BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group meeting with Shebby Singh - 17th September 2012

mark1875

No offence but don't you think that you're exaggerating a little with that post? Wouldn't the supporters who need life-saving treatments benefit more from Rovers offer of free medical care, rather than the sacking of Kean?

Ah!! MG, welcome back. I've been expecting you. Round about here funnily enough.

It's a splendid gesture from Venkys, I'll take it at face value and won't be drawn on the politics.

However, just think what joy and happiness they could bring to thousands of people in Blackburn and surrounding areas by for once in their entire time of owning the club; using a bit of common sense and removing Kean?

Sure, thousands of fans have stopped paying into the club, we've no sponsors, Kean is universally hated, is a liar, a drunk driver, his actions in a Hong Kong bar have brought a law suit against the club from the manager he inexplicably replaced, is unable to keep a squad together without feeling the need to fall / freeze out players (many of whom were better than what we have now), feels the need to employ a bodyguard, has managed to surround himself by inadequate yes men at Board level, is unable to demonstrate even the remotest ability to set a team out and possesses the ability on numerous occasions to contradict himself in the press within seconds.

Oh and to boot he has surely cost Venkys millions through relegation. In short he is a total liability.

So, in conclusion, a grand gesture and if there is someone unfortunate enough out there who needs such treatment then utterly fantastic. At the same time though Venkys should get their act together and start running the football club they bought with the care and attention that it's many unhappy fans deserve. That is their duty.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MG - any gimmicky projects won't hold much weight with most Rovers fans.

Sacking Kean and replacing him with a proper football manager is the only thing that matters and will bring back the majority.

Furthermore, it will instantly make us a better, more organised team.

The realisation of no money being generated from ticket sales, sponsors, corporates ect Along with with many tales which have been found to not only have no foundation, but show the levels some would go to to hide the truth have brought about many changes in the key individuals minds.

The owners are currently now taking part in a religious festival/time of the year back home in India (Sorry I dont have much understanding of different religions , only that really religious people do not miss these) They are due back in the country in a couple of weeks.

They have been not only analising the visual effects of the last 2 years in terms of an empty stadium/no sponsors, but also the product on the pitch. (Remember Sam's removal) . Those who have previously positioned themselves in a position of trust, now find themselves on slippery ground.

Actions will always be the ultimate proof in the pudding, but where results on the pitch last season which were poor did not have Kean removed, then I think results which are good this season (to date) will also have no effect on the decision process. I think what I'm trying to say, and i'm more than likely wording this badly is, being top of the league and unbeaten will have no baring on any decision which is made. We have all seen the performances, or heard about them, we have all seen the empty stadium, and we can all see the impact the last 2 years has had on the supporter base, club, and wider community. Its these key points which are now the lines which are being looked at.

So, in a nutshell, Venky's still don't give a hoot for the fans or the position of the team, but will sack Kean because of a decrease in revenue? Venky's and Kean deserve each other. Rovers fans don't deserve either.

No offence but don't you think that you're exaggerating a little with that post? Wouldn't the supporters who need life-saving treatments benefit more from Rovers offer of free medical care, rather than the sacking of Kean?

Great gesture but why are they still fannying about with the disabled minibus which is on its last legs.

• Backroom

Great gesture but why are they still fannying about with the disabled minibus which is on its last legs.

In the minutes it says they weren't aware of it which I find hard to believe because I'm sure it's been discussed with the club before. Maybe the frst Shebby has heard though

The minutes make a good read but reality and history tell us two things:

The Rao family have failed to deliver on every promise to date be it with regard to the club or to an individual. As an aside given the quality of health care in this country "life saving" surgery would be freely and immediately, assuming it is life saving, to anyone without the Raos help**

Shabby Singh has since retracted everything he said, several of us have recordings if what he actually said, at KGH. Why should we believe anything he says now? Just another circus clown until he delivers.

** you have to wonder who the hell these people think they are? Do they wander around Pune giving small change to the poor? TBH there are many more deserving charities in the third world than "life-saving" surgery in Blackburn, which is free to all via the NHS. Buying publicity through well publicised health care charity? Scores no points with me.

MG we have a wonderful institution over here that looks after people who need life saving treatments and its already free. So yes I think sacking Kean would be what most supporters want

Is the offer of life-saving surgery limited to Rovers supporters ? Would they turn away Tiny Tim if he had not renewed his ST ?

This clearly demonstrates how much you and your bosses know about this country. Try googling National Health Service - free to all at the point of delivery.

What will Balaji ask you to post next?

• Backroom

** you have to wonder who the hell these people think they are? Do they wander around Pune giving small change to the poor?

Pretty much they do yes. They feed a staggering amount of poor people regularly

I'd take the offer at face value, maybe it's a cheap tactic but if it helps someone in need then so be it. If the criteria was life changing instead of live saving then there is a little girl in Rishton whose family and friends have been working non stop to try and raise money for her to have surgery in America to enable her to walk, if just one person like that was helped then its worthwhile IMO

MG, having said all this about a free health service, there are still people being denied drugs that could save their life because of the NHS refusing to pay for them. They don't need a one-off surgery, more a committment to fund the drugs on a regular basis.

OK can't argue with feeding the poor, I didn't know about that.

Your point about "life changing" is a very good one and hopefully will be picked up by the family. It would obviously benefit the individual in a way none of us could truly comprehend.

Sadly for the Raos I think most would regard the action as a transparent attempt to win over the locals. What they need to do is quietly get on with proving themselves not buying headlines in the LT. Most benefactors simply do the work without fuss or bother.

• Backroom

But I agree with one decison they could make a few thousand people a lot happier as they can return to doing the thing they have done every other Saturday for most of their lives

FFers. Did we not mention the minibus to Shebby or did I just dream that (I know I intended to but I thought somebody else did), that's why I cringed when it came up in the meeting with Aggers as I thought they'd end up with two knowing the way the club works.

That said. It's possible I just dreamt it, especially as it wasn't the most structured of meeting (like the old JW ones).

FFers. Did we not mention the minibus to Shebby or did I just dream that (I know I intended to but I thought somebody else did), that's why I cringed when it came up in the meeting with Aggers as I thought they'd end up with two knowing the way the club works.

That said. It's possible I just dreamt it, especially as it wasn't the most structured of meeting (like the old JW ones).

It WAS mentioned. I wasn't there, but according to minutes put out previously, the owners and Shebby do known about it.

Life-saving treatment? Grand gesture, and looks like they are in PR-mode. They've made a real balls-up of this since day one, so this is the ultimate way to save face. (Sad that I feel they are using sick children to do this, in my opinion, but a real hope for those children.)

Applaud the BR Action Group for all of this. The stride forward from protests to a much bigger, more involved entity is something I greatly admire. I hope the communication and endorsements remain strong between the two parties.

If any of the Brothers Grimm fell ill during one of their visits to Blackburn they would get first class medical treatment. That would be despite not paying a penny into the NHS.

For a particular individual who needs such help. Then yes it is good of venkys to offer such help. That is commenderable. But it will only be seen as a bribe to get fans on their side. But what matters to the suporters is the football club.

But it is of no help to the club, the town businesses and the local community.

Rovers need more than mouth to mouth treatment from the owners. It needs a complete heart transplant. Getting rid of Kean is the answer to that.

If venkys want the supporters back on board, sacking Kean is the ONLY WAY that could happen. Kean is a criminal drunk driver, the worse manager rovers have ever had. He is possible not far off being the worse the league has ever had. He is a lair. Take the latest lie - 'only a few hundred have stayed away'. Yet a supporter just watching the match on TV can see a near empty ground. Attendances of about 12,000, compared to 20+000. That is more than a few hundred.

The time to get rid is long over due.

In the minutes it says they weren't aware of it which I find hard to believe because I'm sure it's been discussed with the club before. Maybe the frst Shebby has heard though

The FF and the action group may have let those at the club know. But as to if that imfo was passed on to those who have the power to do something about it, is another thing.

OK can't argue with feeding the poor, I didn't know about that.

Your point about "life changing" is a very good one and hopefully will be picked up by the family. It would obviously benefit the individual in a way none of us could truly comprehend.

Sadly for the Raos I think most would regard the action as a transparent attempt to win over the locals. What they need to do is quietly get on with proving themselves not buying headlines in the LT. Most benefactors simply do the work without fuss or bother.

I will take issue with that, the poor are there in India by design, it is called the caste system, people like the Rao's benifit from it greatly as it provides cheap employment.

I have seen it 1st hand and also seen the attitude of the haves and have nots working in India, It would be a national scandal if it was happening in this country on the same scale

If any of the Brothers Grimm fell ill during one of their visits to Blackburn they would get first class medical treatment. That would be despite not paying a penny into the NHS.

Unless outside ewood park. We'd all have a party.

One of the things many seem to be missing on here is that, despite what your opinions are of Shebby Singh, he has been instrumental in getting Rhodes, Gomes, Best and CKR, more importantly in my opinion, is that the truth is now being spoken to the owners as Kean doesnt now make his trips to Pune, Singh does, which in my mind suggests Keans position of strength is now considerably weakened!

Archived