Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys want either Shearer or Sherwoodas next manager

Next Blackburn Rovers Manager Odds

• 4/1 Tim Sherwood
  • 10/1 Alan Shearer
  • 10/1 Brad Friedel
  • 12/1 Harry Redknapp
  • 16/1 Dave Jones

I'd take any of the above, though Shearer would be the riskiest and Redknapp the safest (but likely most expensive) choice.

Friedel is a very odd one to appear so near the top of that list. I severely doubt Redknapp would take the job (in fact I'd venture there's no chance) but hopefully Spurs fan Shebby will be pushing hard for him to at least be considered... Even an approach would be a statement of intent on Venkys' behalf.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shearer: Fantastic player and a legend, but I don't see him as a manager type... and his results at Newcastle aren't fantastic either.

Friedel? no no no way.

Keegen. Charismatic guy, would get us up.. but it's all guns blazing with him(all out attack).

Redknapp would never leave the south.

Curbishley. Would be a great choice. However, would he leave London?

Sherwood. Exciting, has relatively strong ties with the club and probably a good pick, if he brings with him an experienced backroom staff.

Mick Mccarthy. Would get us up easily, but probably not a good long term move.

For me I'd just like a proven manager who could reunite the club.

Someone with passion and a point to prove and an allegiance to the club. also ideally articulate and proficient tactically

Not Shearer or Sherwood. someone that can manage.and has done so previously

Keith Hill! (Shearer or Sherwood as assistant)

I think hes tactically astute, commands respect and is not a puppet or yes man.

I can actually see Rovers being a pretty attractive place to come to now as a manager.

Yes we have the most stupid owners of em all, but managers can see that their position will be pretty safe to say the LEAST.

If Kean can survive 2 years with that awful record, imagine how safe your job is if you actually win matches!

+ we've got Jordan Rhodes :xmas:!!

Redknapp for me, please!!

According to someone on Ewood Park's Finest Reloaded, he spotted Harry Rednapp in McDonald's in Lancashire. So the plot thickens. Well, I'm not sure if he was just trying to wind us up, but I thought people might be interested to hear that.

Depends. Did he have a Big Mac or McChicken Sandwich.

If he went for the chicken it's definitely on, otherwise I'd just dismiss it as a wind-up.

Sherwood comments today:

Sherwood, who has been part of Spurs' coaching set-up since 2008 and is involved in the youth set-up at White Hart Lane in his role as technical co-ordinator, insisted this morning that he was happy in his current post.

"That's all they are - just rumours," he said. "That's all I know about it.

"I've got a great job where I am. There ain't nothing to consider. It's just speculation.

"I love what I do. I'm happy at the football club - it's a great project."

I fear this may be a familiar tale.

Sherwood comments today:

Sherwood, who has been part of Spurs' coaching set-up since 2008 and is involved in the youth set-up at White Hart Lane in his role as technical co-ordinator, insisted this morning that he was happy in his current post.

"That's all they are - just rumours," he said. "That's all I know about it.

"I've got a great job where I am. There ain't nothing to consider. It's just speculation.

"I love what I do. I'm happy at the football club - it's a great project."

I fear this may be a familiar tale.

'Safespeak' if ever I've heard it. If he wasn't interested he would've said so.

the drama queens make me laugh...yes i had a tenner on arri but dont expect him to become manager.People really really need to grasp the notion we are in the Championship and talk of arri,Klinsman etc is laughable.

I was being sarcastic, I didn't really expect Harry Rednapp to become manager either. Well, given that you did laugh, it meant my joke succeeded, so I guess I should be happy about that.

Archived