BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Truth of The Situation

TBTF

These are indeed weird times.Top of the league, unbeaten when most people had us down to be relegated and yet the feeling of apathy around the Club is palpable.We have lost shirt sponsors, stand sponsors and half of our fan base and yet the rest of the UK continues to ask why Rovers fans are not supporting the team or the manager .I mean West Brom have done it for years (promoted then relegated then promoted then relegated) and their fans have stayed in their numbers and supported their Club.

We now hear that Venkys/Shebby et al are concerned at this state of affairs and want to start building bridges with the fans albeit so far by engaging only with one fan group rather than the fan base as a whole.We are asked to accept that they are doing good things in the local community and have backed the promotion campaign with decent wads of cash.

So what is it that the rest of football doesn't get ? And what is it Venkys most definitely need to clearly understand?

Basically for 2 years they have come into our club and trashed it amidst a catalogue of lies and deceit and failed promises. Forget about Anderson, Kean , Agnew and Shaw for a moment.All roads lead back to the owners who are the only ones in truth who have it in their power to make the decisions, take the decisions and employ both cash and the people that they think can do whats best for this Club.They failed miserably on both counts

Michael Blackburn has commendably spent an awful lot of time and energy mapping out the horrendous statements, decisions, promises, stupidity and conniving in his book.It is our fans who have endured this 24/7 for 2 years and Venkys answer is typically classless.To feel bewildered and concerned when they have done what wealthy people often do and that is try to cover up their grave errors by splashing cash around borders on criminal. Are we supposed to be impressed? They claim to be involving themselves with local cases of distress and seeking to embroil the Action Group in wider community issues.Rubbish- wishy washy cosmetic rubbish!

So hard done by Venkys , doing everything possible and yet the fans don't support them .In the eyes of the footballing UK, Rovers fans remain the guilty party , not fit to have a successful club.

Its a master class in spin and blame shifting.

But the truth is that Venkys have gone way beyond breaching the trust of the fans.Their chronic lack of respect for the fans and the legacies of the Club mean that whatever words , meetings and noises come out now ,the fans have made their own minds up.Sacking the manager as some would claim might bring one or two back but it is a sad day when in truth not many give a monkeys whether we go back up or not.The heart and soul has been ripped apart and the rebuilding process for one of the founder members of the football league , some 137 years ago cannot even be thought about whilst they are still our owners.

You are way past your sell by date Venkys, the game is up.Make one decent decision for the first time in 2 years .Acknowledge your grave errors , apologise for what you have done and leave the Club with the only morsel of dignity that you can possibly ever salvage.

You are a disgrace but the real disgrace is in conducting your business in a way that makes innocent , powerless fans the culprits on a national scale. Your father would be ashamed of the lot of you.

That's it; please go now.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty fair summation.

Every day that the fans stay away, the less chance of them returning. Now I haven't been down to Ewood this season, but from people who do go down, I get the impression that in all honesty the heart has been ripped out of them as well? Nothing to cheer and not enough energy to give Kean and the owners stick either.

To those still going, is that the truth?

Why did you bother commenting in the first place Batman (proper cringed at calling you that).

As for Venkys, I actually don't mind them. Yes, they are incredibly stupid, or is naive the word? I honestly believe the two dim-witted brothers care for the club and if it wasn't for that queen bee, Coco would have been terminated unceremoniously along time ago. One thing I will never forgive them for was ridding the club of John Williams, who I and I'm sure others agree, hold in the same regard as Jack Walker. However it is their club now and for sure they are free to do with it what they will. They have just gone about it the wrong way, although they are improving, albeit at a ridiculously slow pace.

I'm afraid that the truth is that you are long on rhetoric and short on substance.

See:

Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go! - Cromwell 1653

We will fight them on the beaches etc . . . . Churchill 1940 etc etc

Founder members of the Football league in terms of current Pyramid position:

1. West Brom (6)

2. Everton (7)

3. Stoke (12)

4. Aston Villa (13)

5. Blackburn Rovers (21)

6. Wolves (28)

7. Derby (32)

8. Bolton (37)

9. Burnley (39)

10. Notts County (47)

11. Preston (49)

12. Accringron Stanley (successor club) (75)

By the looks of this it seems like a few more could be in greater need of 'rebuilding' than us.

Let's see if the table is still lying at the end of the season.

I won't mind if it continues to lie the way it is doing now.

While my "KEAN OUT" banner still lies ready, the possibility of moving on is something we all need to contemplate from time to time.

The tyranny of distance prevents me from going to games. All of my mates renewed and everyone of them is a died in the wool Rover. It would take a sight more than Kean or Venkys to keep them away (or relegation for that matter)

Why would anybody give up their football club? Why would anybody allow themselves to be driven out/kept away? I reckon for every genuine boycotter there are two ex ST holders who find that a convenient cover for not renewing on the basis of being unable to see Manyoo, Chelsea, Arsenal, Ci'eh et al anymore.

I reckon for every genuine boycotter there are two ex ST holders who find that a convenient cover for not renewing on the basis of being unable to see Manyoo, Chelsea, Arsenal, Ci'eh et al anymore.

Stats suggest otherwise Chris. According to some scribe in the LT:

season ending '99 [ relegation season] we averaged 25773.

The following season in the lower tier [a season where we finished mid table] we averaged 19253.

Last season ending 2011 relegation season] we averaged 22551 [down from c25000 pre Venky's]

This season we are averaging 13400.

How is that explained?

Rovers are a club that has lost touch with its community,people fought hard on and off the field of play to get this club back to the top of English Football...arrogant idiots took some 18 months to destroy it all.

This clubs supporters wont forget easily,the animosity to these people still burns very fierce and so it damn well should, its there for all to see with this seasons dire attendances.

Stats suggest otherwise Chris. According to some scribe in the LT:

season ending '99 [ relegation season] we averaged 25773.

The following season in the lower tier [a season where we finished mid table] we averaged 19253.

Last season ending 2011 relegation season] we averaged 22551 [down from c2500 pre Venky's]

This season we are averaging 13400.

How is that explained?

Difficult to argue with stats like that. Disappointing that so many find so easy to turn their backs on the club. Pains me to say it but I don't think this would have happened to this extent at many other clubs.

Is that far away land la la land by any chance? :rock:

......an internet smart@rse joins in. Great.

You dont seem to understand the depth of this situation Chris,how many 'other clubs fans' have had to endure what we have seen this last 2 years?.......

The fans have been literally screaming for change for 18 months but have been ignored as if akin to something on the bottom of the Rao's shiny Shoes.

There is only so much shouting you can do if nobody is listening.

Of course I understand. I've supported the club since the 70's. Just because I live away now doesn't mean I've lost touch. If I was still at home I'd be at Ewood for every match, work permitting and a few aways. Steve Kean and the Rao brothers wouldn't stop me. Undoubtedly many boycotters genuinely feel that they are staying away for the long term good but I get the feeling that many have have meekly given up on the club. To be honest there has always been a lot of apathy towards Rovers. As I said it pains me to say that.

Love it! :tu:

Ah, sarcasm.

I live a long way away now.

• Moderation Lead

Of course I understand. I've supported the club since the 70's. Just because I live away now doesn't mean I've lost touch. If I was still at home I'd be at Ewood for every match, work permitting and a few aways. Steve Kean and the Rao brothers wouldn't stop me. Undoubtedly many boycotters genuinely feel that they are staying away for the long term good but I get the feeling that many have have meekly given up on the club. To be honest there has always been a lot of apathy towards Rovers. As I said it pains me to say that.

Ah, sarcasm.

I live a long way away now.

Agree totally with the giving up part.

Archived