BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys want either Shearer or Sherwoodas next manager

Get rid of Kean, then see what your options are.

Personally I'd like someone with proven ability in this league, Holloway & McCarthy bring good contenders at doing that. McCarthy hasn't got the pedigree in the PL though.

As for Shearer, he's had a go at Venkys previously, so can't see them accepting him (or vice versa). Sherwood is in that mix of Berg, Tugay, Newell of inproven ex players. It's a bit of a risk with any of them to be honest.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think ex-players is the way to go. Get rid of Kean and bring in someone who knows how to get us working as a unit and promotion challenge should then be on.

Agree 100%.....we should go down a list with the criteria being best chance of taking us up and keeping us there.....who they've previously played for shouldn't really be a factor imo.

This raises a good point. If it meant seeing the back of Kean, would people take an untried or risky manager - providing they had credibility within the game?

100% I would.

I think everyone would be the same....I don't want Shearer, Adams, Avram Grant etc but if I was only allowed the choice of them or Kean then I would bite someone's hand off.

Shearer or Sherwood would be fine - providing they brought in an experienced manager to work alongside them - a bit like the Dalglish/Harford combination that worked so well for us previously.

Not that he's the greatest manager, but Shearer had Dowie alongside him at Newcastle.....they were on a downwards spiral but they only won 1 out of his 8/9 games and my Newcastle mate really wasn't impressed with Shearer at all....so much so that Beardsley is now his favourite ever Newcastle player.

I can't stand kean, but the drink driver argument is a bit silly IMO. I think most people know somebody who has been caught drink driving in the past but we don't label them like they've committed some horrendous Act.

I think it's the fact he denied it and tried to blame it on fans.....Givet was caught for drink-driving after all......he was also caught speeding and using his mobile.

So basically he didn't just commit a criminal offence in drink-driving, he also committed perjury when he lied in court about it.....and he'd probably do it all again, while still showing no remorse imo.

If Kean was to go then we need someone with proven ability and in particular experience of getting a side promoted. Rovers have spent a lot of money this summer and failure to achieve promotion at the first attempt could have dire consequences.

Curbishley would be my no.1 choice if I was Rovers. Souness isn’t an option as he’s pretty much said he’s done with management. McCarthy has the experience to get a side promoted, but longer term I have my doubts about him.

I think with promotion on the line someone like a Shearer or Sherwood is far too much of a gamble.

after watching goals on sunday this morning i think Tony Adams would do a great job of tightening up our defence , not saying he's the right manager material for what we need right now , but as a number 2 and defensive coach he 'd be ideal

SHUT UP!!!

that why I block your posts because of your abusive comments

Lol. As I recall you took offence when I said you must believe in the tooth fairy, Easter Bunny etc I don't remember "abusing" you before that. Unless you went under some other username in the past.

We're you up all night waiting for that article by your hero to appear.

You stupid boy!!!

LOL Shearer And Sherwood...

Definitely a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire, what this team needs is a tried and tested man at the helm not some bloody trip down memory lane.

Just cannot understand some folks lack of rational thinking due their sentimental blindness.

I couldn't agree more, would we be interested in any of them if they weren't ex Rovers players ?

If, if, IF Kean goes then we need to make sure we get the decision right, taking 2-3 weeks is preferable to making a right royal mess of it. If they want a name but unproven then fine, talk to them but approach as many as possible, you may just get a pleasant surprise.

If you want an unproven but potential:

Neville,

Sherwood,

Shearer

Proven:

Redknapp,

Benitez,

Dalglish,

Poyet,

Holloway

And I think a couple of weeks would see Nigel Adkins available.

I would LOVE dalglish with one of the first 3 alongside, that just would get bums on seats!!!!!

Rafa & Salgado, wakey wakey , I know.

Would be good for us, but the bosses at Molde didn't let him go to Villa, so i highly doubt they will let him go to Rovers.

Funny I was reading about him today, bosses were OK with him talking to Villa, he decided to stay, family now settled in Norway.

ole gunnar is not ready for that step-up yet, we don't want another paul ince on our hands, we need someone with experience

I actually don't think Solskjær would want it either.

With our squad it's a great chance for any up and coming manager to prove themselves with a straight bounce back to the Premier League. But with Venky's still finding their feet as owners, and Shebby being a rookie at his job, I would prefer getting an experienced manager in who knows how to handle himself - someone like Warnock or Big Sam.

• Backroom

I actually don't think Solskjær would want it either.

With our squad it's a great chance for any up and coming manager to prove themselves with a straight bounce back to the Premier League. But with Venky's still finding their feet as owners, and Shebby being a rookie at his job, I would prefer getting an experienced manager in who knows how to handle himself - someone like Warnock or Big Sam.

The problem here is that a rookie manager is much more likely to accept the setup in place (Shebby making the bulk of the decisions) whereas an experienced manager would be much less likely to accept those working conditions.

The problem here is that a rookie manager is much more likely to accept the setup in place (Shebby making the bulk of the decisions) whereas an experienced manager would be much less likely to accept those working conditions.

I agree, but we're second in the table with a good squad and money talks. Conditions for taking the job isn't that bad.

Archived