these) They are due back in the country in a couple of weeks.

They have been not only analising the visual effects of the last 2 years in terms of an empty stadium/no sponsors, but also the product on the pitch. (Remember Sam's removal) . Those who have previously positioned themselves in a position of trust, now find themselves on slippery ground.

Actions will always be the ultimate proof in the pudding, but where results on the pitch last season which were poor did not have Kean removed, then I think results which are good this season (to date) will also have no effect on the decision process. I think what I'm trying to say, and i'm more than likely wording this badly is, being top of the league and unbeaten will have no baring on any decision which is made. We have all seen the performances, or heard about them, we have all seen the empty stadium, and we can all see the impact the last 2 years has had on the supporter base, club, and wider community. Its these key points which are now the lines which are being looked at.

Lots of rumours that Gomes and Rhodes were both Shebby's idea - any chance that this will weaken Keans position, as they are the only ones turning out yesterday.

Lots of rumours that Gomes and Rhodes were both Shebby's idea - any chance that this will weaken Keans position, as they are the only ones turning out yesterday.

Both players were indeed on Singh's recommendation, and both have started really well. At most clubs in the league players are often signed by other people rather than the Manager, these being an early success will no doubt be a feather in Shebby's cap, But to what extent it has other people's positions, I really do not know

Both players were indeed on Singh's recommendation, and both have started really well. At most clubs in the league players are often signed by other people rather than the Manager, these being an early success will no doubt be a feather in Shebby's cap, But to what extent it has other people's positions, I really do not know

I don't believe that for one minute Glen. Henning Berg said so just a week or two back. Managers will have scouts at the club working towards the managers needs, while others at the club - just as John Williams used to do - will work on getting the players contract sorted and signature captured, The final say will be with the manager. Having Shebby Singh bringing in players off his own back can only make the development of a balanced squad technically and tactically very difficult. In other words, the person responsible for performances and tactics has to decide which players fit his vision.

I don't believe that for one minute Glen. Henning Berg said so just a week or two back. Managers will have scouts at the club working towards the managers needs, while others at the club - just as John Williams used to do - will work on getting the players contract sorted and signature captured, The final say will be with the manager. Having Shebby Singh bringing in players off his own back can only make the development of a balanced squad technically and tactically very difficult. In other words, the person responsible for performances and tactics has to decide which players fit his vision.

If only...this is Blackburn Rovers Football Club remember.

Wouldn't take much though he was the most talked about lower league player in the country

I really doubt he had ever heard of Rhodes prior to him joining in his global advisor role - he might be well known in the lower leagues but doubt many people in Europe/Rest of the world have heard of him either.

Archived