BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Myles Anderson

Mercer

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where is this information coming from about his wage? Absolutely stinks to high heaven if true. Blatant corruption, yet with no way to actually prove it.

A friend in the media txt me late last night with the figure, he's very reliable where BRFC are concerned

Who would turn it down? who knows? if you are suggesting that it doesn;t make hime complicit in this hypothetical situation then I would say its wrong and that it does. If rich dad is expected to share wealth with rich dads children and rich dads money comes from football clubs, how is that different from rich dads children undeservedly receiving riches directly fro football clubs instead? would that not make rich dads children complicit in a scandal? or ineffect becoming a bung? I don;t know rich dads son, I have never seen him on a pitch, I would never shout abuse at him on the street or on a pitch, thats not my style and he probably doesn;t deserve it and is a very nice person, but just if that was the situation I wouldn't say he was whiter than white.

I tweeted saying "Myles Anderson leaves #BRFC by mutual consent. Give up wasting your time pursuing the pro career kid. Go to Uni or something" and received somewhat of a "complaint". I will go into further detail later perhaps.

All I will say for now is considering I've had complaint at my very mild if anything neutral tweet, I suggest others most certainly watch their words on here and on Twitter. Regardless of what you think of Jerome, don't waste your time insulting Myles, not his fault he tried to pursue a professional career despite lacking the ability. If someone offered me a decent contract as a pro footballer that I wholeheartedly didn't deserve I would most certainly take it. I received petty insults for my tweet but I imagine others could get contacted by their legal bunch if they provoke enough. But yeah, watch the words people, they will only land you into trouble...

James Wilkinson was not far wide of the mark

Young Anderson was on 12.5k p/w not too shabby for someone who couldnt get a game for Aldershot.

That's also the number I had heard.

His Dad was paying it through some back door arrangement apparently but then I don't believe unfounded malicious gossip about Mr Jerome Anderson and do not encourage others to believe it either.

His Dad was paying it through some back door arrangement apparently but then I don't believe unfounded malicious gossip about Mr Jerome Anderson and do not encourage others to believe it either.

My contact, an ex scottish pro, told me Anderson was lucky to even make the bench at Aberdeen and his level was conference at best!! As for his wages, I do hope Rovers never paid him that amount of money, its an insult to the tea lady!

I struggle to believe the figure. Lets not forget Kean was on 8000 Per week.

That was the case at Orient when 'the next Chris Smalling's' wages were much much less. He went on trial (yet again) I believe but after a short time Orient recognised that he wasn't good enough and informed the Fat Controller that they intended to curtail his time there. Thats when he persuaded Orient to keep his lad on till the end of the season and send him the bill.

Cant see him stumping that reported amount up here.

No way he was on more than a couple of grand a week, the hundred grand a year figure someone said earlier was probably just about on the mark. Still way too much and an absolute joke though that he was given any sort of contract. Wonder if anyone else will take him on.

Sarcasm alert :)

I don't encourage others to believe it either.....

They keep seeing potential in this lad, maybe we are missing something !?!?!?

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/story-17783066-detail/story.html

If you read it through, near the bottom its says something along the lines of, with a view of this player breaking into the first team.... I'm sorry but at 22 if your not in the Exeter first team your in the wrong profession altogether... Although we always knew that :rock:

If you read it through, near the bottom its says something along the lines of, with a view of this player breaking into the first team.... I'm sorry but at 22 if your not in the Exeter first team your in the wrong profession altogether... Although we always knew that :rock:

Wonder what kind of interest dear old daddy has in poor Exeter...

The frightening thing is that if fans hadn't kicked off about him and Kean was still manager you can bet your bottom dollar he would have been using him now in this division. No matter how bad he was dastardly would have insisted that muttley use him in the 1st team squad. !

What an absolute joke this club is! I can't believe that we are letting this guy go for nothing - he's the next Chris Smalling FFS! We are going to regret this big time because you mark my words, this lad is a late developer.

Thats why Exeter snapped him up as someone who may break into the first team :-)

“I need to be at a club where they’re looking to give young players a chance and an opportunity to come through."

And Rovers don't do that? Hell we've given many chances to a lot of our PROMISING youth prospects. He makes out that our lack of faith in our youth hindered his progression. Or maybe it's because the likes of Henley, Hanley, Jake Kean etc earned their opportunities and earned their place on the club's payroll!

“I need to be at a club where they’re looking to give young players a chance and an opportunity to come through."

And Rovers don't do that? Hell we've given many chances to a lot of our PROMISING youth prospects. He makes out that our lack of faith in our youth hindered his progression. Or maybe it's because the likes of Henley, Hanley, Jake Kean etc earned their opportunities and earned their place on the club's payroll!

Of course we do. Maybe he was misquoted and it should have been: "I need to be a at a club where they're looking to give young players with no skill or talent whatsoever, a chance to and an opportunity to come through.". But the actual quote would take away some of the excitement about having signed the new Chris Smalling.

Archived