BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Boro

cn174

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't an excuse, just an observation and possible explanation.

The defence play poorly mainly because Orr and Dann are atrocious footballers.

Though Dann is the crowds latest scape goat (with some justification given his some of his performances) - I don't think we can really take a realistic view on him until we have a decent manager. Lets be honest - under Kean - Nelsen, Samba, Jones and Givet have leaked goals - and at times looked distinctly average. In Jones/Samba we had one of the best central defences outside the top 4 - but still leaked goals under Kean.

I find it utterly amazing that after 2 years - Kean - who was a respected coach prior to his promotion - can get it so wrong, so many times. Black is a well respected coach - but again doesn't seem to have been able to influence our poor set up. Something is definitely wrong - the start has to be getting rid of Kean.

Though Dann is the crowds latest scape goat (with some justification given his some of his performances) - I don't think we can really take a realistic view on him until we have a decent manager

I think we've seen enough of him to form an opinion. He has no natural attribute that a good centre back needs.

I think we've seen enough of him to form an opinion. He has no natural attribute that a good centre back needs.

I agree.....what was interesting though was in the couple of times he had a good game (for him) last season when he was next to Givet, some fans commented he looked like an all-round, or complete, centre back....as in capable of doing everything while not excelling at one in particular.

However this means in the 95% of other games, he has no redeemable qualities and therefore just looks awful......as much as I don't rate him, his performances for B'ham coupled with Kean's major inadequacies means I won't be that surprised if he turned out decent under a real manager.

Let's just hope we get to test this theory.

Archived